Awoo.

Sonic Colors

Dummy Bear

What I liked about colors was that the speedy thrilling segments were like rewards after passing parts where you had to platform or play more careful than you'd normally do in a sonic game. This made the speeding parts more rewarding and even when they never blew away like they did in unleashed. It was because it wasn't constant that they felt more special.

In sonic unleashed it just doesn't feel special as it's the only thing you're seeing throughout the whole game. The gameplay that comes with it isn't all that interesting either. But hey, just my opinion.

I have always been fine with speeding parts. The classics did it in the same sense as well.. only with good physics/controls that encouraged more flow and brought lots more variety them.

This video is a good example.

Edited by Jaouad
  • Thumbs Up 3

Because people think they look cool for hating games other people like

Edited by CanofEpicSauce
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

It's wierd how every new Sonic game manages to irk me in new ways.

In Unleashed it was when I found out that I needed collectables to progress through the game.

In Colors, when I saw that they used yellow boxes as a gimmick in a candy-themed stage.

Let's see what Generations brings on that front. Hopefully nothing.

What I liked about colors was that the speedy thrilling segments were like rewards after passing parts where you had to platform or play more careful than you'd normally do in a sonic game. This made the speeding parts more rewarding and even when they never blew away like they did in unleashed. It was because it wasn't constant that they felt more special.

In sonic unleashed it just doesn't feel special as it's the only thing you're seeing throughout the whole game. The gameplay that comes with it isn't all that interesting either. But hey, just my opinion.

I have always been fine with speeding parts. The classics did it in the same sense as well.. only with good physics/controls that encouraged more flow and brought lots more variety them.

This video is a good example.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I've also seen some hate for the game with people saying there should be more games like Sonic 4, if I recall one guy commented on a article about Sonic 4's price drop and said "Kind of off topic, but Sonic Colors was total shit on Wii, if you want something new and good about Sonic, you should check into this"

Yeah, I know

• Thumbs Up 1

I've also seen some hate for the game with people saying there should be more games like Sonic 4, if I recall one guy commented on a article about Sonic 4's price drop and said "Kind of off topic, but Sonic Colors was total shit on Wii, if you want something new and good about Sonic, you should check into this"

Edited by sonfan1984

See the problem people have with Colours, is the fact that it is very square, or rather, rectangular. There is barely any curvature, except for in some drifting sections. Most of the platforming is very blocky and lacks fluidity.

That's a really good point actually. As much as I like Colors, the level design isn't very Sonic-y a lot of the time, and the parts that are (like in Planet Wisp) you have to use a Wisp to get through.

It's probably cause it's a 'classic' style Sonic game even though there's really nothing new and original about it at all. I'm not paying full price for future episodes until they make some major improvements especially after looking at Sonic Generations.

Yeah, I think Generations killed a lot of the hype for future Sonic 4 episodes, so let's hope they improve on it a lot to make us really want it. ;)

It's probably cause it's a 'classic' style Sonic game even though there's really nothing new and original about it at all. I'm not paying full price for future episodes until they make some major improvements especially after looking at Sonic Generations.

It's just a dumb mentality where people can't imagine a bad 2D Sonic game or believe there can be a good 3D Sonic game, it's just all "DURR HURR SAWNEEK SUX EN THWEE DEE DEHY SHOOD MAEK ET TOO DEE LIEK BACK DEN WIT TEH NAWSTAWLJA AN ETS GEWD CUZ ET HAZ TEH LEWPZ AN CHECKURR BORED HEELZ LOLOLOL SAWNIK DUZUNT WURRK EN THWEE DEE CUZ AI HURRD DAT FRUM SUM GAI ON TEH INTERWEBZ""

Edited by CanofEpicSauce
  • Thumbs Up 4

It's just a dumb mentality where people can't imagine a bad 2D Sonic game or believe there can be a good 3D Sonic game, it's just all "DURR HURR SAWNEEK SUX EN THWEE DEE DEHY SHOOD MAEK ET TOO DEE LIEK BACK DEN WIT TEH NAWSTAWLJA AN ETS GEWD CUZ ET HAZ TEH LEWPZ AN CHECKURR BORED HEELZ LOLOLOL SAWNIK DUZUNT WURRK EN THWEE DEE CUZ AI HURRD DAT FRUM SUM GAI ON TEH INTERWEBZ""

I'm sorry, but thats kinda hard for me to read ^^;

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 2

I believe it translates to "Sonic sucks in 3D they should make it 2D like back then with the nostalgia and it's good 'cause it has the loops and checkerboard hills. Sonic does not work in 3D 'cause I heard that from some guy on the interwebz."

Gah I've talked to people who actually type like that WAY too much. -_-

• Thumbs Up 3

I think Colors, as a game, is better than Unleashed. However, a more consistent Unleashed would be preferred.

