Awoo.

Release Dates and Release Editions Speculation

Blue Blood

We definitely know GameStop will be stocking the Super Sonic Avatar costume as a pre-order bonus. There's even a pic of it with the GameStop description at Xbox Rescource.

http://www.xboxresource.com/viewavatars.php?t=5150

Lol! I've had to remind GAME and Gamestation of their own pre-order bonuses before when I've gone to collect the game.

That super sonic looks AMAZING!! :D But will it be all one costume or will it separate the head and the body? I want regular Sonic's head on super sonic's body, and super sonic's head on sonic's body.

That super sonic looks AMAZING!! :D But will it be all one costume or will it separate the head and the body? I want regular Sonic's head on super sonic's body, and super sonic's head on sonic's body.

It looks like it's the whole costume. They would have separate listings if it was like the Sonic 4: Ep 1 head and body parts.

http://www.xboxresource.com/viewavatars.php?t=2915

Called them. It really is the Avatar. But then again I preordered the PS3 version.....so it could mean something.

"does this super mode make me look fat?"

I'll wear it for a bit like the sonic costume. it'll be nice to wear when i'm in a sonic mood...

I hope PS3 gets some exclusive theme or something. I hope they don't think they are getting away with the 20th anniversary themes. I want something through a limited edition and i want it to be Sonic Generations related.:lol:

Also i hope for a real limited edition to be announced. ;)

I remember that leaked SEGA/SONY document a while back.

It said something like exclusive dlc power ups, i cant exactly remember.....

A gaming Store in my town set the release date to October 21st. lol

I really want to know what his source is. rolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.gamesaktu...mic-Con-836220/

Apparently SEGA said November 20th (Sunday) at Comic-con. Kind of weird noone has said anything..

Can't see them releasing it on a Sunday anywhere in the world. The only Sunday releases are usually Nintendo's own games in the US.

I think I'll go with my gamestop person who said Nov 1st (Tuesday) instead. Nov 20th sounds waaay to odd. A Sunday? I don't ever recall a game (non nintendo) being released on a Sunday.

Yeah same here. I never heard of a game releasing on Sunday but then again there always a first time for everything. :)

I dont remember SEGA relasing ANY game on Sunday. Its really odd. If we had final relase date SEGA would relase a press entry or post on Blog or Facebook.

Can't see them releasing it on a Sunday anywhere in the world. The only Sunday releases are usually Nintendo's own games in the US.

Thought so, but I thought I'd post it since I don't know when USA releases games.. I'm also not sure if the site is even reliable.

And HG/SS.

And Platnum and DP.

Nah, pretty sure its gonna be Tuesday just like Unleashed and Colors.

Pokemon is almost always released on a sunday. I believe Sonic's day is usually a tuesday or something

This is true. Sonic usually shows up on a Tuesday so November 1st sounds more legit than November 20th(?). Well at least to me it does.

This site that's dedicated to reporting UK release dates for all sorts of things is pretty confident that Sonic Generations is being released November 25th.

http://www.release-dates.co.uk/post/2011/08/16/Sonic-Generations-UK-Release-Date.aspx

The article was posted about 6 hours ago and appears to be the only site out there reporting this right now. The only match I can find is GAME's release date for the 3DS version, which they've been listing as November 25th for ages now, while they have the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions down for November 4th.

If you go to IGN.com there's an 'in the spotlight' section about half way down the homepage. There's a Sonic Generations 'promoted content' box which says November 4th release date.

I'm assuming SEGA have paid for an advert so is Nov 4th official? I'm from the UK as well, not sure if it will show up on US version of the site.

EDIT: Ah it seem's to have been withdrawn and replaced with Renegade Ops, knew I should've taken a screen shot :(

Edited by Xieldos

If you go to IGN.com there's an 'in the spotlight' section about half way down the homepage. There's a Sonic Generations 'promoted content' box which says November 4th release date.

I'm assuming SEGA have paid for an advert so is Nov 4th official? I'm from the UK as well, not sure if it will show up on US version of the site.

EDIT: Ah it seem's to have been withdrawn and replaced with Renegade Ops, knew I should've taken a screen shot :(

Sooo the dates we have are November 1st, November 4th and November 25th. If I get my call on November 2nd I'll be blowing this place up with excitement. BUT if it comes earlier.....November 1st I'll be getting it midnight when everyone decides to get Uncharted 3. Either way I WIN!

With this and evidence from GAME and Gamestop I belive relase date is 4th November.

And its pretty smart move from SEGA if you ask me. I mean majority of gamers will buy BF3 at the end of the October and probably pass MW3 (since they will be adicted to BF3 multiplayer.) and will buy something with worth singleplayer in December/November. Since majority of games focus on multi I can recall only 4 games with worthy singleplayer mode this fall- SG,Sykrim, Rayman Origins and Ratchet and Clank all 4 one (co-op worthy)

Edited by Eternal X