Awoo.

John Sullivan has died

Badnik Mechanic

_52316367_011818205-1.jpg

You probably have no idea who this man is. You probably wouldn't recognise him on the street. But chances are, if you live in the UK, you know of his work, chances are it's one of your favourite TV shows. He is a writer, he's been writing TV shows for decades and his last series (Rock & Chips) was due to be shown on the BBC in a few days time.

Which is why it's quite shocking to hear the news that John Sullivan has died.

If you still don't know who he is. John Sullivan is the creator of this TV show.

It really needs no explanation that one. If you're not from the UK you might not know of it, but to put in in perspective, if Doctor Who is the UK's best science fiction show, this is the UK best comedy show... ever.

He had been in intensive care for a few weeks suggering from viral pneumonia. No doubt the BBC will do a tribute to him in the near future. His work was so good, and it's still funny to this day despite some of his shows being decades old. In fact many comedy awards such as best comedy show, best scene, best line are normally awarded to shows that he's written.

And of course, one of my favourite episodes...

(I've kinda wanted to do something similar... only with a Sonic and Tails outfit XD)

Source.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vertekins

• Badnik Mechanic

• Swiss

• Doctor Sοnic

Wow, that is a shocker. Only Fools is one of the programmes ever created, I still watch it whenever it's on.

R.I.P John, you were an absolute bloody genius of comedy.

Oh no. Britain has truly lost a genius in comedy script writing :( May he RIP. Really, the man wrote some class acts, such as this piece of sheer hilarity;

I heard about this while I was out today. Very sad news, and again very unexpected (just days after Elisabeth Sladen as well).

He was without doubt one of the great British comedy writers.

Theres actually another new episode of the Only Fools and Horses prequel 'Rock and Chips' is scheduled to air on Thursday. I expect its the last piece of writing John did for television.

Rest in Peace John.

Very sad news indeed (and apologies for dragging such a tragic topic back to the fore).

May he rest in peace.

I realize this is several days old but I just wanted to say R.I.P to a true comedy legend, :( in my opinion his best work is up there with Galton and Simpson. (Steptoe and Son and Tony Hancock) Isn't it strange how Elizabeth Sladen dies less than a week before new Doctor Who episodes start airing and John Sullivan has died about with about a week until Rock and Chips (OFAH prequel) is going to be broadcast, not to mention they were both about the same age, strange isnt it?

This is very sad. Not only is this just days after Elizabeth Sladen's death, but he died on my birthday too. <=( RIP Sullivan. Only Fools and Horses is one of the best sitcoms ever. My favourite episode is the one where they go to Spain and Rodder's is in the Groovy Gang.