Awoo.

Osama Bin Laden has officially been killed

Kevin

Place your bets....

How long before Zipper (MAG/Socom), EA (Medal of Honor), Activision (Black Ops)... Announce a double/tripple XP event in responce to the news?

As much as everyone is "AMERICA FUCK YEAH"-ing, there's absolutely no way that this will end terrorism or conflict in the middle east. If anything, it might actually make him a martyr to some.

But that's not to say that this isn't a huge emotional victory for loads of people, including me.

wooooooooooooooo512011-1.gif?t=1304307308

Wait he actually kicked a door down? BADASS!

• Thumbs Up 2

All I can say is, I hope this makes the Americans feel proud. I mean, this doesn't equal the death of terrorism, but at least some people can feel good knowing he's dead.

And this DOES deal a huge blow to Al Qaeda, which is awesome.

What is this, I don't even...

Really, Fox News? Really?! :huh:

Spell-checking must be a liberal thing. XD

LOL guess it is... XD

Ahahaha whew... anyway now that thats out of my system those who died may rest in peace. Justice is justice no matter how/when its served.

Just so everybody knows...

A US marine has aparently taken a picture of Osamas body and leaked it out on twitted of all places.

The picture was taken on a phone of an image on a computer screen. Several Pakistan news agencies are claiming they have other pics and the BBC also claim that they have the pictures. But they are not currently showing it as it's quite graphic and they need permission (of the BBC news controller) before they'll show it.

Can we all agree that we won't post those pictures on here?

Elsewhere in the world George Bush finds himself choking on a pretzel.

I wouldn't be surprised if this would secure Obama's position with the people to be re-elected.

Edited by Carbo

Place your bets....

How long before Zipper (MAG/Socom), EA (Medal of Honor), Activision (Black Ops)... Announce a double/tripple XP event in responce to the news?

Before you can say "I told you so" Activision is already planning a triple xp weekend for Black Ops this week, but only to celebrate the release of the new map pack this week. It was announced prior to any indication that the US had successfully killed Bin Laden.

I think a better question is how soon will we see games reenacting the assault on the compound where US ground forces take out Bin Laden.

On a more serious note, I'm glad to hear Bin Laden's finally been taken down. Scared of how Al Qaeda will react to this. But still great news for everyone that wasn't blinded by this madman's words.

Goddamn, I was watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica when I was told the news. I'm forever going to associate this...

0R2Sr.jpg

with the death of a terrorist...

But aside from that, gosh. Every fiber of my body is filled with shock and amazement right now, especially after seeing that big crowd outside the White House. I can't remember ever seeing such enthusiastic patriotism like that.

To be fair, that show is pretty fucking grimdark on it's own, and Osama Bin Laden likely signed his contract with something about him being incredibly good at hide-and-go-seek.

Shoddily edited MS Paint image a-go-go. No one but those that watched Madoka are going to get this.

mahoushoujomadokamagicao.jpg

Edited by Dusk Golem
  • Thumbs Up 1

That about sums it up.

Funny thing is, I find this just as shocking as MJ's death...except that instead of sadness I'm only feeling happiness. I never knew any of the victims of 9/11, but for them and their families I'm glad justice has been served.

Wait he actually kicked a door down? BADASS!

"It's always nagnagnag with you people. Birth certificate's made public, and 'Laden's dead. Happy now? Now, can ya let me get back to my work people?!"

*kicks door down to go back to playing Super Mario world*

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, mad props to the U.S. Special Forces. From what I can tell, they just raided a small stronghold, got the target and came out the other side unscathed.

President handled it with class too.

EDIT:

Just overheard CNN talking about what they did with the body.

They treated it according to a "traditional" Muslim practice and gave the remains a burial at sea.

Gotta say, that is pretty smart. I'm sure that there are more than a few people who might have been tempted to run the body through the streets, but that would only fan the flames. Now, there isn't even a gravemarker to act as a shrine of sorts.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

I'd like to join the celebration but I honestly cannot see what this'll achieve. He's not a massive on-surface top dog anymore like he used to be, and his death is more likely to stir up the hornet's nest rather than cause things to calm down.

I'm not saying his death is a bad thing but to me it feels a bit like a hollow victory.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not saying his death is a bad thing but to me it feels a bit like a hollow victory.

As far as the “war on terror” goes, this is a marginal accomplishment.

As a symbolic measure and a morale boost? You wouldn’t be able to find a bigger one. Killing an idea may be impossible, but neutralizing the face of global terrorism is no doubt a worthy accomplishment. People are celebrating in the streets here and D.C. and up at ground zero (thankfully they seem to be handling themselves well for now). The message this sends is a pretty big deal.

It’ll be interesting to see reports trickle in from other countries in the next few hours.

• Thumbs Up 1

Killing Bin Laden might be a blow to the morale of the global jihadists, but it does nothing to address the root causes of radical islam, so this shit ain't over.