Edited by Dissident

I'm sorry, but thats kinda hard for me to read ^^;

Allow this man to decipher this language known as Trollspeak

europe_2005.1129035600.104_-_i_like_touching_hieroglyphics.jpg

"DURR HURR SAWNEEK SUX EN THWEE DEE DEHY SHOOD MAEK ET TOO DEE LIEK BACK DEN WIT TEH NAWSTAWLJA AN ETS GEWD CUZ ET HAZ TEH LEWPZ AN CHECKURR BORED HEELZ LOLOLOL SAWNIK DUZUNT WURRK EN THWEE DEE CUZ AI HURRD DAT FRUM SUM GAI ON TEH INTERWEBZ"

Translates to

"Durr hurr, Sonic sucks in 3D, they should make it 2D like back then with the nostalgia and it's good 'cause it has the loops and checkerboard hills LOLOL. Sonic doesn't work in 3D 'cause I heard that from some guy on the internet"

• Thumbs Up 2

Allow this man to decipher this language known as Trollspeak

europe_2005.1129035600.104_-_i_like_touching_hieroglyphics.jpg

"DURR HURR SAWNEEK SUX EN THWEE DEE DEHY SHOOD MAEK ET TOO DEE LIEK BACK DEN WIT TEH NAWSTAWLJA AN ETS GEWD CUZ ET HAZ TEH LEWPZ AN CHECKURR BORED HEELZ LOLOLOL SAWNIK DUZUNT WURRK EN THWEE DEE CUZ AI HURRD DAT FRUM SUM GAI ON TEH INTERWEBZ"

Translates to

"Durr hurr, Sonic sucks in 3D, they should make it 2D like back then with the nostalgia and it's good 'cause it has the loops and checkerboard hills LOLOL. Sonic doesn't work in 3D 'cause I heard that from some guy on the internet"

*Plays Tikal's theme while reading post* ^_^

Anyway, I'm hoping Generations answers many questions as to what the best of both games can provide since Sonic Colors was only able to answer part of it. It really was lacking a sense of spark for the long run, and almost felt like a stopgap of sorts leading up to Generations. Unleashed actually made me feel, for a moment, that it truly was the best modern game thus far when I got up to Chun-nan for the first time, and heard the music in the background and everything.

I can tell that Sonic Team were still learning when making Sonic Colors and Unleashed. Colors was an acknowledgement of what didn't work quite well in Unleashed, but also lacked in other areas. These areas can be seen, in some ways, as fixed in the footage we have for Generations with a combination of a better button map system with gameplay similar to unleashed.

In the long run, if Sonic Colors isn't remembered as the game to beat all previous Sonic games, that it will be seen in retrospect as a SA2 Trial demo of sorts. A game that offered a preview of what was learned, and what will continue to be improved upon in future endeavors.

...Can I make this my signature?

• Thumbs Up 1

This is just an observation I have made, and mind you it is not true in all cases and I could be totally wrong, but I find that people who usually like Sonic CD also like Colors, and those that disliked CD disliked Colors. When I was playing Colors before most others were, my thoughts on the title was that it felt like a mixture between Unleashed and Sonic CD so...

I was a bit of afraid to comment on this as I can see some meaningless argument start about this, when a lot of the complaints come from personal taste as opposed to legit problems and the whole "blahwhine Sonic is a platformer first, whineblah Sonic is a speeding rush" when both are true statements and there's titles that go in different directions.

This is just an observation I have made, and mind you it is not true in all cases and I could be totally wrong, but I find that people who usually like Sonic CD also like Colors, and those that disliked CD disliked Colors. When I was playing Colors before most others were, my thoughts on the title was that it felt like a mixture between Unleashed and Sonic CD so..

Ironically CD is one of my most hated titles, while Colours in return is one of my favourites. XD; But I can see where you are coming from, the titles are quite similar to one another, since they share more of a focus on speed and exploration than other titles in the series... I just happen to believe that one of them wasn't a complete and utter mess. 8D

Ironically CD is one of my most hated titles, while Colours in return is one of my favourites. XD; But I can see where you are coming from, the titles are quite similar to one another, since they share more of a focus on speed and exploration than other titles in the series... I just happen to believe that one of them wasn't a complete and utter mess. 8D

• Thumbs Up 1

Ironically CD is one of my most hated titles, while Colours in return is one of my favourites.

I agree with Colors bringing an unadulterated experience. Ever since SA2(at least Big was optional), 3d Sonic always had an annoying thing that just didn't make completly enjoyable. Sonic 4 also had this for Home Consoles, presumably Gen continues with that.

Edited by ChikaBoing

Because Sonic Colors changed a lot of things(New Voice Cast,No deep story,focus on platforming)and most Sonic fans hate change unfortunately :unsure:

This is just an observation I have made, and mind you it is not true in all cases and I could be totally wrong, but I find that people who usually like Sonic CD also like Colors, and those that disliked CD disliked Colors. When I was playing Colors before most others were, my thoughts on the title was that it felt like a mixture between Unleashed and Sonic CD so...

Sonic CD is one of my fav. titles in the Sonic series, as is Unleashed.

Now, I don't hate Colours, but I don't see the connection you're mentioning.

Maybe it's just me.

I actually really enjoyed Colors as a game. At first, yeah I was a bit disappointed. But I just decided to appreciate it for what it is, an improvement over the Unleashed formula. It did seem to take some cues from the classics, but at the same time kind of doing its own thing. I hope they'll improve the formula and maybe make the slower platforming sections more like the classics for the 2D and the Adventure games for 3D. That is what I think will make this formula amazing. Colors is a step in the right direction, and really, that's all I ask from it. The game's weaknesses for me are the story (just my taste), music (not as good as previous soundtracks), and the lack of good replay value.

I love both CD and colors, though I can defenitly not deny the flaws in Sonic CD people are pointing out.

• Thumbs Up 1

i remember that i was so excited the first day i played colors, but as i was playing, sometimes, i felt empty, like okay is good platformer game but i don't feel like I'm playing a sonic game. When a completed the game i thought to me "am i still a sonic fan", because i didn't felt the same way like when i was playing unleashed, but then i realized that was colors that didn't have that special thing and that i was still a fan, because until this day i still play unleashed(the day levels).I still think colors is a good game and it should not be forgotten, but i continue to play more unleashed than colors.Right now i'm curious to see what generations is gonna feel like.