Awoo.

Shadow vs. Vegeta: Battle of the Rivals

Kuzu

Relevant

Now to sit back and watch the fanboys chew each other out.

Edited by Shadic93

I posted this on the updates.

As a Shadow fan, I find that amazingly accurate.

Super Shadow was unstoppable up until the form ran out, which makes sense since he needs rings to power it. Super Saiyan Vegeta on the other hand could maintain the form as long as he wants if I remember correctly, so long as he has the energy to keep fighting.

Vegeta: Wow. What a rip-off.

*kicked in the face*

:lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

Hate to say it, but that's probably what would happen. Watching that video, Vegeta definitely sounded more powerful then Shadow. I remember watching Dragon Ball Z when I was young and wow, they're all overpowered saiyans. :lol:

I posted this on the updates.

As a Shadow fan, I find that amazingly accurate.

Super Shadow was unstoppable up until the form ran out, which makes sense since he needs rings to power it. Super Saiyan Vegeta on the other hand could maintain the form as long as he wants if I remember correctly, so long as he has the energy to keep fighting.

Vegeta: Wow. What a rip-off.

*kicked in the face*

:lol:

Yes. But are Rings still a factor when Super Shadow could just use his own Chaos Energy, and wouldn't Shadow be able to Chaos Control Vegeta into the sun?

Yes. But are Rings still a factor when Super Shadow could just use his own Chaos Energy, and wouldn't Shadow be able to Chaos Control Vegeta into the sun?

Yes, Rings are still a factor. They're ALWAYS a factor, as they're needed to power the form itself. Shadow can't transform that easily or maintain it off his own power.

If Shadow's range could send Vegeta to the sun, then I'm sure he would've won the battle. But I think that requires a lot more energy, and frankly Shadow assumed Vegeta was still mortal in requiring oxygen. So he probably thought sending him either underwater would drown him, or sending him to space would suffocate him (or at least isolate him from the planet).

Hate to say it, but that's probably what would happen. Watching that video, Vegeta definitely sounded more powerful then Shadow. I remember watching Dragon Ball Z when I was young and wow, they're all overpowered saiyans. :lol:

I doubt it was Vegeta being more powerful than it was him taking advantage of Shadow powering down before attacking.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Wasn't it said that Saiyans can't survive in space? If I recall this was the main problem when Goku was fighting Frieza.

I do admit that the outcome seems likely. do like how they got Lanipator to voice Vegeta

Wasn't it said that Saiyans can't survive in space? If I recall this was the main problem when Goku was fighting Frieza.

Saiyans couldn't survive in space. Except for all of those times that they could. Bardock never had any problems with it, for example.

It was really only brought up when there was drama to be had in it. Otherwise it was ignored.

Saiyans couldn't survive in space. Except for all of those times that they could. Bardock never had any problems with it, for example.

Even before Goku knew he was a Saiyan, remember that time he used the Power Pole to send the Rabbit Mob/Gang to the moon?

Yeah...

Probably, going by their stats alone the only possible way for Shadow to win is to CC Vegeta to an inescapable, uninhabitable area like the sun. However we have no idea of the maximum range Shadow's CC can transport objects. Super Shadow was nearly unconscious after warping the ARK in SA2 and that was with Sonic's help, warping him to the sun may have been too great of a distance.

Either way I'm more interested in the next episode because I'd like to see how Mario could win against (Super) Sonic. Sans power-ups, there isn't much Mario can do that Sonic can't, and that's not considering his moves are augmented with mach 1 speed also.

Looked like he pretty much burned through most of his energy when he returned the Moon back to it's place (which raises questions about the Moon anyway, since its not partially destroyed like it SA2 or vapourised like in Dragonball Z :V).

Like I said when I first posted it in the comments though, while they happen to get a few minor details off in the bios (on both sides) I found it to be quite a fun little what-if battle. And honestly its probably better to view it that way since it'd be quite difficult to work out how an actual battle would play out. I really enjoyed the banter between them both in the beginning though :)

It figures that the entire fight would hinge on Shadow running out of Rings. No problems here.

Either way I'm more interested in the next episode because I'd like to see how Mario could win against (Super) Sonic. Sans power-ups, there isn't much Mario can do that Sonic can't, and that's not considering his moves are augmented with mach 1 speed also.

Well Mario won't be an easy battle either he's got all those power ups and suits. Don't forget the invincibility star Mario can use too. All Sonic's got is Super Sonic or maybe Screwattack can bring hyper in the mix.

Vegeta would win, but partly because the Sayains have had a lot of context of their power and have done extremely powerful shit.

I also can't see Mario winning in the upcoming Mario and Sonic battle.

The Saiyans can destroy planets if they felt like it.

The winner was obvious.

