Awoo.

SONIC BOOM!

Badnik Mechanic

I already intend to do so Hogfather, no worries. It's only a 480p camera though, still good though. I plan to document as much as I can. Pictures, video, gameplay videos, even a textual summary. I don't ever lose a beat on these things.

Awesome sauce. Don't worry too much about it only being 480p, it's just nice to actually get the view of someone on the ground level walking around. Gameplay videos are nice too, but for stuff like this I love the footage of the actual floor space and walking around since the gameplay stuff will pop up eventually anyway.

Oh yes, just so you know, if theres a band there (Crush 40 or some other rocky dudes), if you decide to film it, be aware that a lot of cameras won't be able to record the audio too well as the mics are not good enough to cope with loud noises, as well all discovered after SOS 2010.

I'd go to this, but I'm not big on traveling. Still, I wish everyone fun for those who do go.

Oh yes, just so you know, if theres a band there (Crush 40 or some other rocky dudes), if you decide to film it, be aware that a lot of cameras won't be able to record the audio too well as the mics are not good enough to cope with loud noises, as well all discovered after SOS 2010.

I'm aware of this, I've gone to concerts before. I doubt I can get any good sound out of it unless I bring a wagon-full of recording hardware. :P

Also I'll lobby for 70's Trouser Mode in Generations, you never know, it could be like a "What if Sonic was made in the 70's instead of 90's" thing. I want to see Sonic in a pair of bell-bottoms already goddammit.

I'd go myself but I'm in the east coast myself i can travel but short on greens at moment so no dice for me. :angry: But still i wish i could of went best of luck. :lol:

I'd love to know who this "mystery music man" so I could know what to bring to be signed!

EDIT: Sweet I loved Needlemouse: the musical!

Edited by dirupti

Sonic.... BOOM!

5783598506_3dcfecff19.jpg

Boom!

5783953021_7132dfa39b.jpg

Shirt will be available on the day, no idea if it's a paid for thing or if it's a freebie, Sega flicker pages didn't say.

Edited by Hogfather

They're a give away to everyone with a ticket to the event :)

They just posted a FAQ on the Boom page detailing the event, how you can get in without a ticket etc

Here's the link.. bring an I.D!

Edited by Jix Hedgehog

I was gonna go. My brother and I even got tickets.

Then my mom was mean and decided later she wasn't gonna let us go after all.

It's been years since I cried so badly. Have fun, everyone. I'll probably be crying all that day.

Sorry Sapphire, I remember reading how excited you were to be able to go.

Maybe you could sell your tickets? $_$ hehe

I know, I'm so bummed out! You interested? There's just no way we can go and we've got 2... on the blogs they said they actually can be transferred to people. I'd even give them to you for free, (as long as you'd maybe get me a free pin or something neat!) they'd be going to waste otherwise. Just let me know soon, OK?

Edited by Sapphire

From the Sega blog...

T-Shirts and other Giveaway Items

All ticket holders will receive a Sonic Boom t-shirt along with other cool items like Sonic hats and buttons. Sizes, as well as giveaway items for non-ticket holders, are on a first come first served basis. What do the shirts look like? Well...

Please... someone... anyone... who is going, please pick me up a pin badge! I love Sonic pin badges/badges/buttons, if anyone can pick me up one I'll happilly pay you monies or swap it for a nice suprise.

Uh but better send me a message first! I don't want you to buy them (if they're not freebies) and then have 50 people say I gots you a badge!

Edited by Hogfather

I know, I'm so bummed out! You interested? There's just no way we can go and we've got 2... on the blogs they said they actually can be transferred to people. I'd even give them to you for free, (as long as you'd maybe get me a free pin or something neat!) they'd be going to waste otherwise. Just let me know soon, OK?

I've got my ticket already or I'd take up your offer :) Maybe you can put them in the market place section

I am trying to get a ticket's name changed. SEGA hasn't responded so far. I'm bringing a guest so I'll have doubles of the giveaway merch. (and if anything is being sold you can expect I'll grab a load of that stuff as well!) And all is apparently not lost for those who didn't get there own tickets because:

We will have two lines at the event — one for ticket holders, and one for non-ticket holders

I wouldn't expect to be able to get in unless you're in the first 20 or so non ticket holders. Cause in a 4 hour convention how many people ,who like Sonic enough to knew when to go online to grab tickets, are going to leave to make room for the fellows lacking tickets?

@Hogfather

Definitely a freebie.

All ticket holders will receive a Sonic Boom t-shirt along with other cool items like Sonic hats and buttons.
It's on the SEGA of America blog page.

@Dissident

Where's Classic Tails' love? They've got three Sonics (1 being classic) but no classic Tails? Outrage!

Edited by dirupti

Again... Can anyone pick me up a badge? (insert a sad face)

I'll send you something for your troubles if you can get me one! (insert a happy face!)

According to Clumsyorchid (AKA Julian)the only purchasable items will be food. All of the collectables will be giveaways.

Edited by dirupti

Here's the food that will be available:

All of the items below are $9 each:

Shaved Roast Beef w/ Aged Cheddar & Horseradish on Sour Dough Baguette

Fresh Roasted Turkey Sandwich w/ Gruyere Cheese w/ Mustard Aioli on Croissant

Organic Mixed Green Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette

Chinois Chicken Salad

Spicy Tuna Tartar in a Sesame Miso Cone

Orders of Chipotle Chicken Wings with Ranch Dressing (on the side)

Kobe Sliders

Sandwich Wraps

All of the items below are $3 each:

Pretzels

Popcorn

Potato Chips

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2011/06/03/segae3-sonic-boom-food/

I mean, it is a natural thought. You can't have a Sonic celebration without chili dogs. =(

LOLOL I love all the backlash in the comments about no chili dogs.

Would they really want to collect rings, kill stuff and race around the city at a time limit to get dinner? Stupid fans.

By the way it is a criminal offense not to come up and say hello if you see Dread or myself. I will of course be adorned with a hat.

T

• Thumbs Up 2

OH MY DAYS!

As pointed out by T-Bird.

Shaved Roast Beef w/ Aged Cheddar & Horseradish on Sour Dough Baguette
  • Thumbs Up 3