Awoo.

SONIC BOOM!

Badnik Mechanic

He should give me a shirt for free... because I... wear sunglasses, do you know what that means?

He should give me a shirt for free... because I... wear sunglasses, do you know what that means?

1411085310193.jpg

T-Bird should send us a shirt in advance for being awesome SSMB members. We are the Team Chaotix Detective Agency of the boards. I find the clues, Envy confirms the details, and Hogfather adds the sex appeal with his sunglasses. We can't fail!

• Thumbs Up 3

...I was looking more closely at the photo and I can't see too well but to me it had looked like it said "T-bird was here!" XD Boy, do I need to wear glasses..

Also, that raptor picture is awesome! Love them<3

The thing that bothers me is that these selfish people were probably in front of the line and blocking someone that would of been EXSTATIC to meet Jun/Yuji, and kept what they had signed and cherished it until the day they died. I know im going too.

But these people just sell it for a profit, its upsetting.

I can guarantee EVERYONE HERE.

I would UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE of been a part of those lines to get stuff signed if I even cared only just a little bit to meet those people.

I was part of those lines because IT MEANT THE WORLD TO ME.

Sorry, I guess im just displeased with these people selling these things, or should i say... even getting them in the first place.

The thing that bothers me is that these selfish people were probably in front of the line and blocking someone that would of been EXSTATIC to meet Jun/Yuji, and kept what they had signed and cherished it until the day they died. I know im going too.

Hey, I was one of the dudes in the front and I'm not planning to sell what I got signed. Yet. And also, in these type of events, you need is to be quick in order to get what you want.

Hey, I was one of the dudes in the front and I'm not planning to sell what I got signed. Yet. And also, in these type of events, you need is to be quick in order to get what you want.

No no no, I wasnt saying everyone at the front was selfish. I was just saying obviously some of the people in the front were being selfish because they would rather just sell what they got signed right away than cherish it.

But thats not to say those people are selfish either persay, I just dont see a hardcore fan selling there signed stuff right away but maybe thats just me.

Its true but what can you do? I wanted to tell Yuji thanks for creating Sonic and love your work but he got distracted and I felt like a tool waiting there just to shake his hand. They guy in front had like 4 things signed. A little much.

These people should look into selling or trading their older stuff before throwing something like these shirts up. Sure, they know other people want them but that's just the thing, they're taking advantage of those who couldn't go or missed out on signings. :< PLEASE be a preorder gift too </3

This post really made my day. I was at Sonic Boom and would have loved to have met Yuji Naka but being the non assertive person that I am, I wasn't able to catch his attention or get in the front of the crowd of people before he left for the night. Even though a mere signature isn't really anything to me, the thought of meeting one of the original creators of my hero blows my mind. Yes yes, I know that you have to be quick at these types of events but still, like The Danimator said, these people are selling objects that someone behind them in lived would have killed to have, not because they're valuable, but because this would have been an item that the creator of their hero would touched and forever had their signature on which would have always brought back the memory of that small 5 second moment that that Sonic fan had with the creator of Sonic the Hedgehog. Well I may not have been able to meet Yuji Naka, but I am very grateful that my aunt (who is much more assertive than me btw :lol: ) was able to get a Sonic Boom T-shirt signed by Jun Senoue which I will always hold on to to remind me of the great moments that I have had at Sonic 2011 and as a Sonic fan. ^^

It made my day that my post made your day.

I was so fortunate, because I am not very assertive either, I just happened to spot Naka before almost everyone else. As far as my Jun signature goes I was oddly assertive about getting it. I think it was partially because I was getting pressure to leave by my girlfriend who had to be at work early the next morning and the Jun signature was the last thing I wanted that i felt would of made the night perfect.

Yikes, I'm responding pretty late. Ah well, I hope my descriptions help flood back some nice memories from that night.

To sum things up from my own perspective, the best way for me to describe Sonic Boom is interesting. Simply put, the sights, sounds, and general atmosphere were interesting to me.

I learned a lot just by people watching. I think I was taking more mental notes than anything. I suppose they had a big impact because I can recall a lot of it right now! There were a lot of interesting faces and it was enjoyable making small talk with them, be it about Sonic or whatever else came to mind.

Moving on to the actual stuff that was there... I liked the freebies they gave out but wish they put it in a bag or something! That's my biggest complaint haha. Playing Sonic Generations was great for the novelty of being able to play it before so many others, but really, I was more interested in seeing all the different Sonic fans from all over. When I went over to do the video recording, I didn't expect to be primed... so what I thought of earlier didn't flow so well into it. I did enjoy saying who my favorite Sonic character is though :). Also, could someone tell me what the little cupcakes tasted like? I'm just curious haha.. I imagine it to be a basic yellow sponge with buttercream frosting dyed blue.

The musical performances made me feel like a bad Sonic fan. I didn't really know the words to a bunch of the songs they played heh. Ah well, at least they played Speak with your Heart! A shame it seemed to sound a bit softer compared to the other ones that were played. I still enjoyed it though!

It was awesome to see all the big wigs of the Sonic games and it makes me sad to hear of people getting multiple things signed and selling their swag! Gotta cherish the things they got and be considerate of others! Still, just seeing the excitement ripple through the crowd that Yuji Naka is walking around was very interesting to see.

All in all, it was a fun night. I'm glad I went. Sonic naysayers are entitled to their opinion, but judging by that night they can't deny that the Sonic fanbase is passionate!

• Thumbs Up 1

Lol, the weirdest thing about the environment to me was the music...

What the hell were they thinking?

Wouldnt you think people would want to hear Sonic related songs at a sonic event and not some random crap?

Im not talking about crush 40 and the people who played on stage, im talking about the music the that was chosen to be played at the event that wasnt live.

Well maybe the reason that they were playing random dance music throughout the event was so when Crush 40 performed Sonic music it would seem fresh, surprising, and that much more awesome to hear Sonic music being played at Club Nokia?

• 2 weeks later...

wow I can't believe it sold for $100, I didn't even spend that much driving to Los Angeles, buying food and stuff, and then driving back u.u

Edit: Further investigation points to the second box down on the right having a note stuck on it, which to me looks like 'T-BIRD WILL BUY'?

I left a sticker with "T-BIRD WAS 'ERE" on it. I'm glad it's appeared on at least one photo!

T

So I was close! XD What were you doing there?! And did you get a shirt?