Awoo.

Sonic Colors

Dummy Bear

SA2, StH and Sonic 06 attempted to be dark and did it correctly, because they are in my top 3 games.

what is this i dont even

Fine then, i guess DAMMIT GRIMDARK GRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHH is what you like in your sonic games, be my guest.

It's implying that Eggman died of course.

How is it out of character, if Shadow was evil, he would do evil things. Eggman would probably scream if someone tried to kill him...

Shadow doesn't strike me as the sort of character who would unnecessarily kill someone just because he disagreed with their motives. He's better than that. Maybe on the semi-evil path it's vaguely justified but on the neutral path where he's just sort of confused rather than leaning either way morals-wise? Ridiculous.

You're the one that needs to grow up, I'm just saying what I believe.

I'm genuinely offended you feel the need to put words in my mouth by editing quotes for your own entertainment. Shadow The Hedgehog is one of my favourite Sonic games but I'm not going to pander to how awkward the story was just because I enjoyed the gameplay and having Shadow's history confirmed at last (hell I even have no qualms with the Black Arms sudden involvement in his creation).

what is this i dont even

Fine then, i guess DAMMIT GRIMDARK GRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHH is what you like in your sonic games, be my guest.

Yep, what's wrong with that?

For fucks sake, thedarkknight, I don't know how many times you've been warned to stop doing thickheaded, unsupported, short and biased statements without merit or thought into them, derailing entire topics with your nonconstructive shit. This is the last warning you're getting before I'm suspending your ass.

Get back on topic. This bickering is becoming just embarrassing and I'm sick of this attention being given to it.

• Thumbs Up 7

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis, children's writer.

That's what you said.

EDIT: Sorry Carbo, heheheh! I should go soon. I've indulged in too much today. DX

Edited by Benson
  • Thumbs Up 2

Fixed.

You're trying to twist that quote in your favor, but what you left still says that the "damndamnGUNZdamn" in Shadow mostly appeals to kids trying to feel "cool".

EDIT: Sorry, post wasn't there when I clicked reply.

Edited by Ekaje

For fucks sake, thedarkknight, I don't know how many times you've been warned to stop doing thickheaded, unsupported, short and biased statements without merit or thought into them, derailing entire topics with your nonconstructive shit. This is the last warning you're getting before I'm suspending your ass.

Get back on topic. This bickering is becoming just embarrassing and I'm sick of this attention being given to it.

What about the others, they make short statements without getting warned, warn them as well.

Are the Wisps power-ups optional or not?

Edited by thedarkknight
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Ugh....I'm done arguing, this is just going in circles.

In any case, I was really hyped for Colors. My first playthrough was nice and fun, and the cutscenes gave me a nice, light break after playing a level. My first experience with the music was beautiful, my favorite track being The first Act of Planet Wisp, the runner-up being Terminal Velocity.

The gameplay was nice and tight, and Sonic didn't feel as slippery as he did in Unleashed, he slowed down at a nice pace, and the boost was slightly nerfed, and it fit the level design really well. The wisps could range from Fun to Average at times, my personal favorite being Frenzy. It wasn't sluggish, and it didn't drag on to long. Laser could be a pain to aim sometimes, though. (Hey, I made a rhyme.) Drill was fun, although I could get lost underground and not have enough wisp power left to make it back to the surface. Hover was simple enough, if not a bit slippery when trying to avoid obstacles. Cube could be tedious at times when the jump wouldn't be so forgiving. The Rocket was a good way to open up alternate paths and get some of those Red Rings. Lastly, the Spikes controls took some getting used to since it would get confused which way I was moving when going up and down walls and ceilings.

The voice acting was done very well, Roger grew on me pretty fast, I also liked Tails' voice actor...her name escaping me at the moment? Mike Pollock was awesome as usual, and I couldn't forget Orbot and Cubot.

Now here are some issues I have with the game...

Each world has about... 6 Acts right? While the first 3 are usually the ones I like the most, the others just felt small, and boring to me, and these mini acts were sometimes so small, you couldn't even use Super Sonic well enough! Heck, sometimes you might not even get the chance to transform!

The Multiplayer Co-op in Sonic Simulator could have used Split Screen well, since it could be kind of difficult keeping track of both Sonic's on the same screen, sometimes one getting in the way of the other!

Some of the humor was cringe-worthy, Sonic's talk of Clobbering comes to mind, but most of the jokes were okay, Eggman's PA Announcements were a good step for the humor the games should be getting into though.

Overall: I'd give it a 4.3/5.

