Awoo.

Metacritic Score Estimation

KrazyBean

I'm betting that the majority of critics will adore the classic Sonic 2D gameplay but bash on the modern Sonic gameplay.

Well 2D Sonic games do usually go over better with the critics.

I'm thinking a little higher then Colors. I mean, this game has Classic Sonic in it, critics are going to love that really.

SEGA should make Classic and Modern Sonic Levels seperate, instead of alternating, it easily would gain better scores for that.

meh well see...this can go either way really...I need more gameplay footage to make a good estimate.

An 85 sounds possible with Classic Sonic alone. (critics are suckers for 2D sonic afterall. Classic Sonic especially).

75-79/100. The daytime gameplay isn't exactly universally liked (even though I freaking love them :D)

Same here, ever since I saw Sonic Generations gameplay, it gave me a vibe to play Unleashed again :lol:

75-79/100. The daytime gameplay isn't exactly universally liked

Well we will see. Main complaint was the Trail&Error aspect. If they do away with it, the critics won't care if it's all speed-based, they do love Rush which got an 80 Metascore.

Well 2D Sonic games do usually go over better with the critics.

Yeah, that's why it wouldn't surpise me if they liked the 2D gameplay more. I think Sonic 4 and Colors DS has a higher score over at metacritic then Colors Wii last year (atleast the last time I've checked it did - I'm not sure what the scores is now).

Honestly, I hope it somehow manages to get to the 90s and stay there, just so that we can finally say there's a widely critically acclaimed Sonic game (even Colors' 78 has been condemned by some gamers who think that games HAVE to be over an 80 on Metacritic to matter). However, that's not being realistic.

I'm gonna be blunt, the score could be anywhere from the 40s to the 80s. I don't think it'll be lower or higher than those, respectively. This is my realistic assumption, of course, based on how the media have been regarding Sonic the Hedgehog games.

Edited by Shade Vortex

I'm guessing around an 80, give or take a few points. Based on previous reviews, most critics seem to like both classic AND modern Sonic (Unleashed/Colors) gameplay.

(even Colors' 78 has been condemned by some gamers who think that games HAVE to be over an 80 on Metacritic to matter).

Funnily enough, Colors probably would have an 80 on Metacritic (haven't actually done the math, though) if it weren't for Sterling's overly negative review. Seriously, that made a pretty big impact on the Metascore and it took quite a while for it to even get back up to 78.

• Thumbs Up 2

The difference between a 78 to an 80 is not really important. A 78 is closer to an 80 than a 75 and Colors is the only modern 3D Sonic game with a generally favorable reviews ranking.

Well whatever happens, it has to beat this in review scores:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/super-mario-all-stars-25th-anniversary-edition

Honestly if Generations gets less than this lazy ass attempt of an anniversary game I swear the system is broke...

I don't think it'll have trouble beating that game with a higher score...one thing is for sure, Destructoid is gonna bash this game severely, their Metacritic score for Colours was 45/100, saying it's the same crappy Sonic game that SEGA manages to dish out over the years (f'ing bastards, they just plain HATE Sonic, I swear)! <_<

Yeah, Destructoid sucks ass. =/

I think Sonic Generations will get around the same score on Metacritic as Colours, maybe higher than that. I'm guessing around 85. >>

Edited by Gabz Girl

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/super-mario-all-stars-25th-anniversary-edition

Honestly if Generations gets less than this lazy ass attempt of an anniversary game I swear the system is broke...

Could this be a sign...the decline of Mario!!! THE RISEEEEE OF SONIC!!!! WE!!! SHALL!!! PREVIAAAAAAL- *shot*

Really though this a great opportunity for Sonic to 1-UP Mario in the same year. Sonic Team go FULL steam with your anniversary game...people will notice...:P

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh, that Mario All Stars...someone gave it a 0? wow, it's the first time I see that happen.

I expect 80/100

If the game continues to please fans with a nice amount of nostalgic throwback levels, good story, fluid gameplay, nice twists, and nothing too over the top (some super evil final boss monster thing). Sonic Generations may most likely get a score of anything above an 81/100.

If the game continues to please fans with a nice amount of nostalgic throwback levels, good story, fluid gameplay, nice twists, and nothing too over the top (some super evil final boss monster thing). Sonic Generations may most likely get a score of anything above an 81/100.

If that cliche final monster boss happens instead of Robotnik and Eggman being the final bosses...I'll snap. The story should be enjoyable, if the Colours writers step up their game (since it's a different target audience this time, they have to). I think SEGA have learnt that 'simpler is better', we do NOT want another Sonic 06...oh God no.

If that cliche final monster boss happens instead of Robotnik and Eggman being the final bosses...I'll snap. The story should be enjoyable, if the Colours writers step up their game (since it's a different target audience this time, they have to). I think SEGA have learnt that 'simpler is better', we do NOT want another Sonic 06...oh God no.

I agree with this completely besides the "simpler is better".

Lets not turn this to a simple go get this and defeat that kind of game. Just sayin'

Oh wow. I never even bothered to check it's metascore since I already have All-Stars, but damn 70?

Even each version of Sonic 4 episode 1 beat out the score of Mario's Anniversary game. :blink:

Edited by Balding Spider