Awoo.

Favorite Sonic Cartoon?

Segakid

I liked X, seeing as it's the only one I've watched. I don't like or dislike Chris.

Sonic SatAM is my favorite. Not a perfect show by any means, and I don't watch it (or any of the Sonic shows) anymore, but it was a lot better than most shows at the time, and I think it had slightly better writing and characterization than anything that came before or after it.

To tell the truth, I don't even remember knowing about two seprate shows in the 90s. The only one I remember anything from is the SatAM cartoon, which I remember I loved watching and it more or less got me into Sonic to begin with. I really like Sonic X (Japanese version) and the OVA was really good as well. Sonic Underground ... well, it was a show but I didn't like it much at all. I only watched it at the time because there was nothing else on television that was interesting to me.

The OVA even though I only watched recently I really enjoyed it.

Sonic X is a close second, I really liked it when it first came out but I found it less interesting as years passed.

I found SatAM and underground fun but I never finished them.

i have yet to watch Adventures

AOSTH and the OVA.

AOSTH is so witty and gets my approval for the best Sonic cartoon. I didn't grow up with it, but I've seen various clips and episodes all over the internet, and it's fantastic.

I liked the OVA as I loved seeing Metal Sonic in action, and it was brilliant when Metal Sonic was burning in the lava and the real Sonic attempts to save him, but Metal neglects and claims there sould only be one Sonic in the world. I'd love to see more emotional moments in the games as well, there hasn't been too many lately.

I really hate Sonic X though. I guess the Adventure-based episodes was alright, but that stupid kid Chris always had to butt in. Why did the directors love him so much?

I still dream of a CGI Sonic TV series or movie. It needs to happen at some point.

The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.

Sure Tails discolor annoyed me to no end but it making me laugh and doing some crazy and random things within the show made me love it at first sight.

• 4 weeks later...

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. I loved the hilarious battles between Sonic, Tails, Grounder and Scratch. I wish SEGA would use Grounder and Scratch as bosses in Sonic games.

SATAM sonic was just as cool with the darker story.

I didn't mind Sonic X, personally. I don't even hate Chris, although I do hate how he stole the spotlight at times, specifically during the Adventure and Adventure 2 adaptations. I like SATam, even with it's flaws (in retrospect, I have to agree with Mega about Robotnik being rather boring in this and the other 90s cartoons). I'm thinking about rewatching it one of these days.

Ultimately, the Sonic cartoon I love the most happens to be the OVA. I would love to see another series like it, perhaps with even more elements from the games like Rings and Chaos Emeralds, that sort of thing. I liked the concept of Sonic's world in that game being a sort of post-apocalyptic version of our world...or, at least, that seems to be the implications of Robotnik's base down below clearly being an abandoned human city. I think that's how it's supposed to be interpreted, I might be wrong. They don't really make it clear, which is for the best, I suppose.

Sonic SatAM.. I love the slang, voices, character design, world, music..

Sonic Underground would've been a contender, but I can't stand Sonia's voice..

I've yet to watch much Sonic X in Japanese, but I find the English one pretty annoying..

AoStH is definitely my favourite. It was just so carefree and light spirited and I almost felt like I was having fun whilst watching it. And some of the lines have just stuck with me like "Let's speed keed" and "Let's juice" and I loved Robotnik and Scratch and Grounder. Basically every episode made me smile in some way. It was so lovingly over the top as a cartoon (in my opinion) should be. Oh and Jaleel White is the coolest man in the universe.

Everything except for SatAM. Why? Because it started the clusterfuck of OOCs, couples, and pointless drama known as The Archie Sonic Comics.

I especially adore AoStH, because of its fluent animation.

I gotta say, AoStH, despite it's slapstick humor which is something Sonic was never really known for, it was darn entertaining. Beyond that, the only other animation I might mention is the OVA. Sonic Underground was too embarrassing to watch and while I always did enjoy SatAM, I can't deny it's excessive drama. It's a different take on Sonic, to be fair. It just doesn't mesh with the take on Sonic in my own mind.

