Awoo.

Metacritic Score Estimation

KrazyBean

I know it's terribly early to start a topic like this, but it's fun if you turn it into a game of sorts...guess what Metacritic score Sonic Generations will get and win a cookie :)

My guess: 89/100

A cookie? Yaaaaaaaay!

I think the Metacritic score will be like 90/100 or more. This game deserves it.

Edited by SupersilverTH

If everything works out just like it's going right now? Maybe we will finally get the first Sonic in a while that hits 90/100 or more.

If the reviewers find one thing to nag about (like they usually do)? Probably around the late 70s or early 80s / 100.

I'm sort of expecting a 79/100.

I hope this game doesn't turn out like Sonic Colours...I mean the fact that it got a score of about 90/100 at first then BAM! It declined faster than Modern Sonic with a Temporary speed boost power-up.

I hope this game doesn't turn out like Sonic Colours...I mean the fact that it got a score of about 90/100 at first then BAM! It declined faster than Modern Sonic with a Temporary speed boost power-up.

I don't know why but I think that's exactly how it's going to play out.

Maybe we'll luck out this time and both Sterling, and Goldstein won't end up reviewing the game. :lol:

This is what I'm expecting too, although I would really prefer 80/100. 90 is kind of pushing it guys. :/

73/100.

Most people are only going to enjoy playing half the game, which half depends on their personal preferences. This will whack the score right down.

• Thumbs Up 2

73/100.

Most people are only going to enjoy playing half the game, which half depends on their personal preferences. This will whack the score right down.

So true...looks like we have another Sonic Unleashed situation on our hands (except the fact that both play styles are GOOD)

• Thumbs Up 2

73/100.

Pretty much this. Although they can't exactly complain that either gameplay is not Sonic, because both gameplay clearly is Sonic gameplay.

If you get to choose to play as either one or the other, it could boost the score, because you can play as your preference.

I would hope for an 80 to 85/100. Colors almost got to an 80 but some things got in the way. :/

Edited by Torcano

I hope it gets something around an 85/100 but I got a bad feeling that it's going to get something like a 75/100 or 70/100 or even a 65/100.

Edited by CanofEpicSauce

I'm going to bet that there is going to be an option to play as other characters (even if's just a skin/model swap a la Sonic Rivals), and some hip guy at the internet is going to complain about such an option being there, just because "sonic's shitty friends".

I can't really predict anything else, but I agree with that 79/100 prediction.

This. Reviewers will find something way to complain about.

I HOPE this game gets over 85%. But this is a Sonic game. No matter how good it is, it simply won't.

It's a bit early to judge but I'm thinking we'll get something like 80/100. Score could be bumped up if the M.Sonic levels are fleshed out a bit more. Most common complaint does seem to be that the environment looks huge yet we're restricted to a few narrow corridors.

I hope it gets something around an 85/100 but I got a bad feeling that it's going to get something like a 75/100 or 70/100 or even a 65/100.

65/100? Hmm, that's a bit steep if you ask me...but unfortunately it's possible.

I'm betting that the majority of critics will adore the classic Sonic 2D gameplay but bash on the modern Sonic gameplay.

I'm betting that the majority of critics will adore the classic Sonic 2D gameplay but bash on the modern Sonic gameplay.

And that's what will confuse me because those reviewers were probably the same ones who said "Unleashed day stages are awesome".

• Thumbs Up 2

It's either mid-60s or high 70's. If people could nitpick Colors to the 70's, they'll find a way to bring down Generations. And I bet my arm it'll be cause of Modern Sonic. Justified or not.

Early/late 60's to early 70's. There are going to be biased people or people who will just say crap that isn't true. So yeah, early 70's at most, because you know that there will be people who will bash the game because it's "cool" to bash Sonic. That's just how I feel it will be. I think the game will deserve an 80 at least from what we have seen, though it's way too early to tell, but, yeah.

• Thumbs Up 2

This will be probably higher than Colors, and that was in the high 70's if I remember correctly. This should get an 80 or higher.

Edited by Dissident

I'm guessing a 80/100. Like everyone said, critics will find something to bitch about. Something that will be enough to hold it back from beating any FPS games this year. "M. Sonic runs weird". Or Worst "A sonic game with no multiplayer? Screw this" Or even "Where is tails" (assuming he does not show up).

• Thumbs Up 2