Awoo.

Sonic Generations: PSN/XBL Demo

Marlbenos

Not my video, but a showcase of Modern Sonic in GHZ from SoS played almost perfectly. Features fairly effective usage of the Spin Dash Drift.

I love how the SDD makes so much sense XD....Revving corners like that seems soooo Sonic like and it looks so fucking badASS! Also it seems that the Unleashed team watched a lot of speed runs from the fans...its almost like they streamlined all the tricks you could pull off from unleashed and at the same time improving their mechanics...

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 1

Did I see Sonic boosting while he was wall jumping? It looks like he was doing it faster to. In Unleashed the boost would usually stop once you connect with the wall, I wonder if they'll try to find innovative ways to use the boost like that.

The Spin Dash drift looks kind of weird.

I prefer the Drift from Sonic Unleashed. :/

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

HD Unleashed's drift worked like ass. Colours improved the precision of that drift tenfold,

HD Unleashed's drift worked like ass. Colours improved the precision of that drift tenfold, however they made it pointless because it was an extremely situational and you could only use it when the game prompted you to use it. I've also heard that this Spin Dash drift works better than any other drift mechanic yet and it actually feels more natural to use.

But I wouldn't know, I haven't played it :P

FINALLY got to play the demo last night, on my "repaired" 360 (MS didn't repair, they just replaced). Thoughts (repeating a lot of stuff already said):

THE GOOD

•Sonic controls far better than Sonic 4, jumps didn't feel so floaty. I actually switched between the demo and Sonic 4 Splash Hill to feel the differences.

•Graphics are lush. LUSH!

•Badnik animations are hilarious

THE BAD

•Spin dash is far too powerful. I felt like I was spinning past a lot of cool portions of the stage so often I'd backtrack to check out what I dashed past.

•I'm not sure if the jumps were too small, or if platforms were just too high, but often I felt like I just barely made ledges when jumping. Maybe bump it up an inch?

•Sonic seemed too tiny on the screen (bottom pic below). Oddly, when the stage starts up you are more zoomed in on Sonic and then the camera pulls back moments later. I'd prefer if the camera remained where it was at the beginning of the stage (middle pic below).

Rkx4w.jpg

Overall, it was a lot of fun! I had to laugh at myself when I tried to homing attack in Generations, and then tried to insta-spin dash in Sonic 4.

I thought YouTube had some pretty high quality videos:

What I want to see is a stage map, like the old school strategy guide days. The guide for Generations will be a must buy for me, I love those maps and enemy profiles.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah it's true that the Unleashed HD drift was kinda BLAH but it still kicked ass. The colours drift was useless. DRIFT HERE......ONLY. Fuck that I wanna snake drift everywhere (if possible).