Awoo.

Osama Bin Laden has officially been killed

Kevin

Everyone knows that the World Record for hide and seek went to Lord Lucan. Not that he ever re-appeared to collect his award...

• Thumbs Up 2

A dramatic reconstruction of the true reason for the body being laid to rest at sea...

c6zxU.png

;)

• Thumbs Up 2

Osama bin Laden: Guinness World Record for hide-and-seek.

Everyone knows that record is held by Jesus. He's so good there are people who don't know if he even EXISTS.

• Thumbs Up 2

By being a) Depressingly appauling or b) Fox News.

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 1

I really hope some serious questions are levelled at Pakistan. They claimed to be doing everything they could to help in the "war on terror", but it is shockingly poor home security when Bin Laden is found where he was. I know the security in Pakistan isn't up to western standards but I can't believe they didn't know where he was.

Meanwhile... At the Daily Star

b6d3da.jpg

Aparently the UK is going to be nuked in responce to Bin Ladens death.

There is every chance of a nuclear attack if Wikileaks was on the money last week...

WikiLeaks: Al-Qaida Has Nuclear Weapons

Author: ICWN | Monday, April 25th, 2011 | 11:53 at Hot News

The militant group al-Qaeda claims to have nuclear weapons and did not hesitate to use them if their leader, Osama bin Laden captured or killed by the United States. Not yet known exactly where al-Qaeda’s nuclear weapons are stored, but are found in Europe.

This was revealed by the results of interrogations of al-Qaeda prisoners at Guantanamo who leaked secret data on the site Leaks, WikiLeaks, as reported by the pages of The Telegraph, Monday, April 25, 2011.

Nuclear al-Qaeda terror conveyed by Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the operational commander of al-Qaeda who were detained at Guantanamo and will stand trial this year for his role as the mastermind of the attacks 11 September 2001. He said that they had a hidden nuclear facility somewhere in Europe.

Muhammed said that they would detonate it if Osama bin Laden captured or killed. He explained that al-Qaeda will launch an attack “nuclear hell” in the entire world if that happened.

This is not an empty threat, according to the WikiLeaks documents, U.S. intelligence has revealed nuclear experiments purchase of raw materials by al-Qaeda. It is estimated that this militant group also has the uranium, forming the main ingredient of nuclear power.

Muhammed also reveals that al-Qaeda had planned a massive assault on the major countries in Asia, Africa, USA, and England. Most of the planners attack has the now become the prisoners at Guantanamo.

“The prisoners have various plans for attacks against U.S., allies, and various interests around the world. They plan to make U.S. citizens suffer, especially in economic terms, which will also change the order of U.S. political policies,” said Muhammed.

WikiLeaks documents are distributed in the pages of The Telegraph, Washington Post, and several major daily of the world has revealed the results of interrogations at Guantanamo for more than 10 years consisting of thousands of documents.

Guantanamo prison opened in January 2002 in a U.S. military base in Cuba. In this prison was detained hundreds of suspected terrorists without first undergoing court proceedings. Because the methods of interrogation which was considered cruel, prison is reaping a lot of criticism.

President Barack Obama in his presidential election campaign had promised to close Guantanamo. However, until now he has not been able to do it

http://icwnews.com/hot-news/1790/wikileaks-al-qaida-has-nuclear-weapons.html

b6d3da.jpg

You can read the article here. It does cite Wikileaks, but the article still probably doesn't hold much water.

b6d3da.jpg

Mother of god.... I could be on Big Brother?!

Seriously though, fat chance. As Jerry Seinfeld once said; "people who read tabloids deserve to be lied to."

Edit: didn't see the Wikileaks source, but still that's unlikely.

Edited by The Soldier
  • Thumbs Up 1

Edit: didn't see the Wikileaks source, but still that's unlikely.

A few paragraphs in, it says:

"According to whistle-blowing site WikiLeaks, Libyan Guantanamo detainee Abu Al-Libi, 41, “has knowledge of al-Qaida possibly possessing a nuclear bomb”."

But outside of mentioning WikiLeaks, there are no other confirmed sources.

While the WikiLeaks rumor is indeed unsettling, for one most of the Guantanamo prisoners who were confessing the matter were subject under heavy torture which would probably make them admit to anything, and if al Qaeda has nukes ready to blow they probably wouldn't be sitting on them for so long and draw even more attention. It could be fear mongering tactics, and this isn't the first time they've threatened to blow shit up. Last year there were threats against several European landmarks. As a whole though, al Qaeda is pretty fractured and I sort of doubt nukes are a viable option for them.

I did read an article on BBC today about suspicious people being found at a nuclear site somewhere in England I think though. I wish I had it at hand. I forgot the details.

It's also private... hmmm how strange.

They may well have received threats and been forced to remove it. It was a pretty.. um.. graphic video, even for them, on a subject that could rouse strong feelings from fundamentalist Muslims who are fans of Osama.

I did read an article on BBC today about suspicious people being found at a nuclear site somewhere in England I think though. I wish I had it at hand. I forgot the details.

A group of around five Pakistani asians were detained after being seen in a car close to the Sellafield nuclear facility, close to the Scottish border. They were allegedly taking pictures, but I cannot verify that claim.

So yesterday at work, we had cake that said "Rest in Hell Osama, Hooyah [Navy] Dir[ect]sup[port]"

Yeah we're definitely responsible for the takedown of Osama, not the SEALs.

Oh boy...

The US has confirmed that Bin Laden was NOT armed when he was shot and killed.

This is going to complicate matters.

The US has seized a lot of invaluable intelligence from Bin Laden's house, including a number of computer hard drives. I expect to see the CIA taking actions over coming days, weeks, months and years because of this. Al Qaeda could lose a lot of its high ranking personnel very soon. There may be implications for the Taliban in Afghanistan too, though I'm not really sure about the degree to which the two groups have been communicating, working together and mixing since Al Qaeda's leadership was largely pushed out of that country.