Awoo.

Sonic Generations: PSN/XBL Demo

Marlbenos

Alright, thanks. Might go down-town and buy XBLA (I've been meaning to do so for a while), since I'm impatient.

I'm actually suprised that people is upset that modern Sonic isn't playable in the demo. Before people have said that Generations should be all classic Sonic gameplay and that modern Sonic should be removed. I guess that means that even if Sega use classic Sonic again then people will still be unhappy.

Where did you hear that?

Where did you hear that?

comments from other websites.

Edited by sonfan1984

Sooo after 6 pages of this. I've came to the ultimate conclusion. You can't please everyone. <_<

We get a demo for a game that will eventually please us all. So shut up and deal with just classic sonic. Especially since Sega knows that's what most fans (retro) will be playing as. As for the modern group we'll just ride back seat this time. Oh well. Shut up and download the damn thing or just forget about the demo and go masturbate or something. Damn. And the timed demo thing. Not a problem. Think of it as they don't want you to spoil your appetite.

after all the moaning we've done so far, i highly doubt this

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm actually suprised that people is upset that modern Sonic isn't playable in the demo. Before people have said that Generations should be all classic Sonic gameplay and that modern Sonic should be removed. I guess that means that even if Sega use classic Sonic again then people will still be unhappy.

I don't know about everyone else but I was not one of the people who wanted Modern Sonic kicked of the game.

I don't know about everyone else but I was not one of the people who wanted Modern Sonic kicked of the game.

I wasn't one of them either and was annoyed at people who would suggest that.

There will always be some element of Sonic games a coalition of haters will identify as something of a major problem. Sometimes, they are just; however, a lot of the time their frustration is misfired and anger is vented over very, very little, and we end up with massive interweb breakdowns over the most nigh-unfathomably ridiculous reasons.

Green eyes, purple rocks etc.

At any rate, on the one hand, I am dissapointed that I won't get to trial Modern Sonic. On the other hand...having a limited demo is better than no demo at all.

Edited by Facehugger

M...modern Sonic i-isn't... i-i-i-i-included?!

This saddens me immensely. Immensely.

*cries self to sleep*

I'm still going to download it anyway lol

At first, yeah I was pretty disappointed about the two bits of news (mainly due to the fact that I'm not around for the vast majority of the demo's life) but now I've had time to think about it, I'm still gonna be enjoying myself immensely with this demo, despite my short time with it and people going to SoS get the chance to sample Modern Sonic then, which is only 2 days away (though sorry for those of you who aren't going).

It's like...your Mum's cooking a big family meal and asks you to try a bit of the chicken to make sure it's been cooked enough.

So who all will be downloading the demo tomorrow and raping the shit out of it for as long as they can?

Can you imagine all the speedruns that will pop up on youtube?

So who all will be downloading the demo tomorrow and raping the shit out of it for as long as they can?

I'm planning on doing just that tomorrow. :D

i can imagine all the nitpicks and complains that it'll cause

but yea i'm lookin forward to the demo

Anyone know what time XBL updates, I don't suppose there's any chance of a midnight launch?

Listen from 0:15 - 0:36. He clearly says that the Sonic Generations demo will have Modern Sonic in it...OK, what is it SEGA? Is Modern Sonic in or not??

Edited by KrazyBean14

I doubt it, Sonic 4 didn't launch until around 9 or 10AM, I don't think.

I can see why people are disapponted at the lack of modern Sonic though, still. Personally, we've been playing Green Hill in 2D for twenty years now. I was all ready to play some epic dynamic 3D Green Hill.

Still can't wait though, and again, shame I have work at noon. >.<

Anyone know what time XBL updates, I don't suppose there's any chance of a midnight launch?

Xbox Live Marketplace usually updates between 11am and 12pm GMT and PS Store usually 4-5 hours after that, but this will be outside of the usual weekly updates, so it could pop up anytime.

Considering that's the guy who called a truck a gun in Sonic's world, I'll take what he's saying with a pinch of salt. :lol:

Considering that's the guy who called a truck a gun in Sonic's world, I'll take what he's saying with a pinch of salt. :lol:

That's not him...

Listen from 0:15 - 0:36. He clearly says that the Sonic Generations demo will have Modern Sonic in it...OK, what is it SEGA? Is Modern Sonic in or not??

Has it cross your mind that GameTrailers perhaps made a mistake?

Has it cross your mind that GameTrailers perhaps made a mistake?

Probably, that's why I'm confused. Well, tomorrow is creeping up...slowly...that is when all will be revealed.

Hmm... Did anyone mention that they are releasing a Demo today/tomorrow?

... Wait.. someone did?.. Oh well.. It's worth saying it again!!! :P *joke*

Can't wait for it! :3

That's not him...

Huh. Looks and sounds like him...then again I'm on an outdated computer that really kills youtube quality for some reason so that might be what made me think that.

ScrewAttack's Jared is citing Jim Sterling's Destructoid article, which is citing my TSS article, which doesn't mention Modern Sonic being in the demo. Jim for some reason said that it does feature Modern Sonic, and that's why Jared is reporting Modern Sonic.

So I heard you play as Classic Sonic in this. But I guess it's not a big deal, it's not like you guys wanted that or anything.

• Thumbs Up 2

ScrewAttack's Jared is citing Jim Sterling's Destructoid article, which is citing my TSS article, which doesn't mention Modern Sonic being in the demo. Jim for some reason said that it does feature Modern Sonic for some reason, and that's why ScrewAttack's Jared is reporting Modern Sonic.

Huh...oh well, I thought there was still a chance. Well, playing the crap out of Classic Sonic is good enough for me :)