Awoo.

Osama Bin Laden has officially been killed

Kevin

Oh boy...

The US has confirmed that Bin Laden was NOT armed when he was shot and killed.

This is going to complicate matters.

Maybe, but if I had Hilter or Stalin in my crosshairs I would blow their heads off and screw what their zealots would think! :angry:

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 2

I wonder who will play as him when they make a movie about his life story. My guess would probably be Tom Hanks.

Cast%20Away%20Tom%20Hanks%20pic1.jpg

Edited by ChikaBoing
  • Thumbs Up 3

Maybe, but if I had Hilter or Stalin in my Crosshairs I would blow their heads off and screw what their zealots would think! :angry:

Then that would make you a murderer as well as potentially earn you a dishonorable discharge from the military and potential criminal charges as well as hand the 'zealots' a golden properganda victory. However you're comparing him now to two people who are not in the same status as he was, they were leaders of a country and had declarations of war made against them. Like it or not, Bin Laden never had that status, despite it's name as being a 'war on terror' it isn't actually a 'war'.

You're not supposed to kill an unarmed man, especially if that man is not attacking you. What we learnt today is that he refused to surrender and that he wasn't armed.

So they shot him twice in the head? But the woman who apparently ran towards them in a hostile motion just got shot and wounded in the leg?

Slowly this is starting to sound like an execution. But of course nobody is going to care about that because it's Bin Laden. But the fact is, regardless as to who the target is or who they are, you can't just kill them outright like that. Don't forget, this man was not a leader of a country or a member of an army, he was a criminal.

Like it or not, they've handed the enemy one hell of a properganda victory with this one.

Edited by Hogfather
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Then that would make you a murderer as well as potentially earn you a dishonorable discharge from the military and potential criminal charges as well as hand the 'zealots' a golden properganda victory.

You're not supposed to kill an unarmed man, especially if that man is not attacking you. What we learnt today is that he refused to surrender and that he wasn't armed.

So they shot him twice in the head? But the woman who apparently ran towards them in a hostile motion just got shot and wounded in the leg?

Slowly this is starting to sound like an execution. But of course nobody is going to care about that because it's Bin Laden. But the fact is, regardless as to who the target is or who they are, you can't just kill them outright like that. Don't forget, this man was not a leader of a country or a member of an army, he was a criminal.

Like it or not, they've handed the enemy one hell of a properganda victory with this one.

Were the people in the Twin Towers armed? Were the people on the trains in Madrid armed? Were the people in the London Tube's and Buses Armed? Were the innocent Men, Women and Children killed my his men armed, no. But Bin Laden and his lackies didn't care, obessed with their twisted version of Jihad.

Bin Laden was too dangerous to be captured and kept on trial anyway, the US government and Army knew how it was going to end, hell they were prepared to bomb his compound without warning (Cambodia style).

If I lost anyone by his hands, I would do far much worse than two shots in the head.

His Zealots would be pissed off regardless if their master was captured or killed by anyone, they are will to continue their Jihad till the end.

And Besides the Americans wanted him Dead or Alive.

Anyway good riddens to another Extremist nutter dead.

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 3

The problem with taking him alive is that Al Qaeda and groups affiliated or aligned with it would, upon hearing the news, begin taking hostages or committing horrific acts the world over until they released him. But they would never have released him. So a lot of innocent people would have died. His killing prevented that.

I think he threw his wife at the SEALs or something. I think that might count as an offensive move.

They said he was unarmed but resistant. Perhaps thats why they are reluctant to release the footage.

• Thumbs Up 2

Im glad he got killed, he killed many people and didnt he cause 9/11?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Were the people in the Twin Towers armed? Were the people on the trains in Madrid armed? Were the people in the London Tube's and Buses Armed? Were the innocent Men, Women and Children killed my his men armed, no. But Bin Laden and his lackies didn't care, obessed with their twisted version of Jihad.

You're now justifying murder with murder.

You're forgetting that Bin Laden is at his core just a criminal who had followers. If you look at the basic facts of this from both sides, it does not look good, regardless of what other world events you try to bring in.

Some criminals murder people, but police cannot kill them out of retaliation unless their own lives are in danger, regardless as to how evil they are.

I don't doubt that if he was brought to trial he would have been found guilty and sentanced to death, but the point is, he was never put on trial to answer for his crimes, even on the FBI's own website they don't say that he is guilty, they put that he was wanted in connection. I've no doubt that had he been put on trial they would have found him guilty of every charge thrown against him.

If I lost anyone by his hands, would of do far worse than two shots in the head.

And thats why justice should be blind.

The problem with taking him alive is that Al Qaeda and groups affiliated or aligned with it would, upon hearing the news, begin taking hostages or committing horrific acts the world over until they released him. But they would never have released him. So a lot of innocent people would have died. His killing prevented that.

I agree it's a no win situation, not doubt had he been taken alive there would have been people going ape wanting him back. But the problem is that because they took the option to kill him. Then admit that he was unarmed, it's given the enemy a big tool to use against the west.

