Awoo.

Release Dates and Release Editions Speculation

Blue Blood

Why is late November the only date that would make sense? By then majority of the world has MW3, Rayman, ACR, BF3, Uncharted 3, LOZ SS, Halo CE remake and just about any other mega heavy hitter from that month. Basically meaning that Sonic generations would have to be GAME OF THE YEAR just to get any notice except from the people who are following the game. I'd prefer it go up against Uncharted 3 than that whole list I just named. At least it will get something.

No, it wont.

Launch sales are incredibly important for a developer to gauge future interest of a brand and title, and Sonic already doesn't sell that good on HD consoles to begin with. No developer worth their salt would contend with Skyrim and Uncharted 3 which are released at the first half of the month. Without taking away anything from Sonic, it would be competing against the two most hyped game titles of the year, and it's far too risky to miss out on those sales. It'd be suicide for Sega to release it around that period.

November 25th is a safe date. It's free from Modern Warfare 3, Assassin's Creed, Skyrim, Uncharted 3 and Zelda. All those titles you listed are released during that month's first half, just like Skyrim and Uncharted 3. November 25th is a free ride.

No, it wont.

Launch sales are incredibly important for a developer to gauge future interest of a brand and title, and Sonic already doesn't sell that good on HD consoles to begin with. No developer worth their salt would contend with Skyrim and Uncharted 3 which are released at the first half of the month. Without taking away anything from Sonic, it would be competing against the two most hyped game titles of the year, and it's far too risky to miss out on those sales. It'd be suicide for Sega to release it around that period.

November 25th is a safe date. It's free from Modern Warfare 3, Assassin's Creed, Skyrim, Uncharted 3 and Zelda. All those titles you listed are released during that month's first half, just like Skyrim and Uncharted 3. November 25th is a free ride.

Actually I think Sonic games are long-time sellers. I mean games like BF3 and COD have majority of sells on relase date and then sells medicore/poorly.

And remember if the relase it early November they may have discount for Christmas AND IT IS SMART MOVE!

Sonic games are long time sellers, but how much they sell at launch and during the Christmas period is HUGELY important.

Actually I think Sonic games are long-time sellers. I mean games like BF3 and COD have majority of sells on relase date and then sells medicore/poorly.

And remember if the relase it early November they may have discount for Christmas AND IT IS SMART MOVE!

Edited by Shadzter

Actually, FPS games are long-time sellers, especially since developers keep them alive with DLC every month or 2. I mean, here in the UK, Black Ops hasn't left the Top 40 chart since its release. Even Modern Warfare 2 still pops up in the chart now and again. They don't decline to mediocre/poor sales quickly at all.

COD is really other thing I mean look at games like MOH(this last one).

And we sll know that longest selling game is either Wii Sports or the nightmare of UK- Zumba Fitness :P

Hm.. On Wikipedia the release dates are set on:

North America: November 1st

Europe: November 4th

Wikipedia FTW!!! But yeah we have to much evidence what I can say: HD ver. Relase date: 1sta and 4th November, 3DS ver.: 25th November.

The shop where I normally buy games as the date to 11/11/11 and they are usually right.

Wait 11/11/11huh.gif (sonic adventure 9/9/99), makes you think.

The shop where I normally buy games as the date to 11/11/11 and they are usually right.

Wait 11/11/11huh.gif (sonic adventure 9/9/99), makes you think.

No it doesn't. No official release date has been announced, and retailers from all over a predicting different things.

Hm.. On Wikipedia the release dates are set on:

North America: November 1st

Europe: November 4th

Wikipedia is not a valid source.

Nothing is until Sega releases an official statement.

Oh forgot to add something that Portugal as a history of releasing sonic games later then the rest of Europe for two reasons:

1. One thing that is called quality seal(I don't know if other countries have this but we do) and all media related things have this, dvd's, cd's... . For the people that don't know what is its purpose its to validate if the game is official(kinda like a second bar code) and when the distributor receives the game they need to put it on every game.Also thanks to this little thing we need to pay 10 euros extra for the gamesangry.gif .

2.The distributor of sonic games here in Portugal doesn't normally cares for sonic games so they give priority to other games, especially if a lot other games that sell more in Portugal are released in the same time as the sonic ones(unfortunately thats the case this year).The only games that were on sale the same day until now(that I remember) are the Olympics and Colors.

