Awoo.

Sonic Generations: PSN/XBL Demo

Marlbenos

Classic or Modern, I'm still going to download it, play it, and enjoy it.

• Thumbs Up 8

SEGA will surprise us with Modern Sonic.

Once you beat the Classic Stage, there will be a different option that you notice is available on the title/menu screen. Then BAMM!! It's City escape which was introduced to us just 10yrs ago.

..... A man can dream right??

• Thumbs Up 3

SEGA will surprise us with Modern Sonic.

Once you beat the Classic Stage, there will be a different option that you notice is available on the title/menu screen. Then BAMM!! It's City escape which was introduced to us just 10yrs ago.

..... A man can dream right??

That's what I said earlier...except for the City Escape part. =P

Doesn't the demo clock in at over 600 MB? If just the first C.Sonic act is 600 MB, the game won't be very long.

• Thumbs Up 2

Doesn't the demo clock in at over 600 MB? If just the first C.Sonic act is 600 MB, the game won't be very long.

Good point wasn't the Unleashed demo like 112 mb or something like that? So they must have some "extra" content packaged in the demo that makes it a timed exclusive!

Edited by Omnis Kai Invictus

Good point wasn't the Unleashed demo like 112 mb or something like that? So they must have some "extra" content packaged in the demo that makes it a timed exclusive!

Green Hill Zone...AND CITY FUCKING ESCAPE!!!

SEGA IF YOU DO THIS!! OMFG!!!!

I WOULD LOVE SEGA FOOOOOOOOOOOORRREEEEEEEEEVER!!!!! :D <3

Edited by Mykonos

So if anyone is interested, I think I've found out why theres a 20 day time limit to the demo.

Because thats how long the birthday celebrations are going on for.

20 years = 20 days to celebrate.

If you take a look at the PS Blog right now, theres some evidence to support this.

Speed freak will be happy this week, as not only do we have a Sonic Generations demo for you, (although you’ll have to wait until tomorrow to snag it) but also the full Blu-Ray release of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit explodes onto the Store for digital download.

Speaking of Sonic, the blue one celebrates his 20th Anniversary tomorrow and to celebrate our pals at SEGA are bringing you a great deal on Sonic content with the 20th Anniversary bundle – Sonic, Sonic 2, Sonic 4 Episode 1, Sonic Adventure (and DX add-on), and the Sonic 4 dynamic theme are all available at a reduced bundle price for only 20 days, so if you’re a lover of the speedy little hedgehog then nab it while you can.

You don't know how difficult it is to not hype myself over the thought of that. But...why else would this thing be 600 MB? Surely, even if there is Modern GHZ, it isn't all THAT large, is it? I mean, like everyone else said, the Unleashed demo was only a fraction of this demo.

Has to be just Green Hill Zone, there's no way SEGA would be awesome enough to put two whole Zones in this demo. No way.

No, Mykonos. SEGA isn't THAT awesome. Calm down now. Sip some tea. That's better...

Edited by S0NIC Toadstool

I'll help clarify the time for some.

Whenever I waited in the night for something to come out on Xbox Live (did so for Resident Evil 5: Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape, Alan Wake: The Signal and The Writer, Sonic 4: Episode 1, and a few others) it every time came on the marketplace around 2 AM-3 AM Pacific Time, and every time it was available on Xbox.com before it was viewable on the console, AND if you went to the game's info page and for downloads choose, "Newest," it will be there first before other places on the 360 (such as the newest demos page).

Hope that helps.

ALSO, Japanese Xbox Live JUST updated. Sonic Generations Gamer Pics are up, the demo likely will be on the Xbox Live in less than an hour in Japan. Have a Japanese Account, or wait until 3 AM Pacific Time.

Edited by Dusk Golem
  • Thumbs Up 2

ALSO, Japanese Xbox Live JUST updated. Sonic Generations Gamer Pics are up, the demo likely will be on the Xbox Live in less than an hour in Japan. Have a Japanese Account, or wait until 3 AM Pacific Time.

I'm not going to put down or hype myself over the possibility of more acts. Though it has been said that only classic sonic will be playable there is no way only one act takes up 600 MB. Its also a timed demo so no matter how much is put in the demo people won't get to keep it and not have to buy the full game. My mind set right now "We will be able to play generations (not saying any part specifically) very soon :D "

I'm not going to put down or hype myself over the possibility of more acts. Though it has been said that only classic sonic will be playable there is no way only one act takes up 600 MB. Its also a timed demo so no matter how much is put in the demo people won't get to keep it and not have to buy the full game. My mind set right now "We will be able to play generations (not saying any part specifically) very soon :D "

Remember that the demo has to include any resources ALL levels use, which is where most of the filesize will come from. It's very possible that a 600mb demo may only contain one level.

(As for my official stance - if it is one level I am sadface since I'm far more excited about modern Sonic, but still happyface because demo-of-any-sort).

Remember that the demo has to include any resources ALL levels use, which is where most of the filesize will come from. It's very possible that a 600mb demo may only contain one level.

Also... how much do you wanna bet the demo also contains a HD trailer/video of Sonic generations?

Wow this is kinda dead. Okay so is anyone expecting TONS of demo speed runs on youtube?

Wow this is kinda dead. Okay so is anyone expecting TONS of demo speed runs on youtube?

Yeah, I am. There will be lots od speed runs for sure.

That demo is going to get absolutely raped for the next twenty days.

Last I checked the Japanese site was around 7 minutes ago, still nothing there.

Eh, I'm going to go ahead and go to bed now, it's 2 AM here and I'm tired.

This demo is releasing on my birthday!! :lol:

Thanks, Sega. Best gift I got from a game company ever.

This demo is releasing on my birthday!! :lol:

Thanks, Sega. Best gift I got from a game company ever.

You and Sonic share the same birthday? Cool.

Cool well I'll see if US got the demo and report back.

EDIT: Nothing yet. <_<

Edited by Eternal Awesomeness

Cool well I'll see if US got the demo and report back.

EDIT: Nothing yet. <_<

So is it really just Classic Sonic?

EDIT: Nevermind.

Edited by LunchPolice