Awoo.

Real Madrid win the Copa del Ray trophy... then completely destroy it

Badnik Mechanic

Last night. Real Madrid won the Copa del Ray trophy for the first time in 18 years. It's basically the spanish version of the premier league.

This is what the Copa del Ray trophy usually looks like.

3810123782_be1fcfe893.jpg

Well Real Madrid last won the cup in 1993, so as you can imagine, they were very excited to finally win it again after 18 years.

[insert portal reference]

There was a party, all their friends were invited, even companion cube.[/end reference] They were celebrating as most teams do with an open top bus driving through the streets with hundreds of fans cheering.

Well... defender Sergio Ramos decided he wanted to celebrate too, when he got handed the trophy he lifted it up above his head and then....! Dropped it over the side of the bus.

The drophy falls to the concrete below and is damaged... However... because the bus was still moving... the trophy is then run over by the bus... directly under it's wheels.

The bus completely runs over it and pretty much turns from a tophy to a plate.

The team and fans respond by singing songs.

I however laughed.

• Thumbs Up 1

That is brilliant.

...I must however be a stupid nitpicker and say the Copa del Rey is actually their version of the FA Cup. Their top league is called La Liga.

</pedantic arsehole>

But still, way to mark the occasion.

Even a trophy can reject it's holder. :P

He clearly wasn't worthy to be a winner, therefore, he is a loser.

Epic fail is epic, I am sure they'll make another for them. But it sure is really embarrassing for them! :lol:

I guess losers feel a bit better seeing that! :D

Edited by BW199148

That has to be one of the most epic fails I've ever seen! Of course, they'll get it replaced, but wow, talk about a real embarrassment

lol, I knew about this. Maybe they didn't like how the cup looked like and just dropped it XD...Nah, it was just pure clumsiness from Sergio Ramos (Maybe now I'm figuring why that spanish, catalan to precise if I'm right, program that made a parody of him made him look so stupid :P)

Edited by Vec