Awoo.

Sonic Generations: PSN/XBL Demo

Marlbenos

This demo will no longer work after July 12th? Wow that is disappointing, I may be going somewhere on June 30th for a family vacation and probably won't be back until after July 12th so that only gives me about 7 days to play the demo anyway, what a bummer. I wonder why Sega would do that?

Why put a 20 day limit on a one act, 3 minute demo? It seems rather pointless. I have to say, I'm very disapointed. I wanted to rape this demo like I did the SA2 trial disc.

• Thumbs Up 1

You don't need "tons of cash" to have a gold account.

In fact, it's basically one extra new game bought a year.

I'd think most gamers could spare that much.

So it expires after July 12th, huh? ...AT LEAST MS. SPLOSION MAN IS OUT ONE DAY LATER!

sposiondate2.jpg

I'm fucking ready.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can handle the time limit, however saddening. I can handle only getting one half of the experience. What grates me is because I don't have the money at this moment to have Gold Membership to Xbox Live, I only get to have HALF the time with the demo everyone else does? Oh very smooth move Sega. Celebrate Sonic's birthday by punishing his fans for not having tons of cash. Some birthday celebration. Here I was actually excited for this blasted demo. That'll teach me.

Edited by Hogfather

Why put a 20 day limit on a one act, 3 minute demo? It seems rather pointless. I have to say, I'm very disapointed. I wanted to rape this demo like I did the SA2 trial disc.

When you're struggling for food, games seem to take abit of a back seat. This demo was something I was really looking forward to, and Sega smashed it in my face like a boot.

Edited by pppp

When you're struggling for food, games seem to take abit of a back seat. This demo was something I was really looking forward to, and Sega smashed it in my face like a boot.

So it expires after July 12th, huh? ...AT LEAST MS. SPLOSION MAN IS OUT ONE DAY LATER!

sposiondate2.jpg

I'm fucking ready.

So let me get that straight: you're struggling to have money for food but have money for having internet and videogame consoles? i don't get it :mellow:

The console we've had for ages. As for the net, it's a combo with our phoneline for no real additional fee, and I need the phone for my job.

You have free internet? that's freakin awesome :o i wish i had that.is that a u.s. thing? we don't have anything like that in my country.i'm no computer super expert so maybe i'm missing something. well they say you can now get a gold membership for just 1£

Edited by pppp

Sorry for feeling blue (and not the spiny kind :P) Just hit me on the wrong kind of day you know? I'm gonna try and see the bright side of all this. Once the fans are done we'll have alot of new goodies to play with.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why is everyone saying "Fuck you, SEGA!" for the way Microsoft's Xbox Live Gold service works? All retail game demos are usually given to Xbox Live Gold members for the first week. It's most likely one of Microsoft's requirements with the service that third party publishers can't override, unlike Sony's PS Plus, where it seems publishers can opt to give a demo to that service before everyone else gets it.

• Thumbs Up 6

Why is everyone saying "Fuck you, SEGA!" for the way Microsoft's Xbox Live Gold service works? All retail game demos are usually given to Xbox Live Gold members for the first week. It's most likely one of Microsoft's requirements with the service that third party publishers can't override, unlike Sony's PS Plus, where it seems publishers can opt to give a demo to that service before everyone else gets it.

Because some Sonic fans are not happy unless they're moaning about something.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Bad Quality Post 1

It's not pointless, it's a chance for the fans to try out Classic Sonic gameplay for the first time in a long time and give Sega our feedback.

Sure, the demo is very nice of them. They didn't have to give us anything, but they did. It's the time limit that's the problem. They should just allow it to be downloaded up until the 12th, not just stop the demo from working on that date.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I HAVE to buy a Gold Membership in order to play the demo...

Fuck you SEGA.

Ehhhhh, not really. You just have to wait a week longer.

Isn't it kinda Micrsoft's fault considering they charge you in order to have proper online? I doubt SEGA willingly chose to screw over everyone who doesn't have/can't afford gold membership. Unless I'm mistaken obviously.

Sooo after 6 pages of this. I've came to the ultimate conclusion. You can't please everyone. <_<

We get a demo for a game that will eventually please us all. So shut up and deal with just classic sonic. Especially since Sega knows that's what most fans (retro) will be playing as. As for the modern group we'll just ride back seat this time. Oh well. Shut up and download the damn thing or just forget about the demo and go masturbate or something. Damn. And the timed demo thing. Not a problem. Think of it as they don't want you to spoil your appetite.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

I'm too lazy to search through this topic... so, when is this demo coming to XBLA? Tomorrow, right?

Edited by Stack Up

Sooo after 6 pages of this. I've came to the ultimate conclusion. You can't please everyone. <_<

We get a demo for a game that will eventually please us all. So shut up and deal with just classic sonic. Especially since Sega knows that's what most fans (retro) will be playing as. As for the modern group we'll just ride back seat this time. Oh well. Shut up and download the damn thing or just forget about the demo and go masturbate or something. Damn. And the timed demo thing. Not a problem. Think of it as they don't want you to spoil your appetite.

That part just made your comment from 'WIN' to 'EPIC WIN!' :D

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I'm too lazy to search through this topic... so, when is this demo coming to XBLA? Tomorrow, right?

Tomorrow if you have Gold.

Next week if you don't.

If you have a Gold Xbox Live Account then yes, it's tomorrow...if you don't then you have to wait for an extra week.

I'm actually suprised that people is upset that modern Sonic isn't playable in the demo. Before people have said that Generations should be all classic Sonic gameplay and that modern Sonic should be removed. I guess that means that even if Sega use classic Sonic again then people will still be unhappy.