Awoo.

Sonic Colors

Dummy Bear

SA2, StH and Sonic 06 attempted to be dark and did it correctly, because they are in my top 3 games.

• Thumbs Up 10
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I don't like it because the stages look like it has been made by Disney, too colourful and too childish.

• Thumbs Up 6

SA2, StH and Sonic 06 attempted to be dark and did it correctly, because they are in my top 3 games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh sure, because trying to prevent the genocide of an entire alien species through the playful shell of a theme park qualifies as childish.

That my friends, is Dr. Eggman--species killer/roboticizer (depending on the continuity) extraordinare.

Really? It had guns and it showed death while the others don't, I'm not sure if you are being serious or just want to piss me off.

• Thumbs Up 1

Really? It had guns and it showed death while the others don't, I'm not sure if you are being serious or just want to piss me off.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I would have hoped that this mentality would have gone away after the latter two games were near-universally panned partially for the exact "so fucking gritty" concepts that you are so proud of.

Here's a hint: When a game's only true attempt at being "mature" and "dark" is giving a character guns and randomly throwing PG level profanity into cutscenes because that's "cool", its not actually being done "correctly."

I like those games, you got a problem with that?

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

So, wait? Because its levels are colorful and unrealistic - as suggested by its name - it's too childish and made by Disney? And you're going to set aside all merits of the gameplay and level design, and not buy it because of that?

Okay, for one thing, this is a franchise about a hedgehog that runs at the speed of sound. It's a little odd, when you think about it, that anything about the series stopped being "childish" in the first place.

For another, you're seriously comparing this:

sonic-colors-20100615100032204.jpg

with this?

winnie-pooh-wallpapers.jpg

or this?

the_little_mermaid-show.jpg

(I know you didn't mention those specifically, but I can pretty much use them as a representative of anything outright "colorful" or "childish" that Disney has ever done.

Also, Disney isn't always that childish either. Case in point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyS3weMlxLA

Edited by thedarkknight

• Thumbs Up 4

It felt childish for me to even watch it, the story must have been focused for 5 year old children.

Yes, because the adventures of a blue talking hedgehog MUST be serious all the time. anything childish is considered bad.

Guys, let's just stop, he's a lost cause. If he wants to judge the game based solely on how childish it looks, leave him he won't be making any friends here.

I like how you say that, yet you repeatedly said that Shadow, 06, and SA2 were all dark done correctly.

Colors pretty much demolishes whatever Eggman has done in those games, in Unleashed, as Scar has said repeatedly, he defeats Super Sonic.

Because Eggman caught Sonic off-guard.

In a way, it was the most childish. Its overuse of the word "damn", plot that attempted to be grimdark but ended up being INCREDIBLY stupid in the process, the various attempts to make a three-foot-tall hedgehog look "bad@$$" (such as in the opening), and the nigh-on-useless guns would, intentionally or not, mostly appeal to young kids who think they're "cool" and "grown up" when they play dark games with lots of cursing. At times, Shadow almost feels like a joke or a parody of darker games. JezMM's quote from C.S. Lewis applies to this, hence why Shadow is childish.

Colors, on the other hand, has a general feeling of fun that can appeal to everyone, not just kids.

Edited by T-Man
  • Thumbs Up 5

As a long-time Mario and Sonic fan I've had to pull out this quote far too often when defending it against "mature game" obsessives, but it's my favourite quote ever so here we go again:

"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis, children's writer.

For the record Shadow didn't show death either. It barely implied it, because not only were they so desperate they put in all the things kids love - guns, death, violence etc - but they were still too afraid to go too far with it because they KNEW it wasn't right for the series on some level. That might be the saddest thing of all about that project.

For the record, I liked Shadow The Hedgehog, it was fun to play. I'm just hatin' to be hatin'.

Shadow killed Eggman in certain endings.

Shadow killed Eggman in certain endings.

Shadow karate chopped the camera and Eggman went "Noooooooooo D=" in certain endings.

And said cut-scene was utterly out of character for the both of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

In a way, it was the most childish. Its overuse of the word "damn", plot that attempted to be grimdark but ended up being INCREDIBLY awesome in the process, the various attempts to make a three-foot-tall hedgehog look "bad@$$" (such as in the opening), and the nigh-on-optional guns would, intentionally or not, mostly appeal to young kids who think they're "cool" and "grown up" when they play dark games with lots of cursing. At times, Shadow almost feels like a Sonic but darker

Colors, on the other hand, has a general feeling of chldishness that can appeal to kids.

Fixed.

Oh, I also noticed you "fixing" my quote at the end there too. I didn't want to be this blunt but grow up, seriously.

• Thumbs Up 5

Shadow karate chopped the camera and Eggman went "Noooooooooo D=" in certain endings.

And said cut-scene was utterly out of character for the both of them.

It's implying that Eggman died of course.

How is it out of character, if Shadow was evil, he would do evil things. Eggman would probably scream if someone tried to kill him...

Oh, I also noticed you "fixing" my quote at the end there too. I didn't want to be this blunt but grow up, seriously.

You're the one that needs to grow up, I'm just saying what I believe.

It's implying that Eggman died of course.

Shadow karate chopped the camera, and Eggman spilled his tea. Eggman really likes tea, so naturally this made him quite distraught.

I can imply implications too.

• Thumbs Up 6

Shadow karate chopped the camera, and Eggman spilled his tea. Eggman really likes tea, so naturally this made him quite distraught.

I can imply implications too.

:rolleyes:

Grow up.

• Bad Quality Post 4