Awoo.

Things you liked about Secret Rings

Chaosmaster8753

1. The Music(Because I allways end up singing along)

2. The Party Minigames(when friends are over)

3. The DarkSpine Sonic Fight(Epic as hell)

4. Some of the Levels(Desert level,Dinosaur level,and Sky level)

Those are the things I like about Secret Rings everything else is either annoying or difficult.

I loved the music. I always found myself at least humming along to the various in-game songs or even the title screen music. I had mixed feelings about the on- rails gameplay because although it made certain sections of the levels so much more exciting and less frustrating, I hated when you were running down a hallway and you took a sharp right turn down another hallway. I did like the customization options for Sonic, even though I rarely used them unless it was some sort of speed boost at the beginning of the level or something.

Despite its faults Sonic and the Secret Rings is still one of my favorites. ^^;

"MAKE BELIEVE DE-FWAH! IT'S A MANLY DOOR!"

Seriously though, I never played it, and probably never will. I'll admit though, Let The Speed Mend It is catchy. ... Before the rapping starts. d:

I'd say Secret Rings is definitely the better of the two storybook games. While I wouldn't quite call it "good", it has quite a few redeeming qualities. The graphics, for its time, are pretty good. I really like the art style during the cut-scenes. And of course, it has some pretty catchy music. I've blasted "Let the Speed Mend It" in my car while driving many times. I also enjoy "Seven Rings in Hand" and "The Palace That Was Found" (WHO'S GONNA ROCK THE PLACE?! XD).

Nothing. This was one of the worst sonic games I've ever played. Hated everything about it.

satsr_shahra_1280.jpg

This is all that needs to be said folks.

Oh yeah. Right. Yeah I liked that too.

satsr_shahra_1280.jpg

This is all that needs to be said folks.

Yeah, you know. I always thought this type of humans would suite sonic's world alot better than the pixar style we got in sonic unleashed.

I agree about shahra. Sonic and the secret rings was my first Wii experience and I enjoyed it alot back then. I cannot bring myself to play it anymore though. As someone else allready said, I just can't take the onrails gameplay.

Edited by Jaouad

Yeah, you know. I always thought this type of humans would suite sonic's world alot better than the pixar style we got in sonic unleashed.

I don't know what SEGA is gonna use for the Artstyle of Humans when they do use them again. Fanbase seems kinda split on the Unleashed style Humans...

I like both styles, realistic and Unleash-ish. Then again, I liked Realistic Robotnik in 2006.

• 2 months later...

Music, Levels, Upgrade System, Storyboard Styled Cinematics, Dark Spine

There's nothing I disliked about Secret Rings, honestly. It's not god-tier either, but it's a good game, and definitely better than what Wii could have got instead (Sonic The [loading...]). The settings were interesting, the dialogues weren't bad, Erazor is a bad guy more serious than Eggman and less ridiculous than Mephiles, the power-ups can make you go REALLY fast, etc.

Only one thing irked me. The controls. They sucked. That was fixed in SatBK, but that game messed up what was good in the previous one anyway.

*let me just derp this out of existence.*

Edited by Jayhawker30
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Some things I really liked about the game were definitely the music (Let the speed mend it!) and the art style that was done in the cutscenes. I wasn't too big a fan of the whole..picture type cutscene thing where it was just kinda like a slideshow, but I know they did it for the mood of the storybook thing and I did really like the facial expressions are art styles that they did in those, so I'll give it that.

Not that big of fan of the gameplay to be honest, mostly because of how On-rails it is, and how much of a pain in the ass it was backtracking. Most of the missions are complete bullshit, and what makes it worse is that they're required to beat the game. Character customization is cool and all, but why not just give Sonic every ability he has from the start? If those flaws were fixed I'd have called it one of the best games in the series.

