Awoo.

Release Dates and Release Editions Speculation

Blue Blood

Eh, Standard is good enough for me, plus there are four other games i've pre ordered, but obv Generations is top of the list

Same here. I got Battlefield, Assassin's creed and sonic generations. I really don't need that collectors edition (sarcasm). I can always buy the jazware stuff. *runs in corner and starts crying*

Dumb question probably already answered before but I'm in a rush. US 360 won't be able to play the CE because of region locking, and a US PS3 would correct?

If so I may just bite the bullet and put more love into my PS3. It will take it's time getting here but if I don't buy now I'll never get one of those statues for a decent price. Unless one of you guys wants to snag and extra and ship the collectible goodies.

You'll be able to play it on your PS3 but you'll have to open and use a European PSN account to get the DLC.

• Thumbs Up 1

You'll be able to play it on your PS3 but you'll have to open and use a European PSN account to get the DLC.

Which would be easy because you can share dlc bought on one PSN account with up to 5 others on the account.

Awesome. I think that's what I'm going to do.

...who has them in stock anymore. D:

Edited by Tiller

Gareth from Grainger Games says in the TSS comments that they can't ship the Collector's Edition outside of the UK due to its high weight, and their website now has a warning saying it's due to that and its limited availability.

http://www.sonicstad...ectors-edition/

PS3

http://www.graingerg...t.asp?gg=PN1228

Xbox 360

http://www.graingerg...t.asp?gg=XT1225

Also, the price has now increased from £88.99 to £98.99 for some reason.

Gareth from Grainger Games says in the TSS comments that they can't ship the Collector's Edition outside of the UK due to its high weight, and their website now has a warning saying it's due to that and its limited availability.

http://www.sonicstad...ectors-edition/

PS3

http://www.graingerg...t.asp?gg=PN1228

Xbox 360

http://www.graingerg...t.asp?gg=XT1225

Also, the price has now increased from £88.99 to £98.99 for some reason.

Well damn I was just about to try and order that. I should have jumped on this sooner. Now I'm browsing European sites looking to see if any are willing to ship out of the country for a decent price.

Just watching the new episode of SentUAMessage on the UK's Inside Xbox on Xbox live and someone called Thomas Huckabay asks:

Are there any plans for the Sonic Generations Collector's Edition to be released in North America?

Just watching the new episode of SentUAMessage on the UK's Inside Xbox on Xbox live and someone called Thomas Huckabay asks:

They say:

Make of that what you will.

Hmmm. As close as we are to release I don't think any other area beside the UK and AU are getting the limited/collectors edition of the game. Unless sega pulls a last minute thing a week before release and advertises it. It would shock like every US & Canada fan alive. But I really don't see that happening.

And new entries added today in the Steam registry:

http://img209.images...ationssteam.jpg

This should remove any doubt of that there's going to be a PC version.

They say:

Make of that what you will.

This doesn't mean anything. They don't know much more than we do on where the CE will be released.

Edited by TimmiT

Can anyone who's had their Amazon 360 preorder reduced let me know exactly what the new RRP there is? I know it's around £75, but still.

Mine's still set at £85.52, if it doesn't go down soon I might contact them and ask about it.

Can anyone who's had their Amazon 360 preorder reduced let me know exactly what the new RRP there is? I know it's around £75, but still.

Mine's still set at £85.52, if it doesn't go down soon I might contact them and ask about it.

It dropped to £75.94.

I don't think the RRP changed, though.

This should remove any doubt of that there's going to be a PC version.

Don't jump to any conclusions yet. It may list it, but no one will actually know until November.

Don't jump to any conclusions yet. It may list it, but no one will actually know until November.

Actually, the pre-order version appearing in the Steam registry pretty much confirms it. Only PC and Mac games can appear on there. At the moment SEGA is being like Kevin Butler in this PS3 commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-k0k_jExhs

Edited by TimmiT

I don't blame Sega for still trying to conceal it's existence, if a PC version was announced right off the bat it would kill a good number of sales.

I don't blame Sega for still trying to conceal it's existence, if a PC version was announced right off the bat it would kill a good number of sales.

I'm thinking that SEGA is delaying the PC version on purpose...like how Ubisoft delay their Assassins Creed games for PC. Another point will be to just rake in more sales for the Console versions.

Edited by KrazyBean14

Pirates are inevitable and the stigma of a bad Sonic game is pretty much the expectation. The important thing is that there are plenty of people holding out for a PC version for a number of it's given advantages provided the game isn't a shit port. 60 FPS high resolution Hedgehog engine goodness? Hell to the yes. Plenty of comments I saw on various websites wanted to snag a PC version anyway. Most of the fanbase is on the consoles anyway so I don't see how it would be more damaging than if the game gets leaked for 360 or something.

Hell throw a TF2 promotion in with Valve on steam and then you can guarantee the entire player base buying it if just for the hats.

Edited by Tiller
  • Thumbs Up 1

Amazon is very confused about the 3DS version. Today I got an email saying it would be delivered on November 4th, while the list page (sonic generations, videogames) tags it for December 31, and the actual sales page for the game still says 'release date unknown, will email when announced'. rolleyes.gif

Edit: And now, 24 hours later, they've sent me an email saying 'the publisher' moved the date to 12/31/11. I think they've set up a spinny wheel with dates on it and are just giving it a turn every few days. laugh.png I wonder what the due date will be tomorrow?

Edited by Thrippa

Okay, just chatted with Amazon, apparently even though my order hasn't updated, I'll still be charged £75.94 for it... meaning that, including expedited delivery, I'll be getting it for £8.11. wink.png

I really should use that saving to buy another one to keep unopened. But I still probably won't. D:

Man I'm glad I preordered on Amazon when it was still avlaible. I bet it will be 300£ after relase.

0_0

Oh holy hell get those wonderful toys... er I mean case!

Anyone from Spain willing/able to order me one?