But this year I'm thinking of order it from game UK so I think this time I will not have this problem.

Edited by redhellc

Wikipedia is not a valid source.

Nothing is until Sega releases an official statement.

Oh really? rolleyes.gif

Edit: I just answered to your post.

Actually everybody knows that Wikipedia isn't a legit source.

I just wanted to mention that because I didn't see that somebody mentioned that already.

I don't want to be rude or something but your answer was silly as well. ;)

Edited by Poise

Oh really? rolleyes.gif

Don't be silly. Wikipedia is an encyclopedia open for anyone to edit. I can go in there myself and change when the supposed "release date" is. Until Sega officially announces a release date, nothing is set in stone.

The only source it cites for a release date is this site, which lists it merely as "November".

Oh, and don't do pointless remarks like those if you have nothing better to say. Keep things clean here.

Edit: I just answered to your post.

Actually everybody knows that Wikipedia isn't a legit source.

I just wanted to mention that because I didn't see that somebody mentioned that already.

I don't want to be rude or something but your answer was silly as well.

Don't act like a smarty pants as a response then, cause it gives awful impressions, and it's a waste. I fail to see how my answer is silly when you were the one imposing a pointless post to begin with.

Now back to topic.

Welp, seems like all you folk down under might be getting lucky...

sonicgenreglimitcollect.png

The contents of any version have yet to be confirmed, but they've got three separate listing up for both the 360 and PS3 versions of the game. "Sonic Generations", "Sonic Generations Limited Edition" and "Sonic Generations Collectors Edition". For the record, MightyApe was one of the first places to list the Sonic Classic Collection Limited Edition, which was released only in Spain and Australian regions.

EDIT: It's also worth mentioning that this isn't confirmed yet, especially since they have no details about the individual versions.

EDIT 2: Also, no sign of anything but the regular version on the following Aussie retailers- CD WOW, GAME, EB Games, Fishpond, Games Plus, Cheap Games Australia, Game-lane, Dungeon Crawl, Games101, Dstore.

Edited by Blue Blood

Woah! SEGA Australia really treats you guys in Australia well. Can't wait to see what's in those.

HMV's updated their release date for the 3DS version from November 4th to November 25th, matching GAME's release date. They still list the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions for a November 4th release.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/simpleMultiSearch.do?searchUID=&pGroupID=0&adultFlag=false&simpleSearchString=sonic+generations&primaryID=0&btnSubmitSearch.x=0&btnSubmitSearch.y=0

ShopTo is also listing November 4th for the console versions.

http://www.shopto.net/XBOX%20360/VIDEO%20GAMES/XB2SO05-Sonic%20Generations.html

http://www.shopto.net/PS3/NEW%20RELEASES/PS3SO08-Sonic%20Generations.html

365games.co.uk lists the 3DS version for November 25th, while the date for the console versions is listed as TBC.

http://www.365games.co.uk/3ds-games/sonic-generations-game-3ds

http://www.365games.co.uk/ps3-games/sonic-generations

http://www.365games.co.uk/xbox-360-games/sonic-generations

The Game Collection reckons the game's out October 14th lol

http://www.thegamecollection.net/sonic-generations-xbox-360-p-4968.html

http://www.thegamecollection.net/sonic-generations-ps3-p-4969.html

It's really starting to look like the 3DS version may be released later than the console versions after all.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it is .. someone in Melb check out a JB Hi-Fi and report back!

EDIT : Just noticed the link to the games above takes you to a New Zealand site

Edited by Jix Hedgehog

Does anyone know if an Australian PS3 version will allow you to download and play DLC from the EU PSN?

Does anyone know if an Australian PS3 version will allow you to download and play DLC from the EU PSN?

If you're considering importing, the Collectors Edition will cost you £125, and that's not including P&P.

GameStop in the US is now listing the 3DS version, but unlike the console versions, they don't have a release date, and instead simply list it for December 31st. This too suggests the 3DS version is being released later.

http://www.gamestop....nic+generations

In other news, a strategy guide for the game has appeared for a November 1st release in the US, which is the day US retailers have the game's release down for:

http://www.walmart.c...ox-360/17132980

No details other than it only covers the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions and is made by BradyGames.

http://www.navarre.c...10/8087226.aspx

Edited by Shadzter