Awoo.

Release Dates and Release Editions Speculation

Blue Blood

I noticed the 3DS box isn't in the ad, so... 3DS version coming out later in the month confirmed?

I noticed the 3DS box isn't in the ad, so... 3DS version coming out later in the month confirmed?

h2usk.png

It is the advert just hidden :P but says "Coming Soon" under the 3DS Boxart....hmmm

Edited by Kazama
  • Thumbs Up 1

h2usk.png

It is the advert just hidden tongue.gif

Oh, thanks :) Well, the 'Coming Soon' pretty much confirms it then.

Seeing as the middle of November is gonna be gaming hell with all those BIG titles coming out, the start of the month makes sense and is the best time to release it.

Ah good. The same week as Uncharted 3.. ... thats great.

What will happen now is that the initial sales will be poor and then people will start up the zomigod sonic doesn't sell on HD consoles argument, then the whole "But they released it in the same week as..." counter will start only to once again fall on death ears.

• Thumbs Up 1

IGN US reportedly has an ad up now too, which confirms a November 1st release for the US.

http://www.sonicstad...-release-dates/

Can someone in the US see if the 3DS version is simply shown as 'Coming Soon' in the US ad, too?

Edited by Shadzter

So for us in Europe it's confirmed for 4th of November right? and for the US 1st right?

Also we have info that New Zealand has a Collector's and a Limited edition right? so that means Europe and NA will see the packages? or that depends of SoE and SoA?

Sorry for all these Q i wasn't around and i am really lost over here.

Oh and one last question if we order the collectors from AU then we'll be able to download DLC etc from the European PSN? or is it a different region and the game won't play the add-ons?

Again sorry all the Qs.

So for us in Europe it's confirmed for 4th of November right? and for the US 1st right?

Also we have info that New Zealand has a Collector's and a Limited edition right? so that means Europe and NA will see the packages? or that depends of SoE and SoA?

Sorry for all these Q i wasn't around and i am really lost over here.

Oh and one last question if we order the collectors from AU then we'll be able to download DLC etc from the European PSN? or is it a different region and the game won't play the add-ons?

Again sorry all the Qs.

1. Yep, Europe November 4th and US November 1st.

2. Those more expensive special editions are only listed on Spanish and Australian retailers right now. UK has a special edition, but it only contains the pre-order bonuses the US have. Australia also has an even more expensive collector's edition.

3. Australia is a PAL region like Europe, so EU DLC should work on an Australian game.

Edited by Shadzter

2. Those more expensive special editions are only listed on Spanish and Australian retailers right now. UK has a special edition, but it only contains the pre-order bonuses the US have. Australia also has an even more expensive collector's edition.

3. Australia is a PAL region like Europe, so EU DLC should work on an Australian game.

Which Spanish retailers have this 'other' special edition? only on Games spanish website, I can't even find Sonic Generations on there in any shape or form.

Which Spanish retailers have this 'other' special edition? only on Games spanish website, I can't even find Sonic Generations on there in any shape or form.

Edited by Blue Blood

Ah good. The same week as Uncharted 3.. ... thats great.

What will happen now is that the initial sales will be poor and then people will start up the zomigod sonic doesn't sell on HD consoles argument, then the whole "But they released it in the same week as..." counter will start only to once again fall on death ears.

3DS version coming out later than 360/PS3, eh? I'm not too fussed about that, I guess. I'm confident that version will still be out before the end of the year - it wouldn't be Sonic's 20th anniversary game if it wasn't, after all - so we're looking a late November/December release which suits me fine. Obviously I'll be hugely jealous of all you HD console owners getting to play a new Sonic game a few weeks before I can, but can't win 'em all I guess. I'd rather the 3DS version got as much polish as it can. Not that I ever thought it looked terrible to begin with, but more time and more work can't do any harm.

• Thumbs Up 1

Same. I've only seen it on Mighty Ape so far.

A limited edition was originally listed on Xrta Life (Spanish retailer) but they're since removed it. I think it might had had something to do with the fact they were using Tobii's fan-made boxart.

Same day as Uncharted huh? Looks like Sonic is really going to have to prove his metal this time around.

At least, if nothing else, Uncharted is a PS3 exclusive, so perhaps it won't be as big of a hit to Generations as we could imagine. I hope. I want SEGA to see a lot of success with Generations.

Talking about Day 1 sales, of course.

Edited by Mykonos

At least, if nothing else, Uncharted is a PS3 exclusive, so perhaps it won't be as big of a hit to Generations as we could imagine. I hope. I want SEGA to see a lot of success with Generations.

Well a lot of competition comes out that month, namely: CoD, Halo, and Mario.

Pretty sure that first week will be good for him, but he has to survive the Holiday season too.

I thought Sonic games always pick up slowly. I mean Sonic Colours didn't start very well but he managed near 3 millions and it's Wii exclusive.

I think Sonic Generations will have steady sales and i predict that in the UK top ten SG will get 7th place and above.

Well a lot of competition comes out that month, namely: CoD, Halo, and Mario Legend of Zelda.

Pretty sure that first week will be good for him, but he has to survive the Holiday season too.

You forgot to switch Legend of zelda for Mario. We all know LOZ will sell more than mario.

Edited by Eternal X

You forgot to switch Legend of zelda for Mario. We all know LOZ will sell more than mario.

lolno. Zelda is popular, Mario just moreso.

Bet money that Zelda will sell more than Mario. =P

Anyways.....Sonic. November 1st. Me picking it up midnight. Sounds like a plan. Is anyone else going to try and do the same?

It's going to destroy sales by the thousands.

Uncharted 3 is arguably the PS3's flagship title and potentially it looks set to be game of the year and even top Uncharted 2 in terms of how great it is. Even if your primary console isn't the PS3 but you own one, chances are you'd go for Uncharted 3.

Not to mention that Uncharted 3 has one hell of a collectors edition. It's going to sell and it's going to kick generations' sales like crazy.

The Xbox sales are also likely to suffer just down to the multi-format titles that are out in the week before/after.

Oh yes and another thing. There is no Collectors edition for Sonic Gen... well... there is. But right now it's just a DLC code and maybe some special regional collectors edition in New Zeland.

Bet money that Zelda will sell more than Mario. =P

Anyways.....Sonic. November 1st. Me picking it up midnight. Sounds like a plan. Is anyone else going to try and do the same?

We talking Mario Kart or Mario 3DSLand? The Wii's huge install base compared to the 3DS does give Zelda the advantage. But Mario is a MUCH better selling franchise then Zelda. FACT.

Anyway Sonic will do alright me thinks. This one has the classic and modern fans to draw from.