Awoo.

Best Voice Actor for C Eggman/Robotnik

Tailikku

Or at least mute until his Modern counterpart gets frustrated and builds some device to make him talk or something. :P

If he builds an inaccurate translator that gives classic Eggman a cowboy voice, then this game will officially be the greatest thing ever.

I still say classic Eggman/Robotnik will only have

in place of actual dialogue.

Just to be clear on this I was thinking of this:

Robotnik_Sonic3.png

Not this:

Robotnik_pose_3.png

But in responses to every clamboring to Edwin, he was my second choice as well, the reason why I chose Jim was because of this (sorry for the low quality audio):

If he builds an inaccurate translator that gives classic Eggman a cowboy voice, then this game will officially be the greatest thing ever.

I think he's learned his lesson from Cubot, so I doubt that'll happen. :P

Just to be clear on this I was thinking of this:

*Angle Island Boss art*

Not this:

*Classic Robotnik and Egg Mobile art*

Another thing about everyone else saying that Mike should be Robotnik, if he tries to do a young Eggman voice, he's practically:

7-29-10_Eggman_Nega.jpg

(he has a younger voice that Eggman in Sonic Rivals)

Another thing about everyone else saying that Mike should be Robotnik, if he tries to do a young Eggman voice, he's practically:

*Nega pic*

(he has a younger voice that Eggman in Sonic Rivals)

Edited by Blue Blood

I can't stand Eggman Nega's voice for some reason. But my vote goes to Edwin Neal because of this

Edited by SEGAMew

I'd have to go with Edwin Neal. He sounds most similar to Baldry and Bristow which were always the definitive Robotnik voices for me. But he'll probably silent too, just for more fan wanking.

But still, we've got the Japanese Robotnik as confirmed by the sign-post.

Edited by Dr. Mechano

Pics now. I want to see this. I NEED to see this. Classic Japanese Eggman is by far my favorite design for the character, and I can't wait to see it in full 3D, even if it's just on a sign-post for now.

RobotnikSignPost.png

I'd be just fine with (in order of preference):

1. Pollock

2. Edwin Neal (Unlikely but would be amazing)

3. Silent except for his JP Sonic CD "Ooh hoo hoo!" laughs

Any of the above would be splendiferous.

Edited by Blue Blood

This makes me so happy. It's classic Eggman! And it's his cutesy Japanese design instead of his grotesque American one. I am pleased~

I'm so giddy over this. Seeing that yellow cape and blue pince-nez glasses in 3D... It's so cool that they're so unambiguously using his original design and not "Bad Boxart Eggman" that much of the western fanbase has come to associate with "Robotnik."

I'd be just fine with (in order of preference):

1. Pollock

2. Edwin Neal (Unlikely but would be amazing)

3. Silent except for his JP Sonic CD "Ooh hoo hoo!" laughs

Any of the above would be splendiferous.

Edwin Neal is the only one who ever voiced Eggman in classic form to my knowledge. I think he did a fine job too. I'd like to see him back.

Jim Cummings is like, my favorite voice actor, but his Dr. Robotnik, while a very sweet voice, is too creepy for a game like Sonic Generations. He can get goofy, but he sounds too much like Pete, while not a bad thing, I don't think it fits ol balloon shaped Eggman.

To be fair, it was evident that it would be that Robotnik from the moment we saw him in the Jazwares placeholder boxes.

Speaking of, that pretty much confirms the presence of Egg Robos in this game as well.

This is from the NY Toy Fair earlier this year

IMG_017.JPG

Edited by Aquaslash

Wait, what?

We saw classic Eggman in a Jazwares placeholder box? ...I'm out of the loop. Links please.

You need to lurk moar.

• Thumbs Up 1

If he were still with us today, I would have picked Long John Baldry in a heartbeat.

But I guess if it cant be Pollock, (who it probably will be and I have no problem with that, Pollock is amazing), then Edwin Neal it is.

Edited by LimeTH

If he's supposed to be a younger version of Eggman, how the heck would you explain the voice change if he was voiced by Jim Cummings?!

• Thumbs Up 1

If he's supposed to be a younger version of Eggman, how the heck would you explain the voice change if he was voiced by Jim Cummings?!

Weight loss.