Awoo.

What's Your #1 3d Level

lounge

Sky deck. I actually like any level similar to wing forretress zone. I mean, levels where you don't feel like Eggman built a track through his base, just so sonic could run through on a linear path.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperStingray

• Tombi

• SuperLink

• lounge

I absolutely adored the Grand Metropolis Zone from Sonic Heroes, especially when playing as Team Rose.

First of all, the background music in that level was very cheerful, uplifting and soothing.

Second of all, the layout and design of the level itself reminded me of Coruscant from Star Wars. (i.e. an urban centre with very tall buildings, and various hovercrafts zooming back and forth across the sky.)

Yup. 100% of my love goes to the Grand Metropolis Zone. Definitely. 'Nuff said.

Final Rush - Sonic Adventure 2 provided some of the best newly designed variety of levels (which still haven't been matched today). One of these level that stick out the most is Final Rush. Yes there was the oh so common falls to your death moments, but this provoked you to stay on your toes and watch where you were going.

Also grinding was a major mode of transportation here, but that didn't effect the value of the level. Even while grinding you had to be careful and ever alert. Either there was a side path to take mid grind, or you could do a homing attack on an enemy to get to a new section while grinding. The point is while grinding was majorly used here, you always had options to take (you just had to be careful not to fall while taking them). You could even skip parts of the level by jumping of a rail and falling downward toward another rail far below.

The point is the level provided a lot of variety, and multiple paths, not to mention some fast sections while grinding. This is why I like this 3D level most of all, it uses grinding, not as a gimmick but as part of the level, and you always have to be on your toes and never think twice about your next move (or you'll end up a smear on the planet's atmosphere).

Edited by MilesDX

Yeah, I love Final Rush so much too, most of the reasons are explained on this page, so I don't need to anymore.

Also Shadow as a couple of stages I thought were awesome, GUN Fortress and Circus Park. They both have epic settings and music. The former has few pits, is pretty long without being tedious, has 2 great missions (hero you can run in typical Sonic fashion and challenge yourself to get a good run, dark is just like blow everything up), and a couple of alternate routes as well. Circus Park just feels like a really Sonicy level, and it has loads of level specific gimmicks and also high speed action, plus Eggman is just completely in character in this level and he's loving it.

Green Hill Zone from SA2 is easily one of my favourite 3D Sonic levels of all time, THIS is how 3D Sonic games should be! Bright, colourful, interesting to play, just everything is right with it. I wish they'd make a whole game of all the 2D Sonic games remade in 3D, that'd be awesome.

Hmm, this is kinda hard... :unsure: I might change my mind later but for now im gonna have to say, Emerald Coast from SA1. This stage helps to define Sonic and is for me one of the most memorable. It is also brilliantly designed and has awesome music! :D (Gaah! I feel like playing it now!)