Awoo.

So...anyone believe this will unite the fanbase?

CrownSlayers Shadow

For example, it seemed to me that when Sonic Colors came out a year ago, most everyone on this forum was extremely pleased by the new writers. Now it seems like I see more people who hate them then I see people who like them.

For the record, the Colors writers have always felt subpar to me. Their humor may be better in small bursts, but their stories are lackluster as a whole.

For people that don't like modern sonic = Don't play the games, and stop bitching. ph34r.png

(I'm probably one of the only people here that enjoyed sonic 06ohmy.png )

For people that don't like modern sonic = Don't play the games, and stop bitching. ph34r.png

To be fair, the overwhelmingly negative response to 06 probably saved the series. It's been uphill ever since.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, I actually appreciate what '06 was trying to accomplish more than I usually let on, it's just that over the years I've learned to hide that fact among other things (like how I thought Heroes was worthy of the 7's it got for example) so that I wasn't seen as an idiot by others around me. Either that, or I always throw in how I know it was an objectively bad game and stuff like that, so they know that I'm not blindly praising it and stuff.

Plus we got people whining constantly about how the Unleashed gameplay is soooo awful whenever a good two years ago everybody thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Ah yeah man, it's a shame that the old forums were wiped, there'd be a ton of examples from right here that I could dig up from that period as proof...

Edited by 'Ferno

I believe what they were going for in Generations, is to make a mixture of old and new. But uniting the fanbase? Not quite. Adventure back in 99' was argued over day and night from the Sega forums. And so on.. 06' was a nightmare to share about. Most panned out negative comments, and nothing ever positive. Sonic 4 - in the middle.

Sonic Team can't seem to make anyone happy. v.v

Edited by kadosho