Awoo.

Sonic Generations: PSN/XBL Demo

Marlbenos

[Outline of the Trial -

Version Xbox 360]

Delivery period: 12 May 23 - July 6 (Free membership will begin from June 30 delivery)

Admission: Free

HDD space required: 653MB

Version PS3]

Delivery period: Start date TBD Delivery delivery ending July 12

Edited by ENVY
  • Thumbs Up 2

I don't mind too much about the fact that it's classic only; I just thought they would possibly give M. Sonic a City Escape demo in the future, since that stage is, well, better.

Surely there's a way to get around the timer? How does the demo know when it's July 12th?

Surely there's a way to get around the timer? How does the demo know when it's July 12th?

I'm still going to be grateful for this demo and will download it of course, but the looks of this demo is just...disappointing. If they put Modern Sonic in it and has this trial then I don't mind, but not able to experience Modern game play in Generations...it's just sad to me. I want to play Modern Green Hill.

Fingers cross that Sega may pull our leg and Green Hill Act 2 is an unlockable within the demo.

• Thumbs Up 2

For those of you who were asking if you need Gold to download demos, no. I believe you can still do it with Silver. I downloaded Sonic 4 on its release date with Silver.

I remember downloading the Sonic '06 demo while the Xbox Live Marketplace had it available, and after they removed it from the Marketplace I was still able to play it. I think they just meant July 12th is the last day you can download it. :unsure:

Also, I'm hoping for Modern Sonic to be playable as well. Either way, I can't wait.

• Thumbs Up 1

[Outline of the Trial -

Version Xbox 360]

Delivery period: 12 May 23 - July 6 (Free membership will begin from June 30 delivery)

HDD space required: 653MB

Glad to know the file size isn't over 1GB. I should be able to play this just fine without it interfering with my other games on my HDD.

Think of it like this; if it included both classic and modern, they'd be letting you have an entire world for free (which is essentially what each of the remakes in sonic generations are, IMO). Wouldn't that be a too-large chunk of the game to simply give out for free?

There's no way around the expiration timer. It just knows. As already mentioned, publishers have done it before with demos. Movie rentals on PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Marketplace work the same, even when you're offline.

They confirmed the worlds would have multiple acts, so they really wouldn't really be giving a world for free if they included modern sonic.

Think of it like this; if it included both classic and modern, they'd be letting you have an entire world for free (which is essentially what each of the remakes in sonic generations are, IMO). Wouldn't that be a too-large chunk of the game to simply give out for free?
  • Thumbs Up 3

So one classic level takes up 653 MB? I would've thought you could get more than one level with that. The Sonic Unleashed demo was only 186.51 MB

Maybe we get City Escape as the modern level, and they're just keeping it a secret? SA2 came out as an anniversary game too.

Well, as soon as someone puts the demo up on Megaupload or something I'm burning it to a disc.

Not in the vain hope that it will work forever, I just want to be able to line the Trial up on my shelf because I'm weird like that, and to carry on the tradition from SA2.

The demo expiration is a huge bummer, but I'm just grateful they're doing this in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 2

most people want to see how modern plays in this game, so it would probably be better if it was modern rather than classic.

Personally I would've gone with both, but If I had to chose I'd go with Modern, if only because we're more concerned with how he'll play than classic.

Classic-only and expiration date killed a ton of excitement I had for this demo. I was hoping that I would be able to play around with both Sonics (especially since that's basically the main selling point of the game) with an unlimited demo. I understand if they want to take it off PSN/XBL after 20 days due to its beta state, but why not just let the people who already downloaded it keep it? They most likely understand that it's still a work in progress.

Anyway, I'm gonna remain hopeful and hope that we (people who couldn't attend E3, SB, or SoS) get to test out Modern Sonic at some point during the summer. Maybe it'll secretly be unlockable in the demo or maybe we'll be able to download a Modern demo for 20 days once the Classic demo expires. I can actually picture Sega doing something like the latter, since it would allow them to specifically get feedback for Classic and Modern gameplay separately rather than having a mixture of feedback coming in at the same time. Either way, it'll still be fun to test out C.Sonic tomorrow. Just not as fun as it could have been it Sega hadn't decided to put at these restrictions on it.

Edited by Gamerguy21