Awoo.

SONIC BOOM!

Badnik Mechanic

Sega: SONIC BOOM!

Urm yeah... So Sega just announced a US version of SOS?

Sega: BOOM!

Sonic Boom is a Community focused event where we invite you, our fans, to join us and be among the first people in the world to play Sonic Generations! On top of that, we’ll be celebrating Sonic’s 20th birthday with special guests, musical performances, and some other way past cool surprises!

Check out all the details in the invitation below!

Play Sonic Generations and Celebrate Sonic’s 20th Birthday!

Wednesday, June 8th

6:00 PM – 10:00PM

Where: Club Nokia

800 West Olmypic Blvd # 335

Los Angeles, CA

Calling all Sonic fans! Come join us at Sonic Boom, the first major US Sonic Community event, to celebrate Sonic’s 20th Birthday!

•Be among the first fans to play Sonic Generations!

•Special Sonic guests and performances!

•Get exclusive Generations collector’s merchandise!

•Come as your favorite Sonic character and you could win extra prizes!

Attendance is FREE and this party, just like Generations, is for all ages! But space is limited, so make sure to reserve your spot fast!

Stay way past cool this summer at one of the biggest Sonic events in history – find out how to reserve your ticket today, and all the latest event news, at

You can reserve tickets here.

Urm... what the hell is this exactly? Currently theres no official website for it.

But if anyone is going to it, pick me up some official exclusive merch and I will pay you money!

Sega: SONIC BOOM!

Sega Blog Entry

Update:

Members of the Sonic Stadium & Sonic Retro have a selection of tickets on reserve!

Sigh... no way I can afford to go to LA on this notice... groan, I'd really like to go.

If you want a ticket:

As of right now it's sold out.

Sega have said they may release some more. Keep an eye out for announcements.

Either contract bradflick AT sonicstadium DOT org. (SSMB/Sonic retro members.)

Or... Visit http://sonicboom.eventbrite.com/

Sega has now sold out of tickets. In order to get one you have to contact bradflick AT sonicstadium DOT org

Edited by Hogfather

It's barely running longer than a disco I go to every last Friday of each month (if I'm in Stoke), four hours is hardly enough time to get that much action going. :/

On the other hand, at least we might get some Generations story news on that date.

Whoa I didn't notice that. That can't be right can it? 4 hours?

If you want a ticket, I've got 'em.

E-mail me at bradflick AT sonicstadium DOT org.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Crikey, four hours is short. As an official event you'd think it'd be a bit longer...

Ah well, 11 hours of SoS awaits!

MINI-troll-face.png

If you want a ticket, I've got 'em.

E-mail me at bradflick AT sonicstadium DOT org.

Cool, I've edited the first post. Thanks for the info.

Great idea on Sega's part. I remember when I first found out about SOS' exclusivity to London, I threw my very first e-tantrum on the Blognik comments complaining about how SOA never did anything like that. However, I happen to live on the east coast, so I don't think I'll be able to make it to this one. I wish Sega would rotate the venues to different geographic locations so that Sonic fans living in different parts of the country can have a go.

Oh god, if SoS has Generations this year... think of all the queues. D:

Relevant for Everyone Not Near L.A.

SEGA® Corporation is proud to announce that Sonic the Hedgehog will celebrate his 20th anniversary on June 23, 2011.

From the first day of the release of Sonic The Hedgehog™ back in 1991 on the SEGA Genesis™ console, Sonic the Hedgehog quickly became a popular gaming icon due to his super fast speed and his cool, edgy character. In the twenty years that the video games have been available, Sonic the Hedgehog has notched up over 70 million units sold worldwide.

As well as videogames, SEGA’s iconic blue hedgehog has enjoyed huge success in areas such as comics, apparel and toys and even starred in his own animated series.

SEGA Corporation will be celebrating this special year in style with events around the world, details of which will be released throughout the 20th anniversary year of 2011.

There's hope.

• Thumbs Up 5

Man, I'd love to go, but a) it's on a school day and B) it's in CA. Maybe if there's some kind of event in Seattle, I could go, but idk if SEGA's gonna do that.

Edited by Mega

It's in the middle of the week and it only lasts for four hours.

Way too inconvenient and not even worth the time despite being free.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, either way, it's awesome that SEGA is doing this for the people who can go! And free, too.

Oh wow, a cool free event with exclusive content for Sonic fans, that sounds like a lot of fun, well do--

Oh...

..oh dear....

Uh, yeah, I'm gonna stay the hell away from this event.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 9

Oh wow, a cool free event with exclusive content for Sonic fans, that sounds like a lot of fun, well do--

Oh...

..oh dear....

Uh, yeah, I'm gonna stay the hell away from this event.

Gee you sure sound like a blast to hang out with.

• Thumbs Up 5

Gee you sure sound like a blast to hang out with.

If your hobbies include dressing up as furry woodland creatures, I'm ok with your attitude towards me!

In fact, I encourage it!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 6

What's so bad about dressing up as your favorite Sonic character? People dress up all the time when they go to these events.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 2

If your hobbies include dressing up as furry woodland creatures, I'm ok with your attitude towards me!

In fact, I encourage it!

I don't particually get involved with fancy dress (as we used to call it before cosplay took over) as other people do. The only time I've done it is for my Uni Christmas party... however chances are I would have looked like the odd one out if I turned up to a costume party wearing 'normal clothes.'

But I don't have as mornic views to say ARGH! That person is dressed up as Doctor Robotnik and that person is dressed as Sonic! I must away!

Exactly why would you "Stay the hell away from the event" if people would be cosplaying there?

They're wearing a costume at an event that invites people to wear costumes. But you're going to stay away from it because people will wear costumes? What exactly is YOUR problem with it?

Edited by Hogfather

Can a grown ass man go and play his Sonic games without standing in line with people in fur suits? That's all I ask.

As far as I understand it, SEGA of America is very very very keen to not step on the toes of what we're doing over here with Summer of Sonic. A more appropriate comparison could be the UK Community Days that ArchAngelUK established a few years ago when he began working at SEGA Europe. The UK Community Days weren't much longer than a couple hours long in a venue some place, play a bit of the latest Sonic game, go out and hang in a pub for the rest of the day/night. This seems to be an attempt at bringing this Stateside, only in the evening and in a club.

I'm looking forward to it - not least because I'm interested to see how SoA does it and to see from a community perspective if it checks all the boxes. I'll also get to hang with some of my closest US chums as well - this will actually be my first ever trip to America, so I'm really stoked that I'm being given the opportunity to see this unfold. Plus I'll probably get a little bit razzed with SEGA peeps later in the evening afterwards, that'll be fun!

• Thumbs Up 1

Can a grown ass man go and play his Sonic games without standing in line with people in fur suits? That's all I ask.

I'm not going to be part of the discussion, I just want to say how funny I think it is to read this to an image of Batman. xD

• Thumbs Up 3