Awoo.

Sonic Generations: PSN/XBL Demo

Marlbenos

Hey guys.

Today is Tuesday. Anyone think the PSN demo could come today?

Doubt it because Sega didn't say anything about putting a demo on PSN/XBL BUT that would be totally awesome!!!

Why? That'd make no sense.

We're a week before Sonic's birthday and odds are still it probably wont be released before SoS.

Doubt it because Sega didn't say anything about putting a demo on PSN/XBL BUT that would be totally awesome!!!

But they did. On their own Twitter.

Iizuka-San is here and on stage! Confirms the Sonic Generations demo to XBLA and PSN!

Nice that there will be a demo. :D

I gues I can hardly resist to play the Demo over and over again.(If there isn't a timelimit or something)

But they did. On their own Twitter.

Yeah i know about that twit but the company doesn't come and says an official announcement that the demo will be up on that date.

Or something like that?

None of us know what the real date will be, but it should be on a Tuesday since that's when the PSN updates. It could be this Tuesday, next Tuesday or a Tuesday after that. Maybe next Tuesday since that will be on the week of Sonic's 20th.

Edited by Preston

Well in any case i really want that demo. Please let it come today!!! :lol:

What time the PSN updates?

I don't think there's a specific time. I'm told it's random most of the time, so I might as well check now.

No people. It's not coming today.

Also, where's the statement exact statement that we'll be getting a demo "soon"? I know it was said somewhere, but I can't remember where exactly.

No people. It's not coming today.

Also, where's the statement exact statement that we'll be getting a demo "soon"? I know it was said somewhere, but I can't remember where exactly.

It was said by Iizuka-san on Twitter and on Sonic Boom.

It was said by Iizuka-san on Twitter and on Sonic Boom.

IIRC, Twitter only mentioned a demo. The whole thing about it coming soon was from Sonic Boom only. But I want to know who said this and who reported it. Some sources are more reliable than others.

IIRC, Twitter only mentioned a demo. The whole thing about it coming soon was from Sonic Boom only. But I want to know who said this and who reported it. Some sources are more reliable than others.

I see...i didn't know about the twitter that only said about the demo.

The "soon" came straight from Iizuka-san, can't get more reliable than that. I mean you can hear it at the videos from Sonic Boom unless i am mistaken.

You know what i'm going to find that video and see it again so i can put aside any doubts i have.

Okay, okay i found a good vid that you can hear what Iizuka-san and Aaron says.

Here:

Go to 4:17 and see until the end.

Iizuka-san announces the Demo and he says that he can't give specifics and we should wait for Sega to announce it "very soon"

Also Aaron says that exclusicely announced at Sonic Boom etc etc coming in the near future.

Well that's that!

Edited by frokenok3
  • Thumbs Up 3

Awesome, ta. Knew it was real, didn't know Iizuka actually said it up on stage.

Well, i'm glad i didn't mistake what they said. I'm talking about the demo everywhere. xD

So many forums coming at me for false info. That would be a disaster!

Well, i'm glad i didn't mistake what they said. I'm talking about the demo everywhere. xD

So many forums coming at me for false info. That would be a disaster!

I wouldn't know if you want to expect a demo soon. Just because, it's a little strange. It's possible, but don't hold your breath.

I wouldn't know if you want to expect a demo soon. Just because, it's a little strange. It's possible, but don't hold your breath.

Yeah i know! Well time will tell. I'm not holding my breath but i don't give up hope just yet. :)

I have a hunch that we will get the demo on the 23rd cause for the love of god its the best way to celebrate the 20th anniversary by letting fans play Green Hill zone on June 23rd 2011, where 20 years ago that day Sonic raced through the original 16-bit Green Hill Zone.

But Sonic's 20th falls on a Thursday. PSN updates on Tuesday and XBLA updates on Wednesday. Would they both have Sega release a demo on Thursday just for the occasion?

But Sonic's 20th falls on a Thursday. PSN updates on Tuesday and XBLA updates on Wednesday. Would they both have Sega release a demo on Thursday just for the occasion?

Damn you are right and i knew that before i posted. :lol:

Oh well, let us play it on Tuesday and Wednesday! :D

Also i heard that Sega posted the E3 vid on XBL! Anyone here has 360 so he/she can confirm this?

I really think it will be on Sonics Bday, I think I remember Aaron saying VERY VERY SOON.

Not sure at what point he said that though.

SEGA set up some sales on Sonic related stuff for PSN last year on Sonic's birthweek. I'd assume it's going to be released the soonest update day after his birthday.

It'll probably come next week. But besides that, which stages are people hoping for?

Stages in the demo you mean? Nothing more than GHZ 1 and 2, the exact same demo that was playable at E3 and Sonic Boom, and will be playable at SoS. Two full stages, one for each Sonic, and a fantastic chance to provide some solid feedback on the game while there's still time for things to be adjusted. If we don't get a demo until some time has passed, we'll get an updated build, but still only GHZ.

My prediction is next week as well but of course that is just speculation (and wishful thinking).

And the demo will most certainly be Green Hill Zone, the direct quote about the demo says that soon the demo will be made available for everyone, and since they said that at Sonic Boom when they had the demo with Green Hill Zone, it's going to be that demo.

Yeah Green Hill Zone Act1 and 2.

Now if Sega wants to play it cool and awesome and give to us City Escape too, that would be fantastic!!!!!!

and i need someone to wake me up now! xD

Dissident you might be on to something.

I can bet you they are going to put a demo up on June 23 since they aren't gonna make the release in time for Sonic's birthday and all.

Just making that claim right now.

Remember this, guys?

Yep, I made this claim before we even got news of an XBLA/PSN demo. The fact that XBLA/PSN usually updates on Thursdays, which June 23 will be on, helps this hypothesis.

I still have claim as the first who thought of this.

If I come out right, I want cookies, and lots of them shipped to my door. And they must be chocolate chip supreme with peanut butter cups mixed in.

No less. Place your bets.

Edited by Azukara