The saiyans are also more powerful than God....though Shadow has defeated his fair share of deities as well.

That was loads of fun :lol: I wish it was longer, rather than having half the video simply having them talk about stuff we honestly didn't need to know quite so much about, but still, well done. Lanipator's appearance was a nice touch, and I'm surprised they gave Shadow such a fighting chance. Don't get me wrong, he's a powerful character, perhaps one of more powerful characters in the mythos of video games, but when you stack... well, pretty much anyone against a main character from DBZ, they'll almost always going to be dwarfed in power by them simply because of the bombastic nature of the show. Vegeta winning was simply inevitable.

But yeah, that was fun :D Of course, Sonic should win next week's episode. Unless of course, the competition's based on who's released better games over the past decade.... <_<

Shadow should have won.

Well he clearly didn't. He may have won if his superform lasted, but he completely forgot to get more rings to stay in the form longer.

I find it interesting that the superform's invulnerability is really the saving grace that allowed Shadow to have a fighting chance. Without it, well obviously Vegeta would win. Heck he blew up a planet on his way to Earth by shooting a beam from his hands, we have yet to see ANY Sonic character do that with their own hands.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Interesting. But I don't remember reading anything about Super shadow being able to move at nearly the speed of light. I already knew the result in this battle but it was interesting. I mean Shadow actually having a chance against vegeta? I'm pretty sure Vegeta could have handled Shadow in normal state, but did they really have to make both of them go super? And wow "what a rip off". Best thing I've heard in any VS video ever. Did not see that coming.

Now I wanna see how they put sonic and mario against each other. With no question Sonic should win that battle. His speed and strength (He's destroyed massive robots w/o his super state) versus mario. A guy who throws fire balls with the help of a flower and saves his bitch every game.

What I said in the other topic...

The video isn't that accurate.

Vegeta can withstand bullets like nothing. He could even catch them with no pain at all.

Both of these abilities are shared with almost any other DBZ fighter. Let's use Raditz as an example.

Raditz can withstand bullets and catch them. Extremely easily. He can lift cars without any effort. He is faster than anyone seen in the series until this point, where people could already move so fast you would see an after-image of them. His power level is around 1000.

In Vegeta's first appearance, his power level is 18,000. At this strength, he can destroy entire planets if he uses his full power.

A little later on, Goku's power level is 180,000. Yet, this still isn't as strong as Frieza. Frieza's first form, that is.

Frieza(first form)'s power level is 530,000. At this strength, he can destroy entire planets with a wave of his hand. He kills people by blowing cold air at them. He gets chopped extremely hard in the neck, and nothing happens. Then he rips the other guy's arm off. He doesn't even break a sweat.

Now, let's skip to Frieza's last form. Here, his power level is 120,000,000.

Vegeta manages to get much stronger than this. Much, much stronger. After a short time, Frieza is basically a joke compared to everyone else. By now, the series has stopped even using power levels. Vegeta reaches the stage where he could completely slaughter Frieza.

Then we have the Super Saiyan transformation. If Vegeta goes Super Saiyan, his power multiplies by 50. He can also use Super Saiyan 2, which multiplies his power by 50 on top of that.

Honestly, I think it's safe to say that no one in the Sonic universe could even come close to Vegeta.

Wow, that guy's western accent annoyed the hell out of me quickly. I like to think that I don't take these kinds of character comparisons seriously, as the context of how powerful a character in their own respective series is what is important. I find it hypocritical of myself to take this topic somewhat seriously, but I'll bite.

Why does Shadow gain access to the chaos emeralds, yet Vegeta doesn't have access to the dragonballs? Most of the skills Vegeta has are innate and self attained. While Shadow also has innate skills, I believe the chaos emeralds shouldn't have been included. If Vegeta had the dragonballs, he could wish for anything,(like when he previously wanted immortality) since it's about as comparable to his skills as the chaos emeralds are for Shadow. It's like having people fight each other when one guy is an MMA fighter, and the other guy has a gun, that kind of fighting shouldn't be fair or happening. Vegeta's innate abilities easily make him more objectivly powerful than Shadow, but in the context of the Sonic series, Shadow is still one of the most powerful characters, so that doesn't make Shadow a "weak" character; yet many people, thankfully not from this forum, will still take the result more angrily and seriously than it needs to be.

Also, somewhat off-topic, but can anyone tell me where Shadow's suppressors came from? The only time I've seen them is in 06's ending, and I thought it was a bullshit way to end it with it's impact of Shadow's character/abilities. Why does he need supressors, where is the use of having them, where are the explanations of these issues of him being tired when not having them? It's been annoying me, so if anyone can say where the concept came from, thank you for your time.

Also, somewhat off-topic, but can anyone tell me where Shadow's suppressors came from?