Awoo.

Chao Garden?

NytroFactor

Considering how many people have been asking for it for years, I don't see why SEGA doesn't just take the Adventure gardens, add a few new things, and sell it on XBLA/PSN. Because I don't think it'd be a good idea to bring them back in main Sonic titles, since while some like it, everyone else thinks it's boring and a pain if you're going for 100% and don't like pet simulators.

Yikes.

I had no idea that people on here hated Chao so much. Gosh.

ITs not even that I absolutely hate it, its just why does it have to be in a Sonic game? There are so many other ways to add replayablity other than a cheap Tamagachi rip off. If I wanted to raise a virtual pet, I'd go pick up Nintendogs.

ITs not even that I absolutely hate it, its just why does it have to be in a Sonic game? There are so many other ways to add replayablity other than a cheap Tamagachi rip off. If I wanted to raise a virtual pet, I'd go pick up Nintendogs.

It's apparent that Sonic Team got the message, then. We haven't had a Chao Garden since 2001. No use complaining about it now, is there?

I'm just put off by how frightfully rude and harsh people are acting towards the idea. Zelda has their fishing mini-games, and NiGHTS even had a similar A-Life system, and no one complains about either. Why is Sonic treated so differently in categories like this?

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 2

It's apparent that Sonic Team got the message, then. We haven't had a Chao Garden since 2001. No use complaining about it now, is there?

Tell that to all of the rabid Adventure fanboys.

What about, GASP, optional chao gardens? Something for fun that doesn't have any bearing on the main game?

It could just be a spruced up SA2 chao system with different gardens and better models.

What about, GASP, optional chao gardens? Something for fun that doesn't have any bearing on the main game?
A waste of development time.

It could just be a spruced up SA2 chao system with different gardens and better models.
Lazy. You might as well just play SA2.

Why add something to your game that is completely pointless and seperate from the main experience.

I don't need any Chaos Garden. Maybe for a litle additional gametype but not like it was at SA.

But if I remember back.. I had a "Mephiles Shadow" Chao. :rolleyes:

Why waste development time on that, when they could improve the game.

No I'd rather they set up their own little spin-off series for the handhelds.

Simply because I think it would be a waste of Disk Space. That extra disk space could be put towards a couple extra levels or mini-acts. Plus, I would want it to be something that can stand alone as a game, not a half-assed add-on (with an extra feature that relies on completely different programming to the main game, there is strong possibility that it would be half-assed, in comparison to the rest of the game)

Seperate them I say. In the end it would be better, not only for the Chao Raising system, but for the Sonic game it could have sucked development time from as well.

Why waste development time on that, when they could improve the game.

So that more people could be happy? That way those who want it can have it and those who don't can still play without it.

I'm also surprised at how hated Chao seems to be here. I was under the impression that Chao was overall welcomed into the Sonic franchise.

As for games like Nintendogs, I can't make those dogs look like a freaking miniature Sonic. The Chao offers a level of customization that is not offered on like... 90% of pet similators or Pokemon-esque battling/racig.

Edited by SEGAMew
  • Thumbs Up 3

I haven't heard a single person complain that Twilight Princess would have been better if the fishing mini-game were removed to free up some disk space to include more content.

Just saying.

• Thumbs Up 3

Chao were only developed because of the VMU that came with the Dreamcast controller. It was SEGA's excuse to design a Tamagatchi-like game. Beyond that, I can't see why it served a purpose, it had absolutely no place being in a Sonic game.

Maybe a Chao garden mini-game will pop up on Project Cafe, but, just so there's not a fucking topic about it, no, Chao gardens do NOT stack up. They are distractions that have absolutely nothing, and I do mean NOTHING, to do with the main game. If they decide to show up again, that's cool, but there's absolutely no reason for them to right now.

Edited by EXshad

So that more people could be happy? That way those who want it can have it and those who don't can still play without it.

Why not create a seperate development team with new recruits to design a spin-off series for the handhelds. Which is honestly where a system such as this belongs.

I mean it would be far better for the Chaos raising system to be its own game with its own developers, rather than it being a side-project, half-assed add-on to the main Sonic game. Not to mention it would waste invaluable disk-space that could be used to make extra levels.

Whilst, I'm neutral on chaos, there are a lot of people who don't like them (for the same reason they don't like Nintendogs). It would better to have extra levels in a Sonic game, than it would be to have a completely different game tacked onto the side.

I mostly suggested it as a novelty, since chao do have a fanbase. A separate game might be nice, however. I'd take chao over Nintendogs any day.

• Thumbs Up 1

So? If Sega wanna really make people happy then they should just make the game play awesomely and not try to please a specific crowd of fans.

• Thumbs Up 1

For me Chao Gardens are boring and gimmicky. As Indigo said the original gardens were pretty much SEGA going "Look what we can do!" with the Dreamcast. It was a glorified tech demo that they threw into a Sonic game.

Some people like Indigo like them despite this and that's fine, but personally, I'd rather squeeze in another zone than have a Chao garden

Edited by BD3

• Thumbs Up 1

To be completely honest... I'm not sure whether or not I'd like to see Chao Gardens return. On one hand, I had a lot of fun with them in Sonic Adventure 2; probably spent more time raising chao than I did playing the actual game. On the other hand... I don't know why they're there. I mean a pet simulation in a speedy platformer? Geez, even for this franchise that's seriously random...

The lack of chao doesn't hurt the series at all, at any rate. I wouldn't mind a new chao garden, but it's not a huge priority.

That being said, I still find it more fun than a lot of pet simulators.

Honestly, I think if we get an SA3, we won't be seeing a chao garden. I mean, Shadow the Hedgehog was supposedly an "SA3" at some point and it didn't have one, so, yeah.

I mean, Shadow the Hedgehog was supposedly an "SA3" at some point and it didn't have one, so, yeah.
And '06. And Unleashed.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1