Awoo.

SONIC BOOM!

Badnik Mechanic

Let's not get confused. This is not Summer of Sonic: US.

The topic title is a little misleading. :V

Also, can't wait to see some afterparty Sonic Generations videos. :)

KKKKKKKKKKk

CALIFORNIA?! CONFOUND IT!

East Coast here, slitting wrists X_X

• Thumbs Up 2

Q: I’d love to come, but I live in Europe! Why can’t you guys host an event here, too?

A: You’re in luck! If you haven’t yet heard, fellow fans just like you, with sponsorship from SEGA, run a yearly event called Summer of Sonic! You can find out more about it here.

I'm not the only one who sees a problem there, am I?

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh believe me, if I could afford going to the UK I'd be at SoS without doubt. But I'll have to wait here in Sweden, the curse of unemployment. :)

Man I just saw this NOW. This sucks, I'm only 40 miles away from the event, and I have to commute to LA often anyway. I can go so easily but I missed the early-bird ticket. Any one think I can still go?

I might just go to Club Nokia anyway and camp there during the event. With some hope, and a silver tongue, I may be able to get in. I have plans for working at SEGA as soon as my college work is done. And I am studying at UAT, which has career offers from SEGA very often. Hopefully I can find a way to go.

Wish me luck guys! We all know I'll be needing it.

Man I just saw this NOW. This sucks, I'm only 40 miles away from the event, and I have to commute to LA often anyway. I can go so easily but I missed the early-bird ticket. Any one think I can still go?

I might just go to Club Nokia anyway and camp there during the event. With some hope, and a silver tongue, I may be able to get in. I have plans for working at SEGA as soon as my college work is done. And I am studying at UAT, which has career offers from SEGA very often. Hopefully I can find a way to go.

Wish me luck guys! We all know I'll be needing it.

Sega have said that they might be releasing more tickets.

But given how quickly they were snagged up. I'd be amazed if some didn't appear on ebay before long.

That goes without saying. Worse case I may snag a few on ebay. I feel like a tool if I did but oh well, all worth it for fandom, right? :P

Props to anyone who points in in the right direction. Really appreciated. ;D

The topic title is a little misleading. :V

Indeed. Can we change this please for clarity's sake?

Still, nice to see SEGA actually y'know mention Summer of Sonic.

Indeed. Can we change this please for clarity's sake?

Still, nice to see SEGA actually y'know mention Summer of Sonic.

Indeed.

And I hope them mentioning it, means that they may be bringing some Generations pods down to SOS this year.

It would just be too perfect if they did.

Keep your eyes peeled on the SEGA and/or Sonic facebook pages, they'll be giving more out real soon.

The tickets up for grabs yesterday has your name on it if you were lucky enough to get one, making it difficult to pick them up from eBay if SEGA asks for I.D at the door.

Not sure how the Stadium/Retro giveaway tickets work thou

Man, I can't wait to go! I got myself and my guests tickets. (so I might have extras of the merchandise) You'll be able to notice me from my Charmy Bee costume. Is there any more info on the prizes for the costumes?

You know what I would love to see in Sonic Boom?

The epic Sonic clock

I highly doubt the current owner would show it there though since A ) don't think he is able to go and B ) he paid a lot for it.

Edited by gato

What's so bad about dressing up as your favorite Sonic character? People dress up all the time when they go to these events.

I just got the tickets for my group! :D

So look forward to a lot of info about the event coming from me! ;D

I might have extras of the merchandise)

Please do try to get some extras of the exclusive stuff, if you can. I can't attend, but I also don't want to pay through the nose when people start throwing the stuff up on Ebay for ridiculous prices.

Man, I can't wait to go! I got myself and my guests tickets. (so I might have extras of the merchandise) You'll be able to notice me from my Charmy Bee costume. Is there any more info on the prizes for the costumes?

Please do try to get some extras of the exclusive stuff, if you can. I can't attend, but I also don't want to pay through the nose when people start throwing the stuff up on Ebay for ridiculous prices.

Yeah me too!

Also I have a request for people.

Since it's not very unlikely I can go. Would someone do me and the many many many others who are not going a great big huge favour?

Mainly because I wanted to document the day in some way and I knew that many others would also want to see what it was like.

This year I intend to do the same, in an officially unofficial capacity, unless I suddenly get promoted to the rank of GVD (General Video Dogsbody)... well anyway.

Could somebody film a 'tour' of this? you don't have to say much on the tape, (unless you really want to) but it would be rather nice just to get an idea of what it would be like to actually be there. If it's any consolation, I'm sure many thousands of others would love you too.

I already intend to do so Hogfather, no worries. It's only a 480p camera though, still good though. I plan to document as much as I can. Pictures, video, gameplay videos, even a textual summary. I don't ever lose a beat on these things.

Also I have a few tickets, anyone willing to come with my group can and will get a free ticket. PM me if interested.

Yeah I'll probably hang on to them for a while if it's something really good, but hey I'll be getting them for free, I wouldn't be asking crazy prices.

So who do we know is cosplaying?

Edited by dirupti

Me and my girlfriend might be doing human-Sonic and human-Amy. Still unsure, I was going to do him for this year's Anime Expo anyway. I'm unprepared now, if SEGA would have announced this 3 months ago I'd be okay to get it ready but now we both have less than a month to make the entire cosplay. Worse case I'll just go as Wentos. XD

I'll be there, I'm really excited for this! :D

I might be cosplaying as a box of rings (see avatar). Definitely not going to try and pull off a character though.

• Thumbs Up 2

So you want to get punched and stomped on, then? (;

Or thrown accross the floor at a badnik cosplayer by a tails cosplayer right!

Haha, hmm, not sure about that...

Or thrown accross the floor at a badnik cosplayer by a tails cosplayer right!

Ok, well, that actually sounds kind of fun! XD

(I also laughed at the Sonic 06 reference :P)