Awoo.

Release Dates and Release Editions Speculation

Blue Blood

about the 360 version?

Nowhere has it any more Your best bet is eBay. It was the most sought after version so they're selling for an awful lot.

Theres a 'new' version at Game right now. Buy a PS3... get Generations for only £25.

Or as I call it. Sonic Generations "£200" edition.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I wish we got that manual. So much better then our 2 page black/white text.

lol, at least we got a decent manual in Europe. Nothing particularly special like Japan, but pretty enough.

lol, at least we got a decent manual in Europe. Nothing particularly special like Japan, but pretty enough.

It is? I'm just wondering when SEGA Europe will actually use their Colour Printer! I bought Sonic Colours and there was no colour in the manual...very ironic laugh.png

It is? I'm just wondering when SEGA Europe will actually use their Colour Printer! I bought Sonic Colours and there was no colour in the manual...very ironic laugh.png

Pretty enough compared to the sorry excuse for a manual that the Americas got. Not to mention the CE and everything. :P

Pretty enough compared to the sorry excuse for a manual that the Americas got. Not to mention the CE and everything. tongue.png

True...very, very true laugh.png

• 2 weeks later...

So remember those amazing looking press kits that were going for around £250 in November? Which are now going for £90-£120 depending if the game is with them or not...

All I can say is... anyone who paid more than £60 for these things... got right royally ripped off.

The 3D viewer is amazing, why they havn't put those on general sale I don't know, same goes for the pin badge. But the dvd is the same DVD you get with the collectors edition of the game/thats also on youtube. The artbook/press notes are a bit... well.... the presentation is nice... but as a complete package? I'd struggle to find reason to pay anymore than £60 for it.

Also has anyone spotted an unboxing or any non publicity shots of the Japanese collectors edition yet? The one with the cube and towel?

• 4 weeks later...

As of today, the PS3 version of Generations is now at the new price of £20. This price drop is a permenant thing, so if you want to download it from the PSN, it now costs you the same as most stores will ask for a physicaly copy...

This is one of the few games on the PSN that doesn't cost more than it does in the shops.

What does the PAL manual for Generations look like? I have a sealed copy of the German version for the 360. Is it worth opening the case up to take a look? I'm not an anal retentive sealed game guy, but if its not worth looking at, I'll keep it sealed.

What does the PAL manual for Generations look like? I have a sealed copy of the German version for the 360. Is it worth opening the case up to take a look? I'm not an anal retentive sealed game guy, but if its not worth looking at, I'll keep it sealed.

It's a proper, full manual. All in black and white with no real interesting information, but it's more than the 'instruction leaflet' the US one comes with.

Man... why couldn't western territories get a cool manual like that? All I got was that lame 6 page "leaflet" manual...

I love how the japanese manual brings back the little black and white Sonic the Sketchhog style. Damn, wish the US and PAL manuals had that!

• Thumbs Up 1

I still can't find any detailed look/unboxing/photos of the Japanese collectors edition if anyone else knows of a place to see it.