Awoo.

Sonic Generations: PSN/XBL Demo

Marlbenos

Personally I would've gone with both, but If I had to chose I'd go with Modern, if only because we're more concerned with how he'll play than classic.

Question- I know you need Gold to get it on XBox on the 23rd, but is it the same for PS3? Do you need 'Plus' to get it?

I don't care who it is, I just want a free demo for a game I like the look of.

Question- I know you need Gold to get it on XBox on the 23rd, but is it the same for PS3? Do you need 'Plus' to get it?
Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't care who it is, I just want a free demo for a game I like the look of.

I doubt it, but won't you still have PSN+ from the welcome back thing anyway?

I just don't get it...from ALL the gameplay vids we've seen (E3, Sonic Boom, etc) Modern Sonic was in it, and they randomly take him out???!!

angry_man1.jpg

WHAT THE HELL SEGA!!!

• Thumbs Up 6

I just don't get it...from ALL the gameplay vids we've seen (E3, Sonic Boom, etc) Modern Sonic was in it, and they randomly take him out???!!

Maybe theres a bug in that particular stage and they want to fix it before release?

Much like how the demo of City Escape also had a serious bug in it which is why it hasn't been on public release?

Wait I HAVE to be sure. Where did they say you needed XBox Gold in order to download this tomorrow?

http://www.tssznews.com/2011/06/22/new-details-generations-demo-dies-after-20-days-only-classic-sonic-playable/

What’s more, once downloaded, players can’t demo away until the game’s release. The Generations demo will only be available until July 12th, at which point it will no longer be available…including for players who already downloaded. The file will essentially lock itself. That’s especially important since XBOX Live Gold members are the only ones on the service to get the demo tomorrow; the rest will have to wait until next Thursday, June 30th.

Edited by KrazyBean14

Eh. With that file size, they have to be pulling something. It wouldn't make sense for the file to be that large with only one feature included.

Maybe its going to lock the classic portion (on July 12th) and open up the modern portion afterward? That sounds way more reasonable.

Edited by o T a iIi lL sS

Maybe theres a bug in that particular stage and they want to fix it before release?

Much like how the demo of City Escape also had a serious bug in it which is why it hasn't been on public release?

But Green Hill Zone ran perfectly @ E3...no glitches whatsoever.

Edited by KrazyBean14

PSN outage? I hadn't even heard there was one. I don't use my PS3 very much, you see.

But free stuff? Count me in- especially if it means I can get my hands on the demo without paying for an 'upgraded' service.

PSN outage? I hadn't even heard there was one. I don't use my PS3 very much, you see.

But free stuff? Count me in- especially if it means I can get my hands on the demo without paying for an 'upgraded' service.

It made national news!

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 4

But Green Hill Zone runned perfectly @ E3...no glitches whatsoever.

It ran perfectly if your intention is to just play the game by just getting through it, however you know as well as I do that people will be trying any and everything to break the game.

Anyway... Another possability could be this...

20 years ago Sega released the green hill zone in 16 bit glory. 20 years later we're getting the green hill zone as we remembered it with a few twists here and there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh. With that file size, they have to be pulling something. It wouldn't make sense for the file to be that large with only one feature included.

Maybe its going to lock the classic portion (on July 12th) and open up the modern portion afterward? That sounds way more reasonable.

Tell me we're not actually complaining about a free demo for a game that we all seem to be looking forward to?

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't understand the complaining about it being a limited time really.

Don't you think you'd bored of playing the same damn demo for multiple weeks? Seriously.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tell me we're not actually complaining about a free demo for a game that we all seem to be looking forward to?
  • Thumbs Up 4

Even I can't say specifically say I'll play the demo more than two or three days.

Guess I'm not a 'true' Sonic fan. :P

And people can get download a PSone game from their 30-day PS+ thing and beat it in no-time, whereas I can or I can't but still want to play it again in future. Here now people are moaning about now being able to play a demo for more than 20 days when the full game will come out later.

Edited by Major Ziggy

I can handle the time limit, however saddening. I can handle only getting one half of the experience. What grates me is because I don't have the money at this moment to have Gold Membership to Xbox Live, I only get to have HALF the time with the demo everyone else does? Oh very smooth move Sega. Celebrate Sonic's birthday by punishing his fans for not having tons of cash. Some birthday celebration. Here I was actually excited for this blasted demo. That'll teach me.

Edited by TwinbeeMkII

I never thought I'd see the day.

BBAAWWWWWW BLACK EYES!!!