Awoo.

Release Dates and Release Editions Speculation

Blue Blood

Well that's interesting. I wonder if the US and UK will get anything more than what we already know about. (7in figurine please? With artbook, DLC and a special box)

So we've got to be looking at content that is extremely substancial to justify that price tag. If indeed this doesn't turn out to be one major error. Only we've not heard any new rumblings about merch and *gasp*...

*Eyes widen as he realises there is something coming we've not had announced yet*

If that item he recieved is what comes with the collectors edition. For it to be double the price of the normal version, it would have to at the very least a statue of some kind. I can't think of any other single item that it could possibly be.

Welp, now I'm excited!

Thinking out aloud here, but it'd be awesome for SonicMerchandise.com to launch with a special edition of Generations.

Edited by Blue Blood

Would be great if we got a true Collector's Edition, but at least if there wasn't one people wouldn't have to go to extreme lengths to get one.

Also, I picked up the Bioshock 2 Special Edition for £15 brand new about a year or so ago. Hardly played it yet, but loved the art book.

http://www.joystiq.c...l-ps2-and-drea/

Who remembers this from last year? Specifically this;

Sonic Anniversary
  • Could put out collectors edition with all old sonic games on one BD disc.
  • "Best of Sonic" for around $99.
  • SCEA would love PSN exclusive power ups/different game modes (like Castlevania's flip it over/backwards)

Could we be getting all of Generation's featured games on one bonus disc? Is it going to be a P3S3 exclusive?

*EDIT*: Also, for clarification, this CE may not be as "premium" as the price suggests. For a start I'm assuming it's $200 Australian dollars rather than American. Secondly, games in Aus/NZ are ridiculously overpriced anyway. Looking around the site, the standard RRP for a game is $109! That puts this CE more in line with something like Akham City's CE rather than Resistance 3's

Edited by Matriculated

They can have but PS3 ver. Can have this all games disc. Sony like exclusive stuff. Batman Arkham Asylum is example.

The Joker did end up as DLC for the 360 though. To give Sony a hard copy/physical exclusive that the rest of us could never get our hands on would seem harsh. =p

*EDIT*: Also, for clarification, this CE may not be as "premium" as the price suggests. For a start I'm assuming it's $200 Australian dollars rather than American. Secondly, games in Aus/NZ are ridiculously overpriced anyway. Looking around the site, the standard RRP for a game is $109! That puts this CE more in line with something like Akham City's CE rather than Resistance 3's

We've already been over this- it's NZD not AUD. You're best off comparing it to other it to other special editions. It costs about the same as the SFIV and Arkham City CE, which both include large figurines and various other extras. It would probably cost around 100USD. Of course, we currently just assuming. It's hard to judge the cost when you don't actually know the contents. I'm hoping for a figurine most (not action figure) and an awesome looking box. I went as far as getting four copies of Colours last year- one wii and one DS version from Argos (for the figures) and one wii and one DS Limited Edition from Belgium :P

Edited by Blue Blood

I got this "Coming Soon" book from Gamestation today. In the 3DS section, it had Sonic Generations but it's now coming out Nov. 25. Sorry for no scans but I don't have a scanner.

• Thumbs Up 1

We believe you, Ninjada :P Especially since it seems likely that Generations 3DS will be released later than the console version.

I got this "Coming Soon" book from Gamestation today. In the 3DS section, it had Sonic Generations but it's now coming out Nov. 25. Sorry for no scans but I don't have a scanner.

Thanks.

GAME's been listing the 3DS version for a November 25th release for about a month or so and the new official SEGA ad that gave the console version release dates away says 'Coming Soon' for the 3DS version. SEGA's website still has it down for a November release, so a November 25th release in Europe is very likely.

GAME Australia’s Amazing Sonic Quest and Sonic Generations Pre-Order Bonus

Sonic-Generations-Sonic-hat-GAME-Australia-pre-order-bonus-ad.jpg

Sonic-Generations-Sonic-hat-GAME-Australia-pre-order-bonus.jpg

Want something to keep your head warm this Winter? GAME Australia has revealed their pre-order bonus for Sonic Generations and it’s a Sonic hat. Judging by the pic of GAME Australia staffer Ed modelling the hat, it appears to be the same one the retailer gave away with Sonic Colours pre-orders last year, so many people may already have the hat. If you haven’t got one though, this is a good chance to get one for your merchandise collection.

If you’re interested, you can pre-order the game at the below links:

PS3: $88.00

Xbox 360: $88.00

Nintendo 3DS: $69.95

In other news, GAME Australia’s also been running a charity event called The Amazing Sonic Quest, in which staff member Ed is trying to collect games from Sonic’s 20 year history with the help of the public. If you have a game that Ed doesn’t already have on the list, then you can trade your copy for a $50 GAME Gift Voucher and a promotional copy of Sonic Generations when the game releases. Once Ed has all 45 Sonic titles, he will then auction them off with the proceeds going to charity.

For more information, head over to GAME Australia’s The Amazing Sonic Quest page.

Edited by Shadzter

e8b918bb9009119dab5b9dc3863c1497cb9457d1d1841f0b70bfc9a99ebff6aa6g.jpg

Well...Nov 4th (for Europe) is official. Nuff said.

Could you repost or send me this picture? I wanted to post it somewhere to show the release.

LoL, SUPER EPIC FAIL!!! and just imagine someone ordering it and getting it two weeks later.

Mindblown!

Wait Sega actually confirmed a release date for a MAIN sonic game? That hasn't happened since.....Sonic heroes? Ha for all you losers who did not believe me when I said November 1st was the day I'll be picking it up because Gamestop had it's street date for November 1st. EAT IT! November 1st come to Eternal.

Wait, but it doesn't have it's US rating, even though we all know it's going to be E. E for EXCELLENT!!biggrin.png

Edited by Eternal X
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wait, but it doesn't have it's US rating, even though we all know it's going to be E. E for EXCELLENT!!biggrin.png

I got this feeling that the game going to get an E-10+

I got this feeling that the game going to get an E-10+

I highly doubt that, but I wouldn't past them.

Wasn't it confirmed that it was E anyway?

Edited by Shadic93

I expect a same rating as Unleashed. What Unleashed got again? E+7?

or we actually have a confirmed rating?