Awoo.

So...anyone believe this will unite the fanbase?

CrownSlayers Shadow

That's not really the point. If half the game is Something You Like, and the other half is Something You Hate, regardless of how the two relate to each other or to the series as a whole you aren't going to be entirely happy with it.

It's exactly the point. Now, Sonic Team actually has justification for what they're doing.

But it doesn't make something you hate any more palatable.

Even so, this game is supposed to be a celebration of all 20 years of the franchise. The two gameplay styles are so radically different it would be a bad thing for them to focus purely on one.

I would show you the link to it but his comments got removed by Nicochi. :\ BigAl still has it in his video, though.

http://www.blip.tv/file/5046590

skip to 06:55 to hear it

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 2

After this game comes out I hope Sonic Team realise the futility of dividing a whole game up into two sections.

Why don't they just combine they two and run with that?

If people are still bawwing for the classic design why not just have the game ask you if you want "Classic Mode" or "Modern Mode". A simple model swap can't hurt anyone, and there should be zero mechanical differences (i.e what Generations should have been but alas)

It probably won't cause there is actually people who is complaining that Modern Sonic is a playable character in it.

Ah Nicochi alway's redefining what it means to be a jackass.

And to answer the OP's question no, I really don't logically possible to at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally I think what they're doing with Generations is near-perfect. If you get bored of the high speed reaction-based Unleashed gameplay, go do some platforming as Classic Sonic. I don't really give a shit about stuff like uncurling or other small things anymore, from the looks of it Classic Sonic's gameplay is close enough to the Genesis games. Yellow Springs! Wheely-Feet in mid-air! Spin Dash! No Homing Attack! (Not to mention some decent momentum, far better than Sonic 4). I'm REALLY pleased with this game so far. Good work Sega/SonicTeam. :)

On the subject of whether this game will unite the fanbase, maybe not but it's pleasing at least 2 groups. Also someone hating the game because they only like one of the play-styles is beyond me, they're forcing you to play as SONIC with different gameplay based on the same formula! No Werewolves or Fishing Cats!

Edited by Segakid

Sonic fanbase? United?!

But really, on a serious note I doubt there will ever be a united fanbase seen as how many different things the games have done over the years, meaning that fanbases will branch off, preferences will be different and such. But when you get down to it, there will always be complaining when it comes to Sonic, no matter good of a game he has. There's even complaining about Sonic Generations. When it comes to Sonic, there will always be complaining.

So the answer is no

Watched it all the way. Kinda surprised really, but that only goes to show how even the most trivial of things is something of rage for this fanbase.

Just read his old page, and the guy is even more nuts than I ever thought.

One member says and I quote:

"Actually, by its own definition, an opinion cannot be 'wrong'."

And Nicochi's response? "Yes it can."

Um...yeah. Moving on.

Solaris called him out nitpicking as well. He blocked him, called him many bad words, and when iI tried to politely reason with him, he called me a, a little kid, said that everyone who liked Modern Sonic had the wrong opinion, called me a coward and blocked me. I could post a link if anyone wants to see that dumb, horrible conversation.

On the bright side, bravo Richard Kuta, there is hope for you yet! :D I must say that honestly surprised me.

Also, retro purists will be one of the things stopping this fanbase from uniting. Colours was a pretty good attempt, but people like Nicochi completely ruin it.

Eh, we shouldn't turn this into a Nicochi-bashing thread. Post the link if you want, but it'll only give him more attention. Let him live in his own little world.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, we shouldn't turn this into a Nicochi-bashing thread. Post the link if you want, but it'll only give him more attention. Let him live in his own little world.

I will, because what he writes amuses me greatly, but yeah, it'd be best not to derail this thread for the sake of a few annoying people.

But while we're talking about that link, BigAl is

pretty pathetic too.

Anyway, I doubt the fanbase can be "united", just because it's near impossible to get loads of people to agree on something, even in fanbases of franchises that have consistently good games. But I do think that if Generations is good, and whatever games follow it continue to be good as well, it'd likely help a lot.

Edited by Ekaje

No. I don't think game will unite the fanbase.

The real question is if I give a fuck and the answer is no.

• Thumbs Up 2

I doubt the game will reunite the fanbase. Nothing short of an Adult rated game with every character, every old stage, and every old gameplay style (and hoverboard racing) could do that.

However, I know for a fact that it does attract positive attention from alot of classic Sonic fans (not all, but alot). Which is more than I'd have expected from any previous release.

Yeah, i won't derail the thread to be about Nicochi. If anyone wants the link, just pm me.

Anyway, I don't think the fanbase will ever be truly united, there are too many differnt tastes in the fandom. Colours definately gave a good try for a bit, but there are still unpleasable complainers. Generations kind of helps and dosn't It gives both gameplays but it also is helping to divide the fanbase as well.

It definately does please some classic and Unleashed fans but still, I don't think it will reunite the fanbase.

Anyway, I don't think the fanbase will ever be truly united, there are too many differnt tastes in the fandom. Colours definately gave a good try for a bit, but there are still unpleasable complainers.

You know, just because people don't like Colors, doesn't mean they're unpleasable.

You know, just because people don't like Colors, doesn't mean they're unpleasable.

Gawd that came out wrong! :( I wasn't saying that in the least! I am saying that there are three differn't unuique playstyles in the fanbase. Colours did a decent try at bringing modern and Classic fans together but there are people who like the dreamcast era as well,as well as people who just don't like the unleashed style. There are also people who are just plain unpleasable that even if they did get a game exactly like they wanted they would still find something to complain about.

0:00-0:35 -*Silence*

0:36- 0:44 as the camera quickly zooms out:

Ahahaha!

Oh wait, you're serious.

AHAHAHAHAHA

*Camera pans across the horizon and then to other ssmb soldiers standing single file in army uniforms*

0:44- 0:1:39:

"Unite"?! This is Sega officially drawing the line in the sand. This is giving ammo to every complaint, be it justified or utter garbage, that the classic side has thrown out. This will be seen as the first attack by classic Sonic on modern Sonic. And you think this will unite them!

1:40-1:48, as the camera slowly zooms in before fading to black:

This is the start of the war!

Sorry, this post just had that epic "lets get ready to go to battle" feel to it...

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 6

Of course it won't unite the fanbase.

That's a bit of a naive question considering the obvious differences Generations is doing in combining Classic gameplay and Unleashed gameplay. That's how Generations would be trying to be different from Colors.

Of course, that old saying you can't please everybody always seems to be true. But the lengths they seem to be trying seems to say "We want you both to enjoy this together" instead of taking separate routes.

They aren't combining it, though. They're actively splitting them.

They aren't combining it, though. They're actively splitting them.

I'm meant they're putting them in the same game.

Yeah. While actively splitting them.

I got it the first time, dude. I don't see why you felt a need to repeat what MarcelloF said after I rephrased what I meant.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

I got it the first time, dude. I don't see why you felt a need to repeat what MarcelloF said after I rephrased what I meant.

...I dunno, it just came to me.

The fanbase will almost NEVER be united, I give you points for optimism, but there's been too much crap, I expect it to happen once Sega make a game so aweosome, so amazing that it outsells everything.

I swear I'm going to pistol-whip the next person that posts Nicochi's short-sighted immature drivel.

• Thumbs Up 2