Awoo.

SONIC BOOM!

Badnik Mechanic

Last night was awesome! I wish I could have stayed longer though but I had to go to the VGL concert that same evening. It was really need that I was able to meet Yuji Naka and have him autograph my Sonic Adventure 2 10th anniversary pack. :D Also it was awesome to finally see Crush 40 up close. Yay! I even recorded their performance. If they plan to do this again next year then I'm definitely going!

Edited by animegirl

I just got back home from LA a few hours ago.

Last time was such an unbelievably awesome experience, I had an amazing time! It was really cool meeting some of you guys in person. Playing an early version of Generations was awesome, and Crush 40 coming on stage and playing live was one of the best surprises of my life.

I'm so glad I was able to come down and make it for the event, everyone there was really cool! SEGA really knows how to throw a party!

I just got back home from LA a few hours ago.

Last time was such an unbelievably awesome experience, I had an amazing time! It was really cool meeting some of you guys in person. Playing an early version of Generations was awesome, and Crush 40 coming on stage and playing live was one of the best surprises of my life.

I'm so glad I was able to come down and make it for the event, everyone there was really cool! SEGA really knows how to throw a party!

Were you one of the guys on stage in the Sonic customs contest?

Were you one of the guys on stage in the Sonic customs contest?

Yep, I was the dude who looked like Metal Sonic. I just changed my avatar so you can see for yourself. :P

I have a set of badges with your name on them if you still want them :)

Surprised none of the freebees have hit eBay yet.. there will probably be a ton of signed event shirts going around.

I stayed til the end and that's when you could basically load up on left overs, the shirt table girl was throwing them every which way and they still had unopened boxes of the shirts and badges (which'll probably be shipped over for SOS)

Oh my gosh, are you serious? People really did get lucky over there, huh? Do you by any chance have any extras that you would care to part with?

Yep, I was the dude who looked like Metal Sonic. I just changed my avatar so you can see for yourself. :P

OMG! I saw you over there last night! I'm that girl who was hanging out with my friend with the green hair wig while we were waiting in line!

I hardly visit this forum but I'm more likely hang around the Jun Senoue forum.

New video!

A couple of pictures -

Rings all over the foot paths

SonicBoom2011005.jpg

SonicBoom2011013.jpg

The non-ticket holder line, the guys at the front were there since 1pm

SonicBoom2011008.jpg

Second floor balcony, people were peeling these off the glass at the end of the night

SonicBoom2011011.jpg

The beginning of the ticket holder line at about 4:20pm

SonicBoom2011016.jpg

Shortly before they let us in, couldn't have been more than 250 people

SonicBoom2011036.jpg

Be Sonic

SonicBoom2011044.jpg

Kind of dark, but it's the hat give away table at the entrance

SonicBoom2011052.jpg

The shirt giveaway table, the bottom boxes were never openedSonicBoom2011060.jpg

Cupcakes - Vanilla and Chocolate

SonicBoom2011062.jpg

DreadKnux and T-Bird

SonicBoom2011076.jpg

Jun Senoue and Yuji Naka

SonicBoom2011079.jpg

SonicBoom2011082.jpg

He's signing my jacket :D

SonicBoom2011085.jpg

SonicBoom2011086.jpg

Classic and Modern

SonicBoom2011092.jpg

SonicBoom2011093.jpg

and it's really blurry, but Iizuka having a smoke before leaving (we parked in the same lot)

SonicBoom2011113.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

TheBlueWind and animegirl: Awesome, I remember you guys! :D

Here are a few pics I took while at Sonic Boom. Probably not a whole lot you guys haven't already seen.

1.jpg

Here's what the line looked like from behind me. It got to be pretty long by the time we got in.

2.jpg

Look at all them Sonic hats. XD

3.jpg

A perfect shot my friend took of the Needlemouse performance.

4.jpg

This is me with my best friend (who's dressed like Tikal), in front of the stage during intermission.

5.jpg

Hanging out with Svend and T-bird. Svend and I are totally looking the wrong direction though. XD

6.jpg

A picture of me and Jun Senoue! This made me extremely happy.

• Thumbs Up 3

Aw man! I wanted to meet Jun in person but I ran out of time and me and my buddy had to literally run off to the next venue which is VGL (Tommy Tallarico did an awesome performance for their 200th show) and we were in for a nice treat for us which was The Megas performing there. Awesome evening it was. I wish I stayed at Sonic Boom till the end. Oh, well...

But I did meet T-bird again after me and my friend gave him a tour of L.A. And I've meet Svend at Sonic Boom. It was nice meeting them in real life. :)

Edited by animegirl

I know some people might look down on me for this... but...

If anyone is willing to give up some of that swag, could you please PM me? I'm not paying $20 for a shirt someone got for free. ;~;

259925_1790500044122_1288258663_31599916_7110906_n.jpg

Pfftt, lucky. I am laughing at my friend a bit as he thought that Iizuka was some random guy until he showed me the pic and I just sat there and told him, "Dude, that's the new director of Sonic. The guy who was in charge of Colors and now Generations?" Of course his response was disappointment he didn't get his game signed by both Naka and Iizuka as they were both there.

Edited by Dusk Golem

Skip to the musical! They did a few twists on the original, and it's brilliant!

(yes, I'm aware that it's probably been posted before, no, I don't care)

HAHA finally spotted myself in one of these pics, im the one with the blue shirt behind my girlfriend "with the owl backpack" on the one with the description..."Shortly before they let us in, couldn't have been more than 250 people"

Its, funny I look like im looking directly at the camera.

Skip to the musical! They did a few twists on the original, and it's brilliant!

(yes, I'm aware that it's probably been posted before, no, I don't care)

Edited by YoshiUnityU

I am epically jellous of all the free toot that you guys got, I would love one of those shirts... and the badges!

Sooo it seems like Sonic boom was more like a party/club than a preview of Sonic Gen. Damn I wish I could have gone.

Oh man, thanks so much everyone for sharing the pics and videos! Many not being able to attend, it's the best next thing! :P I'd pay for some swag if people would offer, if only because they had to pay gas or transit to get there.. Still can't beat the actual experience of being there in person though. *sigh* Soooo cooool~

I wonder is any of the remixed songs (like Super Sonic Racing and Sonic Boom) they performed at the Sonic concert will appear in Generations.