Before someone gets the wrong end of the stick with this, in no way am I supporting this vile man, but I am very concious as to how tonights revelation that he was not armed when he was killed is going to be turned against the west.

Does anybody understand what I'm trying to say here?

Edited by Hogfather

Small point: The Madrid bombings were carried out by a terror cell inspired by Al Qaeda, but there was no direct Al Qaeda involvement in the attack. It was an independent action inspired by Al Qaeda. Osama Bin Laden shouldn't be assigned responsibility for it, as that takes the responsibility for the bombings, for the deaths, for the destruction, away from the actual perpetrators.

I agree it's a no win situation, not doubt had he been taken alive there would have been people going ape wanting him back. But the problem is that because they took the option to kill him. Then admit that he was unarmed, it's given the enemy a big tool to use against the west.

I don't think we'll know exactly what happened unless the footage is released, and that cannot happen.

I don't think we'll know exactly what happened unless the footage is released, and that cannot happen.

I suspect that the most we will ever see is the moment when the special forces enter the room where Bin Laden was found. But thats it.

If you consider who the special forces were, the type of weapons they were would have been armed with for the assault, the environment that they used their weapons in, and their proximity to their target. Chances are Bin Laden didn't have much of a face left, even if it was a single shot.

Anyway lets move on from that thought.

My concern right now is how al-Qaeda plans to take this. I'm sure they're bluffing about the nuke, but there's no doubt they'll want to retaliate. I'm sure they have something else up their sleeve, but since their head is gone, I'm hoping we can exploit this opportunity to our advantage.

Still, I have confidence that terrorist groups of this caliber aren't going to be around for much longer. Their support has dwindled drastically and active Qutbism looks to be on the way out.

Y'know what everyone's forgotten about all this?

The more extremist nutter youths that blow themselves up now, the less extremist nutters we have left in the gene pool. If they want to throw their lives away in a retarded crusade that no-one but other nutters will remember them for, I say let them try and eat sniper shells first. We're dealing with people literally willing to throw their lives away for the cause, so who really gives two shits about how they lose their lives? Facing terrorists with some actual balls and a level yet stern head is the only way you're going to get rid of them.

Or in other words, fuck their little propaganda mill. If we'd been unable to kill him when he was right there they'dve just used that against us too. Any outcome of that operation would have been used against us in propaganda, that's what it's for - persuading people that you're right and the enemy is wrong! These people are not the least bit reasonable, don't try to apply reason to this issue yourself, it just makes you look naive at best and a backdoor to enemy victory at worst. The two weapons of terrorism are fear and exploiting the loopholes in rational thought.

So yeah, looking forward to seeing actual pictures of the body and pissing off terrorists across the globe. Come at me bro, I die free no matter what.

• Thumbs Up 2

Considering that bin Laden was apparently hiding within walking distance of the PMA building, I have to imagine Pakistan is going to get some blowback for this.

Oh boy...

The US has confirmed that Bin Laden was NOT armed when he was shot and killed.

This is going to complicate matters.

Edited by Tornado

I don't know what I have to think about it... :S It's actually good. But we don't know which consequences this will have. :mellow:

This is maybe inappropriate but..Here in germany at the news the moderators are mixing up "Osama" and "Obama" all the time. lol

(Oh sorry. Didn't see it at the first time.. At the USA too? mmm....)

Edited by Ovi Kintobor 244

I don't know what I have to think about it... :S It's actually good. But we don't know which consequences this will have. :mellow:

This is maybe inappropriate but..Here in germany at the news the moderators are mixing up "Osama" and "Obama" all the time. lol

(Oh sorry. Didn't see it at the first time.. At the USA too? mmm....)

At least they weren't calling him "Usama Bin Laden" like SOME Fox news stations were. Also:

This proves my theory that the Janitor was secretly a demigod in human form.

• Thumbs Up 3

It has been widely suspected for years now that Osama has been hiding out in Pakistan. The Janitor was right, certainly, alongside a large number of other people.

Of course most people haven't really doubted the news of Osama bin Laden's death, but for those unconvinced folks out there who were claiming that he wasn't really killed or that he died years ago: "Al Qaeda confirms Osama bin Laden's death on jihadist websites - Al Qaeda has confirmed the death of its founder and leader Osama bin Laden, according to the SITE monitoring service. The terrorist group said bin Laden's blood "will not be wasted" in a statement posted on militant websites." [France 24 International News].

If both sides have confirmed it, I don't see what doubt can be left. I'm sure conspiracy nuts will still try to spin something from it, but eh.

• Thumbs Up 1

New intel on the covert mission points to the participation of at least 1 Canine Commando.

(stock image)

The dog lover in me squealed at that for 2 reasons.

All the money the military threw at Doggles and Canine body armor are really paying dividends The sheer knowledge that our Dogs are so badass that they roll around with our boys in the field on the most important mission of the decade.
A lot of talk is being sent over to the mystery stealth Helicopter that was allegedly involved, but personally I am much more interesting in the troops canine companions

Edited by Sega DogTagz