Awoo.

Best Voice Actor for C Eggman/Robotnik

Tailikku

Jim Cummings could voice Robotnik.

If he used his Fuzzy Lumpkins voice.

I dont know about that one. It defintley wouldnt fit if Robotnik sounded like a hick.

If they do get Jim Cummings, then I'm sure he could throw his voice enough to fit C.Eggman. I mean, he does Winnie The Pooh for crying out loud.

Jim Cummings could voice Robotnik.

If he used his Fuzzy Lumpkins voice.

Wait, Cummings was Fuzzy Lumpkins? I suppose he could do the role after all.

Also there's always Gary Chalk.

If he were still alive I'd want Deem Bristow to voice Modern Eggman. But Pollock is good, too and I think his voice would work great for Robotnik.

Edited by MarcelloF

Wait, Cummings was Fuzzy Lumpkins? I suppose he could do the role after all.

Also there's always Gary Chalk.

I was thinking that, but I also thought that C Robotnik would have two henchbots akin to Orbot/5A-55/Ergo and Cubot. Those two are:

And I really hope those two boobs show up in this game.

Why couldn't Jim Cummings voice Robotnik from the future? If a Future Robotnik is behind all the menacing time stuff, that is.

:P

I suppose I should restate my position.

I'm not against Cummings doing the voice- I'm against him voicing him like SatAM Robotnik, since Classic Eggman is absolutely not the same character. If he took the character in another direction and made him appropriately bouncy and wacky for that character design, I'd be just fine with it. But seeing Classic Eggman drone on in that sinister "Julian" voice would be really awkward, because that voice doesn't mesh with that design at all.

That said, I don't see Classic Eggman sounding like Baldry's AoStH Robotnik either. He's wacky, but not that wacky.

Edited by Dr. Mechano

I was thinking that, but I also thought that C Robotnik would have two henchbots akin to Orbot/5A-55/Ergo and Cubot. Those two are:

And I really hope those two boobs show up in this game.

That would probably never happen, HOWEVER Sonic Team could find an easy way around it. Just have Classic Eggman followed around by these two:

2d77rx0.png

1zbxzie.png

• Thumbs Up 2

The chances are, if Classic Sonic is mute in Sonic Generations, the same probably goes for all the other classic-style characters.

The chances are, if Classic Sonic is mute in Sonic Generations, the same probably goes for all the other classic-style characters.

Most likely, yeah. The only character who has a chance at being a exception is Robotnik (yeah, classic style is Robotnik and modern style is Eggman. Shoot me) who might have some evil laughter.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure. I think Robotnik still stands a decent chance of being fully voiced, since it'd be a little difficult to communicate an evil plan through giggles. It's certainly not impossible, but it might make cutscenes a little awkward. It really depends on what kind of role he has in the story.

That said, since we're getting voiceless characters anyway, I'd kind of like to see Robotnik get the mime treatment. It might not make much sense, but it'd be seriously cute. He'd better at least have his laugh, though, preferably a pitched-up version of Pollock's Eggman laugh. OOOOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO~!

That said, since we're getting voiceless characters anyway, I'd kind of like to see Robotnik get the mime treatment. It might not make much sense, but it'd be seriously cute. He'd better at least have his laugh, though, preferably a pitched-up version of Pollock's Eggman laugh. OOOOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO~!

Or even like this:

Or even like this:

Eh. I feel that doesn't fit classic Eggman's design at all.

That doesn't fit any human being at all. I've always found his US CD laugh really out of place, honestly.

Eggman's laugh in Sonic CD used to always CREEP the crap out of me... Of course I was, like, 7 or 8 when I first played that game (I got it on PC...). I honestly don't think its a good Eggman voice, though, period, pretty much what Dr. Mechano said.

As for classic Eggman voice... it seems likely he won't have one, but Pollock would definitely be best. Really, Eggman's an older kind of guy... his voice isn't going to sound so significantly different in the past. Sonic may have sounded lighter in tone, but Eggman? Unlikely.

I want Robotnik to say one line, and one line only.

"I HATE THOSE HEDGEHOGS."

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm not sure. I think Robotnik still stands a decent chance of being fully voiced, since it'd be a little difficult to communicate an evil plan through giggles. It's certainly not impossible, but it might make cutscenes a little awkward. It really depends on what kind of role he has in the story.

I can so see SEGA doing what Travellers Tales did with their Lego games. Just a character laughing, grunting and so on. I mean, they did the "I am your father" scene with no dialogue, so I can see Sega doing the same with Robotnik communicating his plan by "uh, er, ah!" kind of dialogue. Also means Eggman will go " Its strange how I understand you perfectly."

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing as Long John Baldry is dead... Sample his AoSTH sounds. Noone would fit better. :P

You think the guy that looks like a clown should sound like a mass murdering psychopath?

Yes.

As he said. I think it wouldn't fit to neither classic or modern Robotnik. That Voice is too low and to dark. He is a "clown" :P. That voice wouldn't fit to him.^^

I just found that page. I gues that are all actors that Robotnik ever had.

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/voice-compare/Sonic-The-Hedgehog/Doctor-Ivo-Eggman-Robotnik/

I was half-joking, but I can't really think of someone, who hasn't played Robotnik, that could play him.