Awoo.

Sonic Colors

Dummy Bear

I don't think so, have you read the other posts in this Thread?

Yes, but what the heck does that have to do with what I think of the game?

• Thumbs Up 1

I must be the only person ever that still has loads of fun with it.

I'm also sick of hearing the words "tame", or "safe". Just when the gameplay-invading gimmicks have been rid of...

I still love it, dude.

• Thumbs Up 3

Me too. And even more than that I'm looking more forward to those Sonic 1 and 2 demo tracks we were promised.

I haven't played it, but Colors is notable to me for being the only 3D Sonic game to come out in a decade that genuinely interested me before release and still interests me long after. It's probably not a great game, but I'd get it someday.

I don't care about Generations at all though.

Wait how are you interested in colors more exactly? I'm not bashing on your opinion but the game is like 90% 2d. Generations 3d sections are far more prevalent and fun. The game already looks like it's 3d gameplay has improved On colors tremendously! Why would you get that over generations if to you, you know it's not a great game?

I actually laughed at the words "tame" and "safe" used as criticism. Sonic fans are something else lol. Scar nailed it pages ago. Colors was neccesary to make gamers as a whole respect the franchise again. It also brought back interest from former fans. Before colors the last console game I owned was Heroes. I havent been missing out on much.

To answer the question Im logging in nearly 100 hours and dont find it boring. I swear aquarium park accounts for at least

30 of them lol.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yes, but what the heck does that have to do with what I think of the game?

I dunno I just think it's factually different than Unleashed in a lot of factors...Statements about how the Level Design is constructed isn't an opinion.

I dunno I just think it's factually different than Unleashed in a lot of factors...Statements about how the Level Design is constructed isn't an opinion.

It's the same basic premise as the Unleashed stages, but executed totally differently. Yeah, they aren't really alike.

And where did I say anything about the level design?

I still love it, dude.

Ah, jolly good. For a while I was worried it was just me and Dissident. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, I will clarify that I love this game for giving Sonic positive light in the critics' eyes again, no denying that.

No one ever said they hated it, its a good game. We just find flaws in it is all.

EDIT: Why the hell was I thinking of myself as Yahtzee when I typed this?

I just imagine you saying that in super speed without stopping. :D

Now serious,yes its true the game plays it safe and I also think is the unleashed gameplay with power ups(only a lot of 2d parts and few 3d ones), and I think that the games really is good but as almost everyone said I also lost a little interest in the game after complete it, but I still play it sometimes and have fun with it just not the same fun as unleashed its not that I have more fun with unleashed I just think its a different kind of fun.

One note about colors being short, I remember when unleashed released a lot of people complained about the werehog levels and said that a sonic game should be only the day levels,even if it meant the game being more short.Its not my personal opinion, but I just think that its a little weird that so many people are now complaining about colors length.And I also think we a got a reasonable sized game for the time of its development(at least I think they started creating colors after black knight and thats about a year and a half).

Edited by redhellc

One note about colors being short, I remember when unleashed released a lot of people complained about the werehog levels and said that a sonic game should be only the day levels,even if it meant the game being more short.Its not my personal opinion, but I just think that its a little weird that so many people are now complaining about colors length.And I also think we a got a reasonable sized game for the time of its development(at least I think they started creating colors after black knight and thats about a year and a half).

I think people were considering it in terms of the amount of day content you get from both secret levels AND DLC too. Also the fact that the post-story experience in Colours had way less things to do than Unleashed.

EDIT: Oh, although I can say had Colours been on par with Unleashed for "fun-ness" for me, I wouldn't have minded the length at all.

Edited by JezMM

I had the game on the other day and I was ashamed .... at myself for forgetting how good it actually is :)

Everyone used to complain about no Super Sonic in all stages, and when we finally get it, no one says anything.

Thank you again SEGA, you proved the Wii can do a great looking and fun Sonic game

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't forget me!!

Lol, conveniently timed posts.

It's not that I'm blind and don't see flaws - everything has flaws. I just happen to really appreciate the game, that's all. And I'm looking forward to Generations as well. :)

I just happen to really appreciate the game, that's all. And I'm looking forward to Generations as well. :)

ME TOO~!

Oh, and why is it that the three other unnecessary 2D acts haven't been mentioned yet? If anything, that filler would've been more appropriate for DLC.

I'm in before anyone says that the filler was just to make the game longer, which it does.

Not really Boring just close to... not fun >.<

If there were more Good 3D acts i would of considered playing it again.

The only time i play it is to play the final boss again tbh XD

And where did I say anything about the level design?

Gamewise, I think Colors is what happens when you take just the Daytime stages in Sonic and add a number of power-ups.

To me when your giving a description about the gameplay, your also talking about Level Design. If not, then ok.

• Thumbs Up 1

I watched some gameplay videos on Youtube, I didn't know Disney made a Sonic game.

I atleast played the game first before I stated my problems with it.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 1