No preference when it comes to the cartoons. AOSTH is too strange, and wouldn't be worth watching if not for Dr. Robotnik's super silly potrayal. Sonic Underground had terrible singing in every episode and a WEIRD story. SatAM was okay, but both the acting and writing was a bit too cheesy at times, even for me. "Scootin' and rootin'" ...really?

Then there's the two animes. The movie was pretty freakin weird too. Couple that with terrible voice performance and awkward translations... and that bizzare "Everybody get Sonic!" ending... what the hell?

Guess Sonic X is the least strange out of all of them. But I didn't see past the Sonic Adventure 2 arc though ( Didn't finish it either though... also I watched the Japanese Dub. )

Oh geez, I forgot about Sonic X! Honestly.. I wish that project had been handled better. I was smitten during the first half of the first episode. I thought, "Wow, this is going to be the animation we've been waiting for." Then after that.. what they basically did was put Sonic in the most mundane environments and situations. Definitely not what I was hoping for.

The Sonic OVA and Japanese Sonic X are my personal favorites. I also love Night of the Werehog, but I'm not sure if that counts... I kinda liked AoSTH too, but I just like the OVA and X a bit more. I don't really like SatAM and Underground, though.

Edited by Spider-Man Noir

I have yet to watch all of the OVA, so I can't say much about it. I'll just list my favourite cartoon series from best to worst:

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog

I liked this for its wacky, random humour and a continuity that didn't try to stray too far from the games. Of course, the show is not as much about Sonic as it is about Dr. Robotnik and his cronies. I'll admit, I wouldn't like it anywhere near as much if it wasn't for him, in all his Milton Knight-designed glory. The show's gaffes (intentional or not) and nonsense never fails to entertain.

Sonic Satam

This is alright as a TV show, (Though I haven't watched many episodes) but I don't like it outside of being a TV show, if that makes any sense. I don't like how it's more of a general "Nature vs. Technology" story than anything much to do with Sonic. (I wouldn't mind as much, if it wasn't a Sonic TV series) Not only that, but I don't think much of the Archie comics, which were based off the Satam universe. (Why couldn't they have based it off of the games?) and I don't like some of the people who seem to think it's more than what it is.

(I remember reading an article written by one of these 'Sonic is doomed' fanatics, who attempted to explain why sonic was good back in the day, and why it sucks now. Basically he casually dismissed the mega drive titles and said how great Satam was instead. Then he said how nowadays, sonic is "a whiny, emo, retarded loser". He probably never played a Sonic game in his life)

Sonic Underground

I hate Underground and X about the same. I'll express my hate for underground first.

Basically, it's not a Sonic TV Series. Never in the games was Sonic a prince. Never did he have a brother and sister who were part of a band with him. never was he in search for his mother. Never did Robotnik have these two mutant things acting as his minions instead of robots. (why didn't they go all the way and call him Dr. MutantThingnik?) It's obvious that DiC were just making a cartoon with original characters when Sega commissioned them to make a Sonic TV series, so DiC just changed their existing cartoon to have Sonic in it. and maybe that's when they added the stupid rock band thing.

Sonic X

Now, I've not watched much of this at all. This is what I have to say.

I've never liked dubbed Anime shows based on a license. (Toys and games at least) In fact, I rarely watch Anime at all. The fact that they change this show so that it suffers from the same basic problem as Satam and Underground (Doesn't try to be like the games) really doesn't help.

But a lot of the time Sonic & Co. are obscured by this berk we all know as Chris, to the extent it may as well be "Chris Thorndyke and chums" which may be something that would work, if they tried to make him a bit interesting. If they wanted to have a human character interact or be friends with a significantly interesting bunch of characters, as a way so that the viewer can relate to him or otherwise, surely they could have prevented him from being a spoilt rich kid who doesn't even try to get people to like him.

So that's my $0.02.