Awoo.

Shadow's true potential

Durarara

It seems since screwattack decided to make a parody of Shadow's strength vs. A Sayians strength. And decided he would lose in the long run. IMO which I don't buy since Shadow has Easy access to Reality warping powers and hyper speed as Super Shadow. And also they think Shadow has a limit in how much power he can expend as a powerful character with the chaos emeralds.

So if Shadow has access to the chaos emeralds, and can't use them for as long as he wants to, how much stronger would he have to get in order to maintain he super form and use the chaos powers from the gems for longer peroids of time.

Also I want to discuss Shadow's true power, what he's truly capable of. Can he gain stronger chaos attacks, phyiscally improve his super speed and strength, and his stamina and endurance with more time or is he at his peak and can't gain a natural accelerated growth like the other main characters.

• Bad Quality Post 1

IMO which I don't buy since Shadow has Easy access to Reality warping powers and hyper speed as Super Shadow.
Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

In no medium, be it the games, comics, or cartoons has Shadow EVER demonstrated Reality Warping powers.
Edited by Blacklightning

I haven't watched the Vegeta vs Shadow video, yet is somewhat on topic to this one, I'll ask some stuff. Since I hear that the video is a parody, I don't know why people are offended when people compare characters of differing mediums/shows/etc. It is only in the context of a show/blah that it matters, and doesn't inheritly make the other show bad in comparison. Who cares if one character is objectively more powerful than the other, it doesn't make the other character bad. I can see the entertainment of why people do this stuff, but it bothers me when some people take the outcome(s) seriously to annoying fanboy levels.

Also, why does Shadow gain access to the chaos emeralds, yet Vegeta doesn't have access to the dragonballs? Without either, Vegeta is objectively stronger and mroe powerful than Shadow, as many examples to show his extent; despite that, that doesn't make Shadow "weak," as he is still one of the most powerful characters in context of the Sonic series. If Vegeta can beat Shadow when Shadow has access to the chaos emeralds, then that means Vegeta is powerful and clever enough beat cheaters (hypocritical time, derp).(I should probably watch the video to gain a better context of the comparison, so any future pointers of what happened is appreciated, and understandable)

As for Shadow's abilities, like any character, I would also like to see him and others have interesting abilities in future games. In most of the past games, he is essentially a clone of Sonic in gameplay, but has had some differences. I don't think the differences have been exciting enough, but there are still various possible ways to make Shadow's gameplay appealing. I'm part of the camp that would like multiple characters in games to behave like S3K differences. Although we have seen some eveidence of Shadow being different from Sonic in gameplay in 06, I think we can have more fun gameplay options than a "slower Sonic."

To be fair, it's definently implied in several different ways. Chaos Control is defined by the games as "control over time and space", which honestly isn't far off.

The video isn't that accurate.

Vegeta can withstand bullets like nothing. He could even catch them with no pain at all.

Both of these abilities are shared with almost any other DBZ fighter. Let's use Raditz as an example.

Raditz can withstand bullets and catch them. Extremely easily. He can lift cars without any effort. He is faster than anyone seen in the series until this point, where people could already move so fast you would see an after-image of them. His power level is around 1000.

In Vegeta's first appearance, his power level is 18,000. At this strength, he can destroy entire planets if he uses his full power.

A little later on, Goku's power level is 180,000. Yet, this still isn't as strong as Frieza. Frieza's first form, that is.

Frieza(first form)'s power level is 530,000. At this strength, he can destroy entire planets with a wave of his hand. He kills people by blowing cold air at them. He gets chopped extremely hard in the neck, and nothing happens. Then he rips the other guy's arm off. He doesn't even break a sweat.

Now, let's skip to Frieza's last form. Here, his power level is 120,000,000.

Vegeta manages to get much stronger than this. Much, much stronger. After a short time, Frieza is basically a joke compared to everyone else. By now, the series has stopped even using power levels. Vegeta reaches the stage where he could completely slaughter Frieza.

Then we have the Super Saiyan transformation. If Vegeta goes Super Saiyan, his power multiplies by 50. He can also use Super Saiyan 2, which multiplies his power by 50 on top of that.

Honestly, I think it's safe to say that no one in the Sonic universe could even come close to Vegeta.

Honestly, I think it's safe to say that no one in the Sonic universe could even come close to Vegeta.

