Awoo.

Sonic Generations: PSN/XBL Demo

Marlbenos

Rolling isn't even my biggest problem. I really don't like the Jump in this game...

A far amount of the game is scripted. Quite often when you run/roll off of a ramp you down reach the height you'd expect to get to. You might go really high (like of of the first S-tunnel) or hardly anywhere (the slope leading into the caves at the end), regardless of your speed. It's a kind of hand-holding technique, which honestly doesn't seem necessary when the physics are, in that way, spot on.

A far amount of the game is scripted. Quite often when you run/roll off of a ramp you down reach the height you'd expect to get to. You might go really high (like of of the first S-tunnel) or hardly anywhere (the slope leading into the caves at the end), regardless of your speed. It's a kind of hand-holding technique, which honestly doesn't seem necessary when the physics are, in that way, spot on.

Exactly. The beauty of Classic Sonic in the Genesis era was that there WAS no hand-holding! You were free to do what you felt was within your capability based on the parameters of the physics themselves.

Edited by crush40rocks

Chaining enemy hits is... Eurgh.

I could handle the fixed bounce height when hitting enemies but even the horizontal traveling seems locked.

BWAHAHAHAHA! Motobug! It killed itself! It boosted into me, got knocked back through the air and BOOM landed on the spikes and died.

This game is amazing.

I could handle the fixed bounce height when hitting enemies but even the horizontal traveling seems locked.

And this. Yeah, trying to go from Chopper to Chopper or Crabmeat > Crabmeat > Buzzbomber as the game expects you to is far too difficult.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty sure this is due to his sudden weight gain. He certainly doesn't have a very wide range of motion in the air, does he? But yeah, too many aspect of physics are locked into place in this game and Sega needs to stop holding our hand with the classic physics and let cause-and-effect take its course naturally.

BWAHAHAHAHA! Motobug! It killed itself! It boosted into me, got knocked back through the air and BOOM landed on the spikes and died.

This game is amazing.

Motobug physics. Can't go wrong.

Motobug physics. Can't go wrong.

Motobug has physics. Game is <3

Well my turn now. Let me get this out of the way first, FUCK YEAH THE SPEED SHOES ARE BACK AND OMG DOES HE MOVE FAST! I love how the music changes with the speed shoes.

Next the jump. Fuck you sega for making C sonic jump like shit. This is not COD where it has to be realistic and sonic barely jumps. Fuck. His jump is heavier than a fucking snorlax after lunch. It's like Sega purposely did that just to piss Classic fans off.

Spin dash. It's a little wierd but I love how overpowered it is in this game. I say keep it like that. Plus another thing I noticed. After being in the ball mode he uncurls on his own when running. It's weird but not something that will stop me from giving it a near perfect score.

I knew I'd love the music but seeing it on my HD TV and hearing it. "It's to die for!" Walk in the cave and just sit there for a minute. You'll notice background animals and other random noises. Something that no one mentioned in the gameplay videos.

Uh if you let the main menu play through, you'll see the GHZ reveal trailer that popped up months back. What bugs me still is the size of the game. Why is it 600mb? We get a trailer, normal 2D and even 3D mode (NOT MODERN SONIC) but nothing.

ONE MORE THING I'D LIKE TO POINT OUT. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE RESULT SCORING SCREEN?

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright guys, I've almost done it. I've been sitting at the start of the stage for 90 minutes now, going to see what happens when we reach the 100 minute mark. Someone had to do it, post findings OF SCIENCE.

Surely the main purpose of releasing this demo so early and for a limited time was to get feedback on the classic gameplay so that they could take it into account before the product is finished. So where can we submit feedback where we know they will read it? Where do they get their info?

Edited by crush40rocks

Surely the mail purpose of releasing this demo so early and for a limited time was to get feedback on the classic gameplay so that they could take it into account before the product is finished. So where can we submit feedback where we know they will read it? Where do they get their info?

Dude once you find out let me know. I can't let them release it without them fixing the heaviness of Sonic and catching some of the glitches I've heard about.

Azukara found Greenhill and City Escape in the demo files. :D

Here's what i'd love.

20 Days Remaining - Classic Greenhill

15 Days Remaining - Modern Greenhill

10 Days Remaining - Classic City Escape

5 Days Remaining - Modern City Escape

Make it happen, Sega!

Ok, So i just played the Demo. My impressions are very positive. I love this game. nuff said'.

Basically what I expected to happen, but least now we know.

Yes, I really was patient enough to sit around for 100 minutes to see what happened.

I'm mostly postive. My complaints are the same as everyone else:

-Sonic's jump is ass

-Spindash >>>>>>> everything else

-too many scripted scenes

-PS3 version runs like a crock of shit

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Well I finally got my hands on this demo on the Xbox 360 and I must say that it does feel nice to be able to play this game and hear the sound effects (since the game was mute at the Sonic Boom convention due to the loud dance music). But I also wanted to ask for anyone who may know: I downloaded this demo today on my 360, but if I waited to download it again on July 11th on my PS3, would that by any chance give me an extra 19 days to play this demo?

My impressions.

The Jump: I understand why some people don;t like it because it's heavy but honetsly, I got used to it after playing the demo two times.

Moving: HOLY SHIT THE MOMENTUM!!! I mean, wow, when SEGA gives Sonic momentume, do they ever give him momentum. It's like this is the opposite of Sonic 4. I wasn't ready for Sonic to have so much momentum. He felt like he had a little less in the classics. Again after two playthroughs of the demo, I got used to it.

Everything looks beautiful. I had no lag or glitches yet.

My one complaint: The spindash is fucking overpowered as hell! Seriously SEGA, tone it down.

• Thumbs Up 2

-PS3 version runs like a crock of shit

Edited by Michael Myers
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 1