Awoo.

SEGA's 2012 Plans?

gallantventurer

I am speculating that sonic generations is going to be ported to Wii2 in 2012 while Sonic Colors will be ported to 360/PS3.

Since sonic team's head takashi iizuka claimed that sonic colors is one of the best sonic games ever,

it would not be an exception of porting it.

What do you think SEGA is planing for 2012, also do you want Colors to be ported to 360/PS3?

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 7

SEGA already confirmed on their twitter account that there's no plans for a Colors port on 360/PS3.

Who've made that rumor that if Colors sells really good that it'll get ported to the HD consoles, anyway?

Edited by sonfan1984

Sonic Colors was meant to be for the Wii, while Sonic Generations was developed to be the big HD title solely taking advantage of the HD consoles. I'm guessing Sonic Colors was made to sate the Wii-owners after this decision was made, nothing more.

Anyhow, I really think SEGA should take it kinda slow in 2012. All I wanna see are Sonic 4: Episode 3 (Episode 2 has gotta come out this year) and perhaps a sequel to Colors, since at the end it was hinted Eggman had a revenge scheme plotted out, and the storybook series was probably killed off in SEGA's attempt to "rebrand" Sonic. Plus, it wouldn't be too hard to develop for them, given that they could just reuse the first game's engine, and it would also please the Wii owners crying oh-so loudly that Sonic Generations is HD exclusive.

Edited by EXshad

Colors was a Wii game because the team that developed it had the most experience working with the Wii exclusive games (Secret Rings / Black Night). Generations is a PS360 title because the squad working with it has the most experience with HD consoles (Unleashed).

It doesn’t have to have any justification. The squads simply are working with what they know. I personally would hope that ST is busy working on the next title rather than tinkering with ports in early 2012.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

I'd rather have SEGA give sonic a year off if you ask me.

I know SEGA is slowly gaining back our trust with great games like colors, but it just seems like there walking on a thin line here and >>>ANYTHING<<< they do that is slightly remotely new will set us off into unbridled joy or unprovoked rage. hell they gotta stick with the same Sonic only + unleashed game style + performance tweaking + gimmick strategy just to not make us go into rage mode. Maybe i would like to see tails and knuckles be playable again huh guys?...

Taking a year off would really help. it would give them ideas and suggestions based on fan input, let them look around to what fans will think of generations and maybe what to do next for the unleashed game engine, and overall to give everybody a damned break from the Dev teams to the fans who think sonic games are becoming the new "call of duty" with their 1-1 1/2 year Dev cycles.

I wouldn't mind playing generations for a year. would you guys honestly mind if it meant SONIC TEAM and SEGA could give themselves a break to gather their thoughts? Or do we really need the "every year, new sonic game" grind to please ourselves?

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 7

I'd rather have SEGA give sonic a year off if you ask me.

I know SEGA is slowly gaining back our trust with great games like colors, but it just seems like there walking on a thin line here and >>>ANYTHING<<< they do that is slightly remotely new will set us off into unbridled joy or unprovoked rage. hell they gotta stick with the same Sonic only + unleashed game style + performance tweaking + gimmick strategy just to not make us go into rage mode. Maybe i would like to see tails and knuckles be playable again huh guys?...

Taking a year off would really help. it would give them ideas and suggestions based on fan input, let them look around to what fans will think of generations and maybe what to do next for the unleashed game engine, and overall to give everybody a damned break from the Dev teams to the fans who think sonic games are becoming the new "call of duty" with their 1-1 1/2 year Dev cycles.

I wouldn't mind playing generations for a year. would you guys honestly mind if it meant SONIC TEAM and SEGA could give themselves a break to gather their thoughts? Or do we really need the "every year, new sonic game" grind to please ourselves?

If I didn't hate humans right now I'd +1 you right now. This is the perfect plan for Sega. If not take the year, just release some small but money making like Sonic4 ep 2 or 3 (depending on what they do this year).

Anyways it's waaay to early to even question or think about what Sega is doing or thinking about for 2012. Hell we could all die next year. Just let them have a year off or deal with a small title.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe i would like to see tails and knuckles be playable again huh guys?...

Kinda ignoring the looming probability of at least 1 of the two coming back in Episode 2. At the very least, after Unleashed it seems Sega is starting to make the slow grind back to including multiple characters again. Colors "re-introduced" Tails back into a prominent story position and Episode 2 & 3 are almost guaranteed to include some playable extras.

The Sonic-Only dam has has few cracks in it already. Its only a matter of time before the main games take a sledgehammer to whats left.

There will probably no mainstream plans for Sonic the Hedgehog's corner in SEGA. Probably won't be for about three years. Maybe four max.

Edited by Sonowske
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

SEGA probably working already on an other Sonic game.

They did it with generations. They are working on it since 2008 and we didn't notice it until "now".

A company is always working on a franchise that is the most profitable.

I gues they have alot of plans 2012. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

• 4 weeks later...

SEGA should really take a break like goku here said.

Heck, I think I'd be happy playing Generations for two years if they get consistent with tons and tons of DLC.

• Thumbs Up 1

Episode 3 and Generations DLC I'd say are probably about all that's on the plate for 2012.

I wouldn't be surprised though if 2013 brought Colors 2 to Cafe.

S4:ep.3 and a spinoff/port for the 3DS/NGP are the only things I'm sure of for now.

Well, as far as 2012 games go we know that M&S 2012 will actually be released in 2012 for the 3DS.

• 1 month later...

How about HD remakes of the Mega Drive main series games? I'm in love with Sonic 2 HD & can't wait to play when it eventually gets finished, but I'd love for SEGA to do it themselves just so that I can play it on a console & not a PC.

However I expect we'll just be getting Episode 2 & Colours 2.

• 1 month later...

How about HD remakes of the Mega Drive main series games? I'm in love with Sonic 2 HD & can't wait to play when it eventually gets finished, but I'd love for SEGA to do it themselves just so that I can play it on a console & not a PC....

Darn it! Just shut up about remakes of Mega Drive games... I've heard WAY to many people say this, and truth is...

nobody cares...!

But if nobody cares why did they made Sonic 4 and Generations?

• Thumbs Up 2

But if nobody cares why did they made Sonic 4 and Generations?

I don't think anybody really asked for Sonic 4 and Generations to be remakes and rehashes of older games.

Also, no more remakes please.

• 2 weeks later...

My predictions for 2012:

-Relase of PSVita Sonic title since 3DS will get its game this year.

-Sonic 4 ep. 2 obviously

-Port of SA2 to PSN and XBLA with possible option to play in both Vita and PS3 and ability to transfer saves (There would be nothing more satisfating than get 180th emblem in plane and shouting "FU** YEAH BITCHES!!!")

And maybe rumor/annoucment of new main title on WiiU, PS3 and X360.

Predictions:

~Sonic 4:Episode 2 obviously.

~SA2 port and Sonic3&Knuckles port for PSN.

~Sonic Wii U exclusive title...Sonic Colours 2? or another Storybook game.

~PSvita exclusive Sonic or Vita & 3DS game.

I expect some announcements of what we heard from the SEGA Mexico guy, so Storybook 3 and another SEGA Super/All Stars game. Both are likely enough. Now, I just wonder if Storybook 3 will be one of the last Wii games or one of the first Wii U games.

I expect some announcements of what we heard from the SEGA Mexico guy, so Storybook 3 and another SEGA Super/All Stars game. Both are likely enough. Now, I just wonder if Storybook 3 will be one of the last Wii games or one of the first Wii U games.