Awoo.

What's with all the Seven things.

Tobbii

Seriously, am I the only one who's getting annoyed at the constant use of "7" whenever there's some new mystical thing in the Sonic games?

We have the 7 Chaos Emeralds, okay sure, then there's...

7 Super Emeralds.

7 Time Stones.

7 Sol Emeralds.

7 Secret Rings.

7 Coloured Wisps. (Nega Wisps are corrupted so those can't really count.)

The reason it bothers me is that it seems it stops the series from doing somethnig original, there's almost always 7 Zones now to fit the 7 Whatever.

Is this just me, or do you people agree?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

This isn't the first game in history, or series to feature number 7. Number 7 seems to be everywhere, just like the seven dragonballs from Dragon Ball Z and the seven Cristal Stars from Paper Mario (Just to set a few examples). I don't really see it changing anytime soon, considering it's a norm for a lot of games and things. You know, it's sorta like not too much nor too little.

Seriously, am I the only one who's getting annoyed at the constant use of "7" whenever there's some new mystical thing in the Sonic games?

7 Super Emeralds.

7 Time Stones.

7 Sol Emeralds.

7 Secret Rings.

The reason it bothers me is that it seems it stops the series from doing somethnig original, there's almost always 7 Zones now to fit the 7 Whatever.

Is this just me, or do you people agree?

The original amount of Chaos Emeralds at Sonic 1 in the game(not the actually story) was 6. :P

But yes. Since then they always use 7.

I gues they want to stay at their routes. And.. 7 is a luck number anyways. :P

I know it's a lucky number, I just think it's getting dull, especially when it limits the amount of stages you get to play.

Edit: I know they were six in Sonic 1 + Sonic 2 MS/GG, I was considering writing that first but I figured everyone knew it. :3

Edited by Tobbii
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

What about the fire wisp from the DS version? He appears in one of the CG cutscenes if I remember right. That would make eight, ignoring the nega wisps. c:

What about the fire wisp from the DS version? He appears in one of the CG cutscenes if I remember right. That would make eight, ignoring the nega wisps. c:

I havn't played the Ds version yet, but okay... Well... The White Wisp is technically not a Colour Power. :P

Properly speaking the whisps thing doesn't count. :P There were fortuity 8 Whisps - White Whisp = 7 Whisps.

7 Dragonballs, Super Saiyan/Super Sonic malarky?

I know that's what began it all, I'm asking why it's still the standard for all new things.

That looks pretty good, actually. I'll have to check it out.

7 feels synonymous to Sonic for me. It's like... his number, or something

Seven MacGuffins are fine.

Seven Zones are not. More dammit.

• Thumbs Up 3

Seven MacGuffins are fine.

I would say they are making a Zone from alomost each game: Sonic 1, 2, 3&Knuckles; SA1+2; Sonic 06; Colors; Unleashed; (maybe Heros.. I don't know...)

This are at least 8 Zones. :P

It seems like Sonic Team and Bungie are more alike than we thought. :lol:

Edited by MobileChikane
  • Thumbs Up 1

I would say they are making a Zone from alomost each game: Sonic 1, 2, 3&Knuckles; SA1+2; Sonic 06; Colors; Unleashed; (maybe Heros.. I don't know...)

This are at least 8 Zones. :P

I wasn't talking about Generations. I was talking about the games in general.

I wasn't talking about Generations. I was talking about the games in general.

Then you have to write what you actually want to wirte more detailed.

It was looking like a "future" senence though.

Didn't Sonic the Hedeghog 2 have more than seven zones, though? But that's an old game xD I don't know, if Sonic 2 had more than seven zones and still the same number of emeralds, why can't they make it more like that in future games? I haven't played newer ones, though.

Didn't Sonic the Hedeghog 2 have more than seven zones, though? But that's an old game xD I don't know, if Sonic 2 had more than seven zones and still the same number of emeralds, why can't they make it more like that in future games? I haven't played newer ones, though.

That's exactly the point. Sonic 2 and S3&K had way more than seven zones despite maintaining seven (or fourteen in the latter's case) emeralds. The recent 2D games, as great as they are, always have six-seven zones, which falls a bit flat for me. I realise that a game's length can eventually be redundant, but I like to feel like I've come a long way.

Then you have to write what you actually want to wirte more detailed.

It was looking like a "future" senence though.

...That's great and all, but I kind of thought it was obvious seeing how I never said "Generations".

...That's great and all, but I kind of thought it was obvious seeing how I never said "Generations".

About general neither? :huh:

But lets get over with and don't start flaming.^^

7 Super Emeralds.

Which are basically the Chaos Emeralds but super powered.

7 Time Stones.

Different planet, different set of mystical gems.

7 Sol Emeralds.

Parallel dimension, corresponding set of Emeralds.

7 Secret Rings.

No argument there.

Are you forgetting the DS-exclusive Fire Wisp?

Mario is just as guilty. Koopalings (excluding Bowser Jr.), Star Spirits (Paper Mario) and Crystal Stars (Thousand Year Door) come to mind.

About general neither? :huh:

But lets get over with and don't start flaming.^^

I meant that since I never mentioned Generations specifically (or any other specific Sonic game), I thought it was clear that I was talking about any game we get in the future.

And... I'm not flaming. Flaming is angry ranting and bashing. Here I'm merely puzzled and not really getting why a simple sentence would confuse someone else so largely.

Anyways, I liked that Colours' story didn't actually involve the Emeralds. While I don't have anything against them, I do think that they can limit Sonic plot ideas.

Mario is just as guilty. Koopalings (excluding Bowser Jr.), Star Spirits (Paper Mario) and Crystal Stars (Thousand Year Door) come to mind.

Don't forget the Koopaling's wands from SMB3, or the Yoshi Eggs from Super Mario World, or the vaguely titled Seven Stars from SMRPG.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to confess that I never liked the Koopalings and never understood what's so special about them. The repetitive and mindless Bowser Jr. hating doesn't do my opinion of them any favours.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

Don't forget the Koopaling's wands from SMB3, or the Yoshi Eggs from Super Mario World, or the vaguely titled Seven Stars from SMRPG.

I also forgot to mention Kirby who is just as guilty. In Kirby's Dreamland 2, you have to collect the seven Rainbow Drops to form the Rainbow Sword and defeat Dark Matter.

7 is the number of completion, after all.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to confess that I never liked the Koopalings and never understood what's so special about them. The repetitive and mindless Bowser Jr. hating doesn't do my opinion of them any favours.

You better size=1 and put a strike through that. You'll upset the Ludwig and Wendy fans, even though I'm partial towards Lemmy myself.

Edited by Preston

It seems like Sonic Team and Bungie are more alike than we thought. :lol:

Thank you!

Really nobody got the 7 joke at all?! Its like Bungie's favorite number they incorprate it into everything they make.