Awoo.

Release Dates and Release Editions Speculation

Blue Blood

That's a shame...I would have liked the steelbook casing. I have already pre-ordered to collectors edition though, can't wait.

I'm happy. Never liked Steelbook cases.

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I need this game NOW!!

Its still 1st December for Japan. And less then 30 days to get OST for us :D If I have OST I can wait even month more.

Went to my amazon account and noticed my pre-order for Xbox CE now has the price at £76.80 so that's come down nicely.

Just some closure on the questioning a couple of pages back about amazon email updates, account updates etc. This may be old news by now but no-one seems to have mentioned it so there ya go. Price drop confirmed for Xbox360 CE pre-orders.

Edited by supersonikku
  • Thumbs Up 5

Mine is still at £85, they must still be working through all the orders. Good to know they're changing them though :D

Mine is still at £85, they must still be working through all the orders. Good to know they're changing them though biggrin.png

The must be. Both of mine have been reduced to £75+ first class P&P now as well.

BTW way, if you haven't been lucky enough to be able to order one from Amazon UK and you want to, keep checking back to the page very regularly. It appears that they know how much stock they're going to receive, and if anyone cancels their order it becomes available again. The page updates long before email/text alerts are sent.

No, you get the lenticular sleeve. The steelbook is an alternative for the Limited Edition in Australia.

The steelbook is confirmed for Spain too...

SEGA <3 Spain and Australia. All the special bonuses get released there, with the rest of Europe being next in line if they feel like it.

EDIT: Actually, aren't the Spanish and Australian steel books different?

Spanish:

078577.jpg

Australian:

Sonic-Generations-Limited-Edition-Steelbook.png

Edited by Blue Blood

SEGA <3 Spain and Australia. All the special bonuses get released there, with the rest of Europe being next in line if they feel like it.

you have special gifts at events in UK and America...I think it's a draw xD.

you have special gifts at events in UK and America...I think it's a draw xD.

I wasn't pitting the two against each other. The Europe/PAL regions are where Sonic is most popular, so SEGA does a lot more for him over here. Spain and Aus just seem to be extra lucky when it comes to bonuses.

Hmm, mine's still at £85 too. Hurry up and change it, Amazon. I want my CE for under £10, dammit. :lol:

Its still 1st December for Japan. And less then 30 days to get OST for us biggrin.png If I have OST I can wait even month more.

...When is the OST coming out and where can I place a pre-order?

Went to my amazon account and noticed my pre-order for Xbox CE now has the price at £76.80 so that's come down nicely.

Just some closure on the questioning a couple of pages back about amazon email updates, account updates etc. This may be old news by now but no-one seems to have mentioned it so there ya go. Price drop confirmed for Xbox360 CE pre-orders.

Mine dropped in price too...awesome.

I wasn't pitting the two against each other. The Europe/PAL regions are where Sonic is most popular, so SEGA does a lot more for him over here. Spain and Aus just seem to be extra lucky when it comes to bonuses.

Yeah, you're right xD.

The steelbook was confirmed at the GAMEFest Madrid that finished yesterday...it's a preorder bonus if you preorder the CE only in GAME stores...

Anyway, we have to wait because they always say something and then they never do it sad.png

Edited by Seraphinprincess

Hmm the day is friday.

So it might be true. Together with the Console version in Japan seems even more plausible.

Shopto.net now have both the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the Collectors edition on their site! biggrin.png

Xbox 360: http://www.shopto.net/XBOX%20360/VIDEO%20GAMES/XB2SO14-Sonic%20Generations%20Collectors%20Edition.html

Playstation 3: http://www.shopto.net/PS3/VIDEO%20GAMES/PS3SO14-Sonic%20Generations%20Collectors%20Edition.html

Honeslty, I had gave up hope on getting this version, I'm really pleased I've been able to grab one - and from the site I normally pre-order from too, weirdly enough tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I still haven't had my order discounted to £75. Has anyone else still got theirs at £85?

I hope mine hasn't messed up because I used the vouchers. Hopefully they're just taking a while to change them all. Might phone them up if it's not gone down in a few days.

Assuming it works like the American one, it may not go down in the pre-order, but you should still get a notice after it ships that you saved X amount of dollars [pounds] by preordering. The American site says they'll self-correct in 24 hours of the change, but sometimes my My Account prices go down, and sometimes they don't.

My preorder for (PS3) Generations is currently at $37, while the current price is $49. They'd BETTER not change that one.

Assuming it works like the American one, it may not go down in the pre-order, but you should still get a notice after it ships that you saved X amount of dollars [pounds] by preordering. The American site says they'll self-correct in 24 hours of the change, but sometimes my My Account prices go down, and sometimes they don't.

My preorder for (PS3) Generations is currently at $37, while the current price is $49. They'd BETTER not change that one.

You may have Pre order Guarantee, like mine is from amazon is £32.99, i pre ordered end of june (Plus £2.03 1st class postage) and its the same case with the other 2 games i have pre ordered, but either way, if the price goes up, Generations has now gone up to £34.99 so now my price stays as it was before, so now i'm paying £32.99 + £2.03 first class so thats £35.02 so now im getting the better bargain as to if someone pre orders now then thats £34.99 plus a £2.03 for first class £37.02

Only 30days 5 hours and 32 minutes ;)

I still haven't had my order discounted to £75. Has anyone else still got theirs at £85?

I hope mine hasn't messed up because I used the vouchers. Hopefully they're just taking a while to change them all. Might phone them up if it's not gone down in a few days.

Me neither, but the 360 version sold out before the PS3 version was reduced didn't it? I wonder if they'll bother making it the same price.

They have. My pre-order of the Xbox 360 version of the Collector's Edition dropped in price when the PS3 version did.

They have. My pre-order of the Xbox 360 version of the Collector's Edition dropped in price when the PS3 version did.

Oh right... I guess they haven't gotten around to updating everyone's yet.

Still absolutely no word on a North American special edition? It's like they hate money. :[

Still absolutely no word on a North American special edition? It's like they hate money. :[

There's absolutely no word on one because there's isn't one. You're going to have to import it.

• Thumbs Up 2

There's absolutely no word on one because there's isn't one. You're going to have to import it.

And this makes me sad. :(