Awoo.

If it were up to you, what color would you have the eyes of the characters?

Harvest_Jam ♥

I don't want to ruin the party or anything, but, if I never read the Sonic Comic series (since it was a plot element there) I would never have even noticed that Sonic's eyes changed green. 

I also didn't even notice that the other characters had an eye colour change or that Sonic had his modern design in the Sonic 4 trailer.

I really never understood the obsession with the eye colour? Is it an artistic point or whatnot?

Ahh, I guess it is just fun to talk about. But yeah, it is an artistic thing too. For example, another thing that artists color coding for is hair. In anime, usually the main hero has blonde hair and blue eyes, and the short tempered person has red or orange hair, and the easy-going, cool character has blue hair. Eye color also affects how people see the character. a person deep in thought may have deep blue or purple eyes. A fun loving , lucky and energetic person would have green, and so on.

Edited by knucklesgirl

• 3 weeks later...

I could not imagine black eyes with modern sonic, they suited classic & green eyes go with modern sonic, still sonic looks cute no matter what colour his eyes are.smile.png smile.png smile.png smile.png smile.png smile.png smile.png SONIC YOU ARE CUTEwub.png

• 3 weeks later...

Ahh, I guess it is just fun to talk about. But yeah, it is an artistic thing too. For example, another thing that artists color coding for is hair. In anime, usually the main hero has blonde hair and blue eyes, and the short tempered person has red or orange hair, and the easy-going, cool character has blue hair. Eye color also affects how people see the character. a person deep in thought may have deep blue or purple eyes. A fun loving , lucky and energetic person would have green, and so on.

That's roughly what Dreamworks use too for their animation processes, they also use golden eyes for heroism and self-worth. These colour code theories are often found in animation.

Clearly it does matter, because if it didn't you wouldn't have expended the energy necessary to post spam from Youtube in such an eye-roll worthy manner. Don't do this again, and to help you out with that:

Either contribute to the topic or don't post at all in it. Spam posts decrying the subject matter from this point forward earn a strike. I am genuinely tired of seeing the topic reported for this bullshit.

• Thumbs Up 2

Clearly it does matter, because if it didn't you wouldn't have expended the energy necessary to post spam from Youtube in such an eye-roll worthy manner. Don't do this again, and to help you out with that:

Either contribute to the topic or don't post at all in it. Spam posts decrying the subject matter from this point forward earn a strike. I am genuinely tired of seeing the topic reported for this bullshit.

Well would it make you happy if I said: "It doesn't really matter what the eyes look like to me"?

Edited by SonicDude

Well would it make you happy if I said: "It doesn't really matter what the eyes look like to me"?

That's not really contributing to the topic either, the point on the topic is to either assist with the topic or to give your answer to the topic question, or both. Saying that isn't doing either.

That's not really contributing to the topic either, the point on the topic is to either assist with the topic or to give your answer to the topic question, or both. Saying that isn't doing either.

Well it's not like I'm the only one who's said they don't care about the eyes of the characters in this same topic, but I'll just leave now.

If you read the thread enough to notice others had said it, why did you miss the same others also being told to stop?

• Thumbs Up 1

If you read the thread enough to notice others had said it, why did you miss the same others also being told to stop?

You made your point. You can stop now.

• 5 weeks later...

Recently, I've discovered something quite interesting in my view so I believe this topic kinda deserves a bump.

Now, let's take a look at Amy's eye colour.

Amy_Rose_Advance3.png

It's a lime green, very similar to Sonic's. I... thought it could be a little more unique, so I experimented with a lineart of Amy's victory pose from Heroes, and I ended up with this...

221fc285850c4268dad99d72da03e7f3.png

These emerald green eyes in my view match very well with Amy's cheerful, peaceful and determined personality, especially when combined with this 'yo double peace dude' pose. If SEGA ever considers changing eye colours again, I hope they go with this for Amy.

Edited by Super Spindash

Eh, Amy has green eyes for the same reason Sonic does, probably; they're very energetic. That green borders on being too muted. 

Personally, I'd give Amy blue eyes.

[opens Paint.NET]

Hm...

suvhy2W.jpg

I think the main reason Tails was given blue eyes was due to the fact he was maturing in SA1, learning how to defend himself, brave yet nervous... I'm not quite sure if that flows with Amy though...

While she is aimed to be 'cute' and everything (and dare I say she actually is kinda cute) I think the green eyes represent the hyperactivity, peaceful and cheery mood a lot more, heh. I thought a darker shade would work to contrast with her bright fur is all.

While she is aimed to be 'cute' and everything (and dare I say she actually is kinda cute) I think the green eyes represent the hyperactivity, peaceful and cheery mood a lot more, heh. I thought a darker shade would work to contrast with her bright fur is all.

I'm sure eye color does have some significance when it comes to people with certain eye colors in the series, but it could also just be as simple as, we wanted him or her in that color and we did it. Who knows.

When it comes to Amy, I do agree that having a brighter color does tend to sit better with her. The bright green just seems more natural than a more nuetral color like blue. When you look at Knuckles and his purple eyes, they are slightly darker but still bright, which is i a way how he is. Knuckles is a bit of a downer sometimes and rather moody, but there is a brightness to him that can come out at the right time.