So yeah, my first playthrough was really my favorite for Colors, it just doesn't grab me that much anymore, as Unleashed tends to do now....This kind of turned into a Mini Review, didn't it? :rolleyes:

What about the others, they make short statements without getting warned, warn them as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really don't get it. isn't saying Sonic games are better dark like saying Mario games suck because of there simple story and colorful world? Both were intended to be the cartoon equivalent of Mickey mouse so It just doesn't make sense.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

OMG GUYS!! I don't like Mario games because the story is too childish and there's no swearing or killing the main characters or civilians in the game! It's not dark!! I'LL HATE THE GAME!! Seriously is that game for 10 year olds or something! :angry::angry::angry:

Yeah, you know what? Posts like these are completely pointless and dumb. Cut this shit out. Don't act like a witty smartass and mock members to get your point across.

Now drop the subject.

• Thumbs Up 1

Shadow karate chopped the camera and Eggman went "Noooooooooo D=" in certain endings.

And said cut-scene was utterly out of character for the both of them.

...That almost made me spit out my milk. Good job. :lol:

Edited by Ishtar

Really? We're still going on about this?

Oh, anyway, why is it that the reviewers always have a bias against mainline 3D Sonic games, such as Jim 'Fucking Sterling? I actually loved Colors DS, but not as much compared to Colors Wii. For me, the graphics were one of the best parts of the entire game alone: the Wii has a Hedgehog Engine, and lo and behold the stunning visuals, even for a Wii which is basically just two GC's put together. :D

We need more gushing, bitch please.

You know I've noticed something about jim. His previews of Sonic games are always positive but his reviews negetive. This time for generations his preview was pretty down with little positive. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN??? :o:o

I'm still scared to buy Colors. I'm so bored of my games and I want to get a new wii game, but I'm afraid I'll get bored with it. Especially with 90% of the game being 2d and it being short from what I hear. Super Mario Galaxy 2 was a game that lasted me so long. Now that was a work of art and game design. I miss the N64 days where all those games had so much substance.

And I don't get why so many people keep getting mad at thedarkknight for not wanting to buy the game after looking at videos and cutscenes on youtube. If he doesn't like the way the levels look or the tone of the cutscenes, he can express it. There are plenty of games I don't want to get after looking at footage of them on youtube. And there are plenty of games I'd LOVE to play after looking at footage.

When I saw the trailer of Zelda: Skyward Sword, I was pissed at the graphics and there's nothing wrong with me expressing that on forums. Just like when you see a trailer for a movie and you go, "This looks stupid." There's nothing wrong with saying that. It's really just getting mad and jumping at throats of others for saying stuff about something they like.

I'm still scared to buy Colors. I'm so bored of my games and I want to get a new wii game, but I'm afraid I'll get bored with it. Especially with 90% of the game being 2d and it being short from what I hear. Super Mario Galaxy 2 was a game that lasted me so long. Now that was a work of art and game design. I miss the N64 days where all those games had so much substance.

And I don't get why so many people keep getting mad at thedarkknight for not wanting to buy the game after looking at videos and cutscenes on youtube. If he doesn't like the way the levels look or the tone of the cutscenes, he can express it. There are plenty of games I don't want to get after looking at footage of them on youtube. And there are plenty of games I'd LOVE to play after looking at footage.

When I saw the trailer of Zelda: Skyward Sword, I was pissed at the graphics and there's nothing wrong with me expressing that on forums. Just like when you see a trailer for a movie and you go, "This looks stupid." There's nothing wrong with saying that. It's really just getting mad and jumping at throats of others for saying stuff about something they like.

• Thumbs Up 4

People also have the right to question and criticize other people's stances and viewpoints, to which thedarkknight fails at giving good, solid reasoning for his views. Although I'd say it pertains more to how he said 06 and ShtH was more mature than Colors and were better games for it; much less on actually liking Colors.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would first off like to point out I don't OWN Colors. I have played it though. Alot, actually. At friend's houses and family's.

All in all I like the fact that they've taken the inspiration from the Unleashed day time levels, but it needs something to make it have some more "flare" to it. Basically, just upgrade on the current gameplay and add more features so that it feels more "complete".

I loved Sonic Colors, I honestly found it to be the best Sonic game created since Sonic 3. The level design can be a bit... wooden, for lack of a better word, at times. The use of generic "blocks" to concieve platforms I am to jump on, primarily in the stages that are rehashes of previous ones with altered level design (Thus, the "blocks"), weren't the game's highest point, but overall I did not find the game as a whole to be in any way boring. It wasn't quite as adrenaline-based as Unleashed's daytime levels were, nor quite as simple and slow as a basic 2D platformer, it combined both precision platforming and speed in a way where the intermingled together perfectly.

Yes. Yes they usually are. There are few moments where it IS necesarry, but those are quite sparse.

You should've asked this in the status box, ya know.

Oh sure, because trying to prevent the genocide of an entire alien species through the playful shell of a theme park qualifies as childish.

That my friends, is Dr. Eggman--species killer/roboticizer (depending on the continuity) extraordinare.