Awoo.

How would you feel about a StC continuation?

Harvest_Jam ♥

Sonic the Comic, the Fleetway comic from the UK. Arguably their main contribution to the Sonic universe.

It's a rather obscure series, despite the fact how big the UK is and how popular it was. It hasn't even had archives yet, though that may be due to licensing problems or whatnot.

We have the unofficial-official fan-comic that is StC Online but, hypothetically, how would you feel if they began a new continuation? Would the series be able to handle its differences from the games without changing too much?

The Adventure arc was pretty sloppy honesty, but a lot of it has to do with time constraints and executive meddling. It still had errors, and the ending was abrupt, but it's still considered a great arc. Most fans don't have problems with the design changes, but I find Sonic's green eye retcon to be unnecessary (especially since they retconned him into always having green eyes).

StC-O is doing a good job mixing the Fleetway-verse and gameverse together. An official comic would have no problem either.

I'm not entirely sure.

On one hand, Robotnik was fucking extreme (this version being my favourite alongside Archie Eggman), and some of the concepts and ideas were interesting to me.

But on the other hand... you have things like Evil Super Sonic (never liked him), questionable designs, the Brown Sonic/Kintobor origins and Sonic himself being a total dick.

So I'm not that bothered.

It's been too long since it was gone, it wouldn't work anymore without starting from scratch and that's just as bad an idea.

questionable designs, the Brown Sonic/Kintobor origins and Sonic himself being a total dick.

Well those things were actually Segas ideas.

But as for if it should come back... as much as I'd like it to, it's been far too long since it stopped, nearly a decade ago, to just continue it on would be insane.

Edited by Hogfather

STC!Sonic was a nice departure from the typical happy Sonic. He had good character development too, so it's not like he was just a jerk.

What's questionable about the designs? Knuckles has blue eyes, Knuckles has a silver collar, almost everyone else has brown eyes, and.. That's really it in terms of departure. The OCs look a lot better then the Archie ones.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've read a few STC issues as well as STC-O and I'd just be happy with some american collection's but if they were to continue with a new printed run I think they should keep the STC-O stuff as Canon, Also offer subscription to americans.

well to be honest I could see 2 things

1) Start a whole new series from scratch.

or

2) Do a STAR TREK (2009) on it new timeline etc I think thats the only way.

I'd rather have a comic done as rumours were circulating that Lew Stringer wanted to do. A new comic, based on the Adventure series and on Sonic the Comic concepts.

I imagine Sonic and co living on Emerald Coast or something, near Station Square; Tekno and Shorty already part of the group; humans being part of Mobius; and Robotnik having a more Eggman design and name, but still being evil and helped by Grimer.

Well, the potential audience for old StC continuity now is almost exclusively older teens/adults, a new British comic would have to do some serious rebooting.

Related to that, StC-O is also geared that way, it'd be a little uncomfortable for kids and younger teens to face things like this;

"Your favorute hero, the one who's in the title...has been exiled by everyone on Mobius for being a jerk LOL."

"Woo Tekno's gone to la-la land and tried to murder someone in the process!"

"Timm to piss out the Omniviewer (The fuck?)!"

have there been rumours that a new one was being created? the lew stringer one i mean?????

Rumours were that around the time the comic went into reprints, Stringer submitted the idea for a reboot styled after the Adventure games, titled "Sonic Adventures", and it was not accepted. These were just rumours, though; I personally mailed him to ask, and he says he never did such a thing.

Still, it unleashed my imagination on how it would look.

Thanks The KKM ive been re-reading the comics recently, I miss them so much, Id really love it if Egmont made a new rebooted version of it. But make it a more serious take on it.

But make it a more serious take on it.

It is quite serious to start with.

Also I have to wonder, when people say they want it back, what about the non Sonic stuff, SOR, Golden Axe, Decap Attack etc, they all made up STC's identity.

Decap Attack was a classic. They should do more than bring it back, they should do a sequel with Nigel Kitching writing and doing art design for it.

From other games, maybe with the re-release of Streets of Rage we could see the strip again, quite liked them.

Other strips however can go burn.

Especially Wonder Boy.

Edited by The KKM

Also, get Grant Morrison to write Jet Set Radio and Space Channel 5. (have them set on the same universe for extra points)

Related to that, StC-O is also geared that way, it'd be a little uncomfortable for kids and younger teens to face things like this;

Well it is aimed more at teens. Plus, it's only hard if your kids have been censored their entire life most kids I know have little problem with such material. You see the same sort of stuff in a lot of Eastern series aimed at elementary - teen aged kids.

I stopped following STC-O, it just stopped 'grabbing' me. I'm currently working on a video retrospective of the entire run of the original comics, but with Archie seemingly doing a reboot with their Genesis line and the 20th anniversary coming up, perhaps a reboot in a UK Sonic title would also be in order?

Personally, I'd only be interested if Nigel Kitching and Richard Elson were at the helm. I always found the combination of Kitching's writing and Elson's art to be fantastic and the highlight of the comic.

I reckon it would be a bit bizarre for them to just randomly start selling StC after nearly 10 years, and to be honest, the StC universe was always my least favourite in the whole Sonic fandom, so I wouldn't be too excited if it happened. Personally, I would prefer it if they started an all new Sonic comic, or started selling the Archie comics in the UK (in a more easily located store than Forbidden Planet).