Awoo.

Sonic Generations: PSN/XBL Demo

Marlbenos

A leak from Australia’s Classification Board hints that Sega will release a downloadable demo for Sonic Generations. The rating board inspected Sonic Generations (Demo) and deemed it acceptable for all-ages.

http://www.classification.gov.au/www/cob/find.nsf/3ee9cf339ddee09eca2575ca000be1e3/d437ba7b175c7225ca257888005d719a?OpenDocument

Looks like a demo may be here sooner than expected! I'd imagine it's just gonna be Green Hill zone, but nonetheless, very excited! :D

• Thumbs Up 2

Ooh awesome! I'm very excited for this, even though I don't expect to get it for a while still. And yeah, I agree it's probably just going to be Green Hill Zone, but I have no problems with that. I just want to play it! :)

Oh? Why would this be shown so early? Do demos for events (press only or otherwise) like E3 and such usually get rated?

I guess, I think it's more likely to be for a downloadable version though...Australia doesn't really have any major gaming expo's so if it were just for showcasing they'd probably just rate it for E3.

I can bet you they are going to put a demo up on June 23 since they aren't gonna make the release in time for Sonic's birthday and all.

Just making that claim right now.

• Thumbs Up 4

Very possible, 23rd is a Thursday this year and XBL Store and PSN usually update at some point during Wednesday/Thursday.....If PSN ever returns. XD

I can bet you they are going to put a demo up on June 23 since they aren't gonna make the release in time for Sonic's birthday and all.

Just making that claim right now.

I think a demo on June 23'rd is a bit early, I'm hoping for SA2 to hit XBLA/PSN on that day though, would be a great idea seeing as it celebrates 10 years on that day as well.

• Thumbs Up 4

I wonder if the demo would have both a Modern and Classic Green Hill act or just a Modern or Classic Act.

I think a demo on June 23'rd is a bit early, I'm hoping for SA2 to hit XBLA/PSN on that day though, would be a great idea seeing as it celebrates 10 years on that day as well.

That would actually be pretty rad. I think Sonic Adventure 2 should have been on XBLA/PSN a long time ago, though. And I don't see why a Sonic Generations demo would be so early. If I'm not mistaken (and I very well may be) other games have had demos released relatively early.

Besides, looking at the gameplay, the game is at a fairly solid build, gameplay-wise at least. Green Hill Zone was said to be finished completely, too. Not that they can't change a few things, but you get the idea.

I'd definitely love a demo on the 23rd, but I agree that it's probably too early. I'm slightly optimistic though, we'll get to play it eventually after all. ;)

Heck, I want a demo now. I see no reason they can't release it early.

That would actually be pretty rad. I think Sonic Adventure 2 should have been on XBLA/PSN a long time ago, though. And I don't see why a Sonic Generations demo would be so early. If I'm not mistaken (and I very well may be) other games have had demos released relatively early.

Besides, looking at the gameplay, the game is at a fairly solid build, gameplay-wise at least. Green Hill Zone was said to be finished completely, too. Not that they can't change a few things, but you get the idea.

Maybe, but demos don't often arrive 4-5 months prior to release.

Joystiq has made an interesting observation...

it's unusual for most game rating organizations to assign a rating to an individual demo. Ratings are usually reserved only for individual retail products. One possible implication is that the demo could (could, mind you) be a paid product of some sort, or perhaps bundled with an upcoming Sega game.

Does Sega have anything due out shortly for release?

Don't think so, unless my SA2 XBLA/PSN hopes are true.

*quote*

The article in question btw.

Though Sonic's new outing Sonic Generations may still be a ways off, it looks like we may get an early double dose of hedgehog. Sega is planning to release a demo of the game, according to Australia's Classification Board, which recently awarded the demo a family-friendly G rating.

It would seem like good news for Sonic fans, though it's unusual for most game rating organizations to assign a rating to an individual demo. Ratings are usually reserved only for individual retail products. One possible implication is that the demo could (could, mind you) be a paid product of some sort, or perhaps bundled with an upcoming Sega game.

As much as I REALLY want a demo ASAP, I doubt it will come this early. Aren't demos supposed to represent the final game? If SEGA is working on refining the game as much as possible, then it might be a bit unwise to put an incomplete demo on the services (unless they plan to update it around the time the game goes gold).

I would seriously love to be proven wrong though. A demo on June 23rd (or hell, even earlier) would be extremely awesome.

Edited by Gamerguy21
  • Thumbs Up 1

As much as I REALLY want a demo ASAP, I doubt it will come this early. Aren't demos supposed to represent the final game? If SEGA is working on refining the game as much as possible, then it might be a bit unwise to put an incomplete demo on the services (unless they plan to update it around the time the game goes gold).

I would seriously loved to be proven wrong though. A demo on June 23rd (or hell, even earlier) would be extremely awesome.

Sonic 2006's demo was better than the final game. :P

• Thumbs Up 9

I would seriously love to be proven wrong though. A demo on June 23rd (or hell, even earlier) would be extremely awesome.

I gues it will be GHZ if there will be a demo. And I am pretty sure they are already finished with GHZ.

In all probability they are already seaching for bugs - fix them and tuning this game a bit. ^^

Sonic games get other languages besides english and japanese. They have to do the voice acting as well.

Edited by Ovi Kintobor 244

I gues it will be GHZ if there will be a demo. And I am pretty sure they are already finished with GHZ.

In all probability they are already seaching for bugs - fix them and tuning this game a bit. ^^

I was talking about bugs within the game engine itself, not exclusively within Green Hill Zone.

Sonic 2006's demo was better than the final game. :P

Sadly you are right. :(

• Thumbs Up 1