Awoo.

Release Dates and Release Editions Speculation

Blue Blood

That's kinda an ugly boxart in Sega's standards so I believe it's a placeholder. It will most likely be the same as the home console boxarts.

Incorrect 20th Anniversary logo (the white BG is missing), empty background, cropped screenshot and the emblem doesn't even fit. It's a (poorly made) fan boxart. Also, according to SEGA's UK product page:

Sonic Generations™

available on

Nintendo 3DS™ - Late 2011

PlayStation®3 system - November, 2011

Xbox 360® - November, 2011

So according to Sega's tweeter Shinobi 3DS comes out November 11th.

That's one Friday down. If Sega and ST don't delay the game then these are the other possible dates:

4th, 18th and 25th.

I will take my shot and say 25th. :D

That's one Friday down. If Sega and ST don't delay the game then these are the other possible dates:

4th, 18th and 25th.

They could still release it on the 11th. Just because Shinobi's been delayed to that date, it doesn't mean Sonic Generations can't come out then. Besides, with the evidence we have so far, it's looking like the home console version is going to be released in the first half of November and the 3DS version later in the month.

4th, 18th and 25th.

Shadow and Rush, two Sonic games, both came out on Nov 15th in 2005. There's no reason why Shinobi and Generations can't be released on the same day, especially if it's only the console versions.

They could still release it on the 11th. Just because Shinobi's been delayed to that date, it doesn't mean Sonic Generations can't come out then. Besides, with the evidence we have so far, it's looking like the home console version is going to be released in the first half of November and the 3DS version later in the month.

I was thinking that they don't want to cut sales from Shinobi because of Sonic Generations being released the same date but it seems i was thinking too hard :lol:

Oh so we have evidence that SG will be released in the 1st half of November...so either 4th or 11th are the first dates that come in mind.

Well i hope it's 4th. :D

I was thinking that they don't want to cut sales from Shinobi because of Sonic Generations being released the same date but it seems i was thinking too hard :lol:

Oh so we have evidence that SG will be released in the 1st half of November...so either 4th or 11th are the first dates that come in mind.

Well i hope it's 4th. :D

US retailers currently have the console versions down for November 1st and aren't currently taking pre-orders for the 3DS version. UK retailers like GAME currently have the console versions down for November 4th and the 3DS version down for November 25th. SEGA's website has the console versions down for November and the 3DS version down for Late 2011.

So, yeah, it's looking like the console version may be released early November and the 3DS version later that month.

US retailers currently have the console versions down for November 1st and aren't currently taking pre-orders for the 3DS version. UK retailers like GAME currently have the console versions down for November 4th and the 3DS version down for November 25th. SEGA's website has the console versions down for November and the 3DS version down for Late 2011.

So, yeah, it's looking like the console version may be released early November and the 3DS version later that month.

I see, i see...thanks for the review Shadzter. Owe ya. ;)

They could, but it'd be suicide for them to release it on the same date and contend with Skyrim.

I'm not counting on them throwing out Sonic's big 20th Anniversary comeback on the same day the most hyped game of the year comes out. No one is going to bat an eye on that.

Oh for gods sake SEGA! Make up your minds about the release date already and stop changing it!

So, in other words... After December? Huh. That's... An awkward date. I mean, it's certainly going to be after Gears of War 3, Batman Arkham City, Skyrim, but it's still a funny-looking date. Meh, whatever. Anything to help SEGA get a bit more money and some extra development time to polish up the game. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

So, in other words... After December? Huh. That's... An awkward date. I mean, it's certainly going to be after Gears of War 3, Batman Arkham City, Skyrim, but it's still a funny-looking date. Meh, whatever. Anything to help SEGA get a bit more money and some extra development time to polish up the game. :P

I really don't know, they might change it again. I will be very happy if Sonic Generations doesn't come out this November cause the game doesn't have to go against U3, Skyrim, Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom, AC:Revelations, CoD, Saints Row 3, Halo anniversary, Need for speed run.

December on the other hand the only game i know it comes that month is FFXIII-2 Japan only.

I really don't know, they might change it again. I will be very happy if Sonic Generations doesn't come out this November cause the game doesn't have to go against U3, Skyrim, Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom, AC:Revelations, CoD, Saints Row 3, Halo anniversary, Need for speed run.

December on the other hand the only game i know it comes that month is FFXIII-2 Japan only.

Eek. That... Does sound bad, when you put it that way. I really hope that's the permanent date. I've yet to raise enough money for a 360. XD

Edited by Tatsumaki

:o Eh, what can i say...i trolled myself i think. :lol:

Cause i usually open the European portal. It seems i opened the US portal and i didn't notice.

Ha ha, don't worry about it. It would help if SEGA of America would keep the release dates updated. With every day they never tend to update from Late [insert year] until a full release date is announced, while the European counterparts will update to the month announced and then later the final full release date when that's announced. It's weird :wacko:

• Thumbs Up 1

Late 2011 means November-December anyway. They might as well just say Holiday, because that's what it means.

Thought I'd give people in the UK a bit of a heads up.

DarrenIndeed who works at my local gamestation (and runs a big Sega fansite whose name escapes me right now), told me today that Gamestation DEFINATELY has the pre-order DLC/Special edition as well as GAME.

So if you have bonus points there then it might be a decent alternative.

Thought I'd give people in the UK a bit of a heads up.

DarrenIndeed who works at my local gamestation (and runs a big Sega fansite whose name escapes me right now), told me today that Gamestation DEFINATELY has the pre-order DLC/Special edition as well as GAME.

So if you have bonus points there then it might be a decent alternative.

Yup, on the site too. And lookie here, Gameplay.co.uk has it too. They're listing the 360, Ps3 and 3DS versions for 11/11/11 and the PC version 10/10/11.

After December is 2012...

I wouldn't mind the game coming in December. It would give me more time to save up for it and alot of things are coming in November for me.

Holy crapoly! The PC version comes out 8 days before my birthday! I want this game for pc!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1