HEY LOOK!

e0676_e176b935-2e48-4169-9194-0d56695c6b6f.jpg

*Facepalm*

• Thumbs Up 1

Y'know, I just realized it was little under a week ago that WikiLeaks corroberated the rumor that Al Qaeda has a nuclear weapon hidden somewhere in Europe and were willing to blow it up if Bin Laden were to be captured or killed.

Kinda unsettling.

A battle has been won but the war hasn't.I bet that there will be revenge attacks by his allies sometime soon

...and also Obama kicking the door down was badass, I wish the queen would do that.

Edited by iVYRAVE

I talked about how they handled the operation with my dad, and brought up the idea that they could've brought him in alive so he could answer for his crimes. However, my dad pointed out that the whole war crime thing would've been messy and Osama might start making comments during the trial, etc. It was better for the US to just put him down immediately and show the body to the world. Osama would've been executed anyway.

Anyway, it's a pleasant surprise, but it's been almost ten years since 9/11, which kinda levels out any excitement for me. I'm an Aussie, too, so the whole patriotism thing doesn't apply to me, either.

Osama Bin Laden is now, *pause puts sunglasses on* Osama Bin Dead, YEAAAAAAAAH! :D

Sorry for that lame joke. All I am going to say is I hope that all the famlies that have suffered from this man's terror feel some sort of retribution, though for some that might not be enough.

However even though the head of the beast has beheaded the body is still alive and their may be retaliation and I also stress never let your gaurd down, especially with North Korea.

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 2

Got a link to that, Carbo? :O

Nevermind, I found it...

WikiLeaks: Al-Qaida Has Nuclear Weapons

The militant group al-Qaeda claims to have nuclear weapons and did not hesitate to use them if their leader, Osama bin Laden captured or killed by the United States. Not yet known exactly where al-Qaeda’s nuclear weapons are stored, but are found in Europe.

This was revealed by the results of interrogations of al-Qaeda prisoners at Guantanamo who leaked secret data on the site Leaks, WikiLeaks, as reported by the pages of The Telegraph, Monday, April 25, 2011.

Nuclear al-Qaeda terror conveyed by Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the operational commander of al-Qaeda who were detained at Guantanamo and will stand trial this year for his role as the mastermind of the attacks 11 September 2001. He said that they had a hidden nuclear facility somewhere in Europe.

Muhammed said that they would detonate it if Osama bin Laden captured or killed. He explained that al-Qaeda will launch an attack “nuclear hell” in the entire world if that happened.

This is not an empty threat, according to the WikiLeaks documents, U.S. intelligence has revealed nuclear experiments purchase of raw materials by al-Qaeda. It is estimated that this militant group also has the uranium, forming the main ingredient of nuclear power.

Muhammed also reveals that al-Qaeda had planned a massive assault on the major countries in Asia, Africa, USA, and England. Most of the planners attack has the now become the prisoners at Guantanamo.

“The prisoners have various plans for attacks against U.S., allies, and various interests around the world. They plan to make U.S. citizens suffer, especially in economic terms, which will also change the order of U.S. political policies,” said Muhammed.

WikiLeaks documents are distributed in the pages of The Telegraph, Washington Post, and several major daily of the world has revealed the results of interrogations at Guantanamo for more than 10 years consisting of thousands of documents.

Guantanamo prison opened in January 2002 in a U.S. military base in Cuba. In this prison was detained hundreds of suspected terrorists without first undergoing court proceedings. Because the methods of interrogation which was considered cruel, prison is reaping a lot of criticism.

President Barack Obama in his presidential election campaign had promised to close Guantanamo. However, until now he has not been able to do it

http://icwnews.com/hot-news/1790/wikileaks-al-qaida-has-nuclear-weapons.html

Well that's shit, I don't feel secure at all now... but this made me feel a little better:

imagewac.jpg

Obama's second term seems all but guaranteed right now, and the GOP is gonna be pissed.

/b/ just has the Team America: World Police song set to repeat! :lol:

And /v/ has Guile's theme playing on repeat. I guess it really DOES go with everything.

Do you have the source for that image? Because it's so awesome! I bet Bush is so pissed that Obama was able to accomplish what he tried to do for 8 years, in the space of 3.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Guardian has a 4,003 word obituary: here.

He is survived by four wives and 19 children

2Lgqc.gif

Do you have the source for that image? Because it's so awesome!

It's not real, it's from Jimmy Kimmel or the Daily Show one of those other late night comedy deals.

320x240.jpg

I'm on a boat and

It's going fast and

I got Osama Bin Laden in a trash can

Dammit, sleep prevented me from hearing about this first! And I bet someone already posted the 'America! F**k Yeah!' video, too.

Dammit, sleep prevented me from hearing about this first! And I bet someone already posted the 'America! F**k Yeah!' video, too.

I think it was the very first reply to the thread.