Awoo.

SONIC BOOM!

Badnik Mechanic

At least the people in LA seemed really into it. >w> *dodges bullets* [/jest]

Edited by Inferno

...EXCUSE ME? Also that should be "first"* But you're still wrong there, they played their first gig outside of Japan at last years Summer of Sonic in London, UK

Dude, calm down, I was in a hurry when I wrote this, I wanted to write that it's the first time they actually played in the U.S., Sorry.

Edited by R@qH1eL
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just got home with lots of swag. More pictures video and whatnot latter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iqF61dMUh0

*eyes goes wide like a cat*

Look at all those pin badges!?

Good haul, that my friends is a good toot haul. A fine fine toot haul indeed.

... ... ...I wish I'd gone.

Am I the only one thinking that Sonic Boom should totally be classic Sonic's theme? xD That's awesome!

I think that this is Dusk Golems video.

9 min of Sonic Boom.

Contains Iizuka giving a speach, someones run of Sonic Gen (and getting an S rank!), Arron Webber having a chat.

Was it really as dark as this and nearly every other video makes out?

I am so glad I won the costume contest, I think that was my 2nd favorite part, with listening to Jun S. Jam out the new green hill zone as my favorite. I sat in line with some people to get our picture taken (they loved my costume and wanted me in the picture)the same nice couple gave me a Jun S. signed Sonic Generations ad thing. (thanks!) I got to shake the 3 creators of Sonic's hand's! A privilege I only got because I got to go back stage for the costume contest.

Final Sonic Boom verdict: It started out slow with nothing to dobut play the same 2 levels over and over, but when 7:00 hit the stage show began! not a dull moment after that! ^_^

P.S. SEGA said they will be sending out a box of SEGASonic goodies for the cosplay winners, I'll let you know what's in it when I receive it!

Was it really as dark as this and nearly every other video makes out?
Edited by dirupti

I have 40 minutes of Crush 40 and like another 30 of Aaron, the birthday cake, screaming...

I got 3 shirts, 5 sets of buttons, 3 hats, Yuji Naka signed my "Team Sonic" white jacket..

Everyone had a great time and rocked out so hard that I couldn't hear anything for like an hour..

Was hoping to hear or see something about Episode 2, but getting our voices into Generations is just as good I suppose

How's everyone getting all this extra stuff? xP

I hope someone starts selling them on eBay for a good price. I need that shirt. O-O

• Thumbs Up 1

I need that shirt. O-O

Yeah! Me too!

Well it was 24 hours after SOS that the bags first started to appear, so... 48 for this one at the most?

lol Watching the videos and listening to the comments, did they just empty a truck of toot into the building!? Also did anyone do a tour video?

Edited by Hogfather

I didn't mind the auto tune so much since it was more reliant on vocoding other effects than auto tuning, and it's not an inherently bad thing if you know how to do it right.

I was curious as to what vocoding was and looked it up. That's what I hate. Doesn't make a difference what song it is. I can't stand that sound.

But enough bitching from me. I'm glad everyone had fun there. It looked like a blast. :D

The event was incredible the demo of sonic generations had more challege then i expected. And the remixes gave me unstoppable shivers...yuji naka walked right next to me...(and here's a nice little tip if your dashing as modern sonic repeatedly press LT and RT to stay in ball form).

Edited by Smash

Well I really liked Sonic Boom and hope they do another next year. This is how I thought the evening went...

Positive things:

Being able to play Sonic Generation

The gifts

Being able to see Crush 40, Yuji Naka, Jun Sunoe, Naoto Oshima etc..

city escape remix

the costume competion

The Time attack competition

The staff that at least to me was very nice

and being able to meet other sonic fans

negative things(well not that negative):

I was actually surprised that they did not give the option to buy other merchandise so i was bummed up about that.

Even though I liked the music they were playing throughout the event when there was nothing going out I really though that they were going to play sonic music but I guess they decided on the mainstream music

Crush 40 only singing some parts of their songs. How could they not play completely Open your Heart =(

This is a personal one... I was in the top 5 in the time attack competition and when the dudes from our own sonic stadium went up to the stage to talk about the summer of sonic someone got a better time than me =( but i guess its all good jajaja

• Thumbs Up 1

The positives totally outweighed the negatives, but i totally agree with the music thing...

They played mostly shit music the whole time, the live sonic music more than made up for it though.

Rap/hip hop Songs about getting laid and getting drunk are not what i want to hear at a sonic event, or anywhere for that matter.

They did play a MJ track though and I started dancing. haha.

Oh and also every time I was going to get an autograph they always stopped and went somewhere else =(

Hey does anyone know where are they going to put the photos some of the staff there was taking?

Listened to two of the songs.

Crush 40 version of Sonic Boom was abhorrent.

The City Escape remix wasn't all that bad, though.

Some peeps are so lucky. XP Someday I can hope for them to come to the midwest, the coasts always get such great opportunities. :< Always appreciate the sharing of info though!

I'm. So. Jelly.

Of all of you. Yep.

I have a set of badges with your name on them if you still want them :)

Surprised none of the freebees have hit eBay yet.. there will probably be a ton of signed event shirts going around.

I stayed til the end and that's when you could basically load up on left overs, the shirt table girl was throwing them every which way and they still had unopened boxes of the shirts and badges (which'll probably be shipped over for SOS)

yuji naka walked right next to me...(and here's a nice little tip if your dashing as modern sonic repeatedly press LT and RT to stay in ball form).

Just heard C40's version of Sonic boom. It was okay. The instrumentals were the highlight along with the auto tune guy. Main vocals were not......just no. What happened to that girl who originally sang it?

Just heard a little bit of the new version of Escape From the City. That, was way past cool. No, seriously, it was. I didn't hear the full thing (didn't want to spoil it for myself) but what I heard was awesome!

And wait.

Crush 40 sang... Sonic Boom? As in, the song from Sonic CD? Interesting...

Twenty bucks?

Hehe, it might be the one I found on the floor and swapped for a medium for my wife :)

Yeah, Crush40 sang Sonic Boom, had the re-make of the original SEGA-CD intro playing on the screen as they did so.

Seeing the original intro all those years back is a fond memory of mine, so their version didn't do much for me.. but their other songs with the guitar going off rawked.. couldn't hear anything excepting ringing after they were done.