Though considering its the first game post-06, it things surprisingly well:

-This game along with the Adventure games, and Black Knight are my favorite Sonic stories of all, it just saddens me that the latter and this are often overlooked in favor of the former. But its still enjoyable. Unlike most new characters whom people hate, Shahra and Erazor were characterized pretty well, each of them had a sympathetic role and obviously had a relationship before the events of the game started, we later learn why Erazor's such a bastard, and how much a manipulative asshole he was by using Shahra. Shahra obviously had mixed feelings on the whole thing, she probably planned to only use Sonic and nothing else after Erazor got the rings, but obviously Sonic grew on her which led to the ending. All in all they were pretty likable(Not that anyone cares) ironic how the one-shot characters nowadays tend to be more developed and liked than the new recurring characters(Shadow, Rouge, Silver, Cream, and Blaze). Oh I forgot to mention, this is the game where Sonic's trademark attitude came back in full force; after being as interesting as cardboard for the past 3 years, it was refreshing to see him cracking jokes while still being an optimistic guy. Darkspine was badass, simply because it was a nice change from Super, especially considering he has a ,much more hands on approach about the bosses.

-Music is awesome, and I'm pissed that we won't see a Secret Rings stage in Generations. Unawakening Float is possibly one of the best pieces of music in the series as well as "Worth a chance".

Tis a shame we probably won't be getting a third storybook game, due to Black Knight bombing, but I guy can dream can he?

The flaw is that they make you play the same Seven Levels are bajillion times. And it takes too long to get him level-up to get him fast, at least have the Soul Gauge there!

If there were more Levels and just Reach to the Goal Missions and had him faster since the start, I'd would even consider it a "comeback" in 07.

Well, if that list of leaked games from a while ago is true, there could be another storybook game....

Edited by DarkLightDragon

I though it was an ok spinoff with an interesting take on onrails gameplay. The fact that you had to unlock good controls though was just bullshit, so were most of those unlockable abilities, including speed. All those tedious, pointless missions were juststupid though (don't hit the pots, don't collect rings, etc. WTF) had they made separate acts it would've been great. Music was ok, Jason Griffith had gotten much better, but what I liked most of all were level themes. Those had to be the best I've seen in a Sonic game. It had:

a desert with an arabian palace,

a prehistoric jungle with dinosaurs,

some fiery ruin building or whatever,

A FLOATING RUIN CARRIED ABOVE THE CLOUDS BY SOME GIANT STINGRAYS (?),

a stormy ocean with pirate ship ruins,

A king's underground tomb,

And a magnificent enormous night palace.

They all had their own level gimmick too. Had the game had traditional Sonic gameplay, 2D or 3D, it would have been amazing.

There were Dinosaurs. Oh god it had Dinosaurs. Why did it have to be a story book series, there were friggin Dinosaurs.

And Pirates. In the same game as Dinosaurs. Pirates and Dinosaurs man, Pirates and Dinosaurs.

Oh... also that final level before fighting Erazor Djinn. Oh my god there will never be a level as beautiful as that one. And the background music was pretty too.

Usually I am the first one bitch about Eggman not being the final boss, but when Eggman is not the one who is orchestrating the evil events, I am somehow okay with him not being the final boss. I was okay with it in Heroes, Shadow, and Secret Rings.

I'm sure there is much to be liked about this game that I am not thinking of, but the horrible style of gameplay ruined it for me.

I liked the levels, the bosses, and the ability to customize Sonic's moves and abilities.

I really do give SaTSR too much flak for it's portrayal of Sonic, the majority of the time when I think of SatSR I think "No way Sonic was way too tame and goofy, not cool."

But then I actually think about it, at least he's not a terrible ham 100% of the time like Sonic Heroes or ShadowTH, completely kissing the butt of the one-time character like in Sonic 06 or Sonic Unleashed (I still think he sucked up to Shahra,kinda), or making stupid jokes the entire time and making me want to tell him to 'shut up!' like in Sonic colours.

I liked the interaction between Sonic and Knuckles/Sinbad, Sonic starts of an argument by making a snarky comment and they butt heads and Tails/Ali Baba diffuses them, there should definitely be more interaction like this.

The environments were very pretty, especially Sand Oasis and Night Palace.

I found the fact that you were constantly moving and had to hold a button to make Sonic stop pretty awkward, but method of steering was interesting and new.

Edited by Mysterics

The music. Aside from Dinosaur Jungle, which made my ears bleed.

Other than that? Nothing, really. :/

Edited by T-Man