If they weren't invincible. Shadow in normal form isn't invincible, but in his superform he is. That was the only thing that put Shadow on an equal level with Vegeta despite his powers, and once that wore off, that's where Vegeta easily finished him off.

What do you mean by invincible? You mean like they can't feel pain and can do lots of damage or what?

Do you really not know what the word "invincible" means? I'm being serious.

If they weren't invincible. Shadow in normal form isn't invincible, but in his superform he is.
Edited by Blacklightning

For one or two games, yes. Can't remember how ShTH handled it, but as of '06 he can actually take damage during Super form in the form of a partial ring loss, if that means anything.

Sonic's the ultimate life, so at most he's second banana to him.

He doesn't beat Shadow with access to the Chaos Emeralds, he actually isn't capable of doing so in the video because of Shadow's invincibility.

This is how Vegeta wins: Shadow's superform wears out in the end and he transforms back to normal while the already Super Saiyan Vegeta is still in his and blasts Shadow out of the sky.

Edited by Derg

Why are we comparing two characters from different franchises again?

Oh right….. for the lolz.

From a pure science standpoint, if Super Shadow is capable of moving at the speed of light, then nothing should survive a punch from that….. ever.

I remember someone crunching the numbers on a punch from Sonic a few weeks back. That analysis was pretty nasty but if we were to crank that up to a punch from something invulnerable moving at the speed of light? sheesh. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it destroyed the known universe.

That probably sounds like I am drooling over Shadow here, but seriously, how do you interpret the combined force behind an indestructible impactor?

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Uh, no he doesn't. And that flat out reeks of fanboyism, dude.

In no medium, be it the games, comics, or cartoons has Shadow EVER demonstrated Reality Warping powers. And we haven't even seen him break the sound barrier to believe he could even reach supersonic speeds on his own.

Lets see in most Sonic media he has warped objects bigger than him and even made is own Black Hole in the RPG. Is Vegeta stronger than a black hole.

If I were to guess at this, I'd say you're that very same fanboy who keep insisting that Shadow is so powerful that he can't be beaten or near that powerful to where he's nigh-unstoppable. The dead giveaway would be you lying about him having Reality Warping abilities, because that's exactly what said fanboy would insist upon believing despite there being absolutely no proof. And you've been doing that very same thing whenever the character is brought up.

More like they didn't take all of Shadow's powers into consideration. I'm talking about every single move he has in any media. They gave Vegeta is SS3 form.

But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt so far until further analysis.

Because Shadow superform, like Sonic, has a limit in the time it can be used. It's dependent on rings, and if he runs out the superform goes bye-bye.

Even if he has a limit in superform, Shadow can warp time and space instantly. Also his chaos powers are greatly enhanced. Super Shadow with Chaos Blast or Rift = Dead Vegeta.

It's not about how much stronger he is in maintaining, it's about how many rings he has to maintain it. It's been a series staple that you need at least 50 rings to use the superform with the Chaos Emeralds. And the form last depending on how many rings you have per second, i.e. 200 rings = exactly 200 seconds of using the superform and no more.
Gameplay mechanics shouldn't even be used in this fight, Vegeta has no such restrictions. He can instantly achieve his forms naturally and without draw backs. Yet Shadow needs rings to maintain the equvilant of Super Sayain? That sound kinda bias, what about Vegeta's only weakness to getting to many hits in the face?

If Shadow wants to use the form longer, he needs to get more rings, which he didn't do in that fight with Vegeta. That was his downfall, and they played it very accurately.
Why? Because you say so? Why does Vegeta have to have no restrictions to Super Sayain mode, the Chaos Emeralds are enough. They should have played out this fight by having them beat each other into a pulp until they couldn't fight anymore.

Shadow's true power has been exactly what they've shown us so far. They haven't hinted at any further development of his powers, or his speed, or his strength. Sure, his powers could easily be added onto, but they've been very consistent with them and are more than likely balancing him so that, while powerful, he can be beaten.

That really doesn't awnser my question.

Thank you for making this topic. It allowed me to check your account and realise that you are our good friend the Shadow fanboy bandodger. With that said, this topic gets a lock.

Good gracious. There are plenty of Shadow fans here, but most of them are sane and objective enough to realize that even Shadow can be beaten by a powerful enough force, especially one from an animé where people regularly punch holes through planets during minor arguments*. Oh, and that he'd be an incredibly boring and stupid character if he were as close to invincible as you seem to want him to be.

-Locked-

*May be a slight exaggeration

• Thumbs Up 3