Awoo.

Sonic Generations for PC!?!? Official

Woun

The 3DS version being another Sonic Rush wouldn't be a bad thing though. Modern Sonic would have the gameplay of the Rush games, and Classic Sonic would have the gameplay of the Genesis games.

Which would be kinda useless. Why play 2 sonic in 2D? That would be a huge waste of the power 3DS could possible do. I mean if it can make SSF43D look as good as it does, I would not see a reason why Sonic gen could basically be the wii/ps2 version of it. Like Unleashed HD vs Unleashed wii/ps2.

Oh man oh man oh man oh man.

Man I'm trippin'. Would pay so much to see this game on my widescreen monitor. Plus, all the modding.

My body is ready.

• Thumbs Up 4

I wonder what the HD Brotherhood have to say about the 3DS version :P

Let's hope the listing of these 2 platforms isn't an error. SEGA UK said "no comment" rather than outright denying it, so I think we're safe.

I'm undecided between the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, but I'd like to get the 3DS version to play on the go, too. My PC's not really built for gaming.

Why play 2 sonic in 2D?

Why play a 2D Sonic game when you can play a 2D Mario game?

Two different gameplay styles.

Edited by Preston

Why play a 2D Sonic game when you can play a 2D Mario game?

Two different gameplay styles.

Yeah uh one sonic with boost and another w/o boost. I'll stick to the faster sonic that still does EVERYTHING the other sonic does.

Yeah uh one sonic with boost and another w/o boost. I'll stick to the faster sonic that still does EVERYTHING the other sonic does.

I would go into all of the nuances between the Rush and Genesis games, but I would just derail the topic.

Either way, happy to see PC gamers thrown a bone here. Here's to hoping for that Cafe version now.

• Thumbs Up 7

I wonder what the HD Brotherhood have to say about the 3DS version :P

Oh I'm sure they'll go on and on about how the 3DS version will just be an 'inferior version' when compaired to the console game.

Also expect them to work in the Wii version of Unleashed in their argument.

.....Dear God, I know them way too well. :(

..except sturdy platforming, the spin attack, the Spin Dash, pinball mechanics, power ups, layer-tiered alternate routes, and a whole slew of other things. However this topic is not for here. Just saying for the sake of common sense and justification.

On topic, I will say that I'm gonna have loads of fun ripping models straight from this game, especially the classic Sonic model.

• Thumbs Up 3

But yeah PC version of Sonic Generations? Can I say one of the best looking games of the year, THAT'S NOT A FIRST PERSON SHOOTER? To bad my laptop would not be able to run it, I would love to see how purty it looks when put on max out graphics (or whatever the PC calls it).

So...now that's 3 versions that I'll want to buy. Xbox for purely gaming purposes, 3DS for on the go and PC for mods and other goodies.

SEGA, you know how to raid my wallet far too well.

Still a shame there isn't a Colors-esque Wii version, but whatever. It's gonna be a big hit, either way!

If this came out on Steam and my computer could run it decently, I'd so get this over either console version. =o Exciting, especially if they release it on Steam (they did it with Sonic and SEGA racing and Dreamcast collection so it's possible).

YESH!!! I'm surprised no one has posted that vid yet

HELL YESH! That's amazing news! I don't own neither an xbox360 nor a Ps3 and we haven't had a main Sonic game on PC since heroes! Give us that, Sega!

When contacted Sega UK gave us a "no comment".

Thanks for the confirmation, Sega. Well done!

AFHGFAALJDBAGYLAUILBNCUILDFHAJKLCNDFUILGHAUICHAJKLDNAKCJNDUKLAHICUNJKHJAJICAIOMDOIVHOQFJICIO=¨J;QCOPQJDNAÑ

EDIT: *got beaten to the Video D:*

Sorry for the spam guys.... but this is.... just....

Awesome%20Smiley%20Cry.png

I think gato will be happy. I recall him hoping for this.

I don't remember asking for a PC version of this game, I did ask for a PC version of Sonic 4 though. >_> (Because that game was relased in lots of platforms, and that was before I realised the game wasn't for me, but that's another topic).

The 3DS version being another Sonic Rush wouldn't be a bad thing though. Modern Sonic would have the gameplay of the Rush games, and Classic Sonic would have the gameplay of the Genesis games.

Or Sonic Advance :V

*brick'd*

Okay, Sonic Advance 3 :U

*shot*

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 2

So, I can get the 3DS version because it's on something I own AND experience the 360/PS3 version on the PC!?

375_so_much_win_graphic.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Actually, I just saw it yesterday. I fell into the measurement and thought to publish it or not, but I decided.

You saw this yesterday but didn't say anything? :r But it was so dead on here yesterday. :U

Epic news either way.

It's mentioned in the very same document that confirmed the PC version.

I think gato will be happy. I recall him hoping for this.

They call me Gato ♪

I have metal joints ♪

Beat me up ♪

And earn 15 Silver Points ♪

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Been playing Chrono Trigger for the first time.

Back on topic, the only question that remains is what will become of Sonic Fan Remix now that PC gamers have an alternative?

Sonic Generations on 3DS? Or rather, that should be 3D-YES!!! :D

I am so happy to see this basically confirmed now. Having Sonic Generations on 3DS would be absolutely friggin' amazing. The best of classic gameplay and Colours-esque gameplay, my two favourite Sonic gameplay styles, on the go? And in THREEEE DEEEEE? Instant win to the max.

Epic news on the PC version too. I doubt my laptop would be able to run it very smoothly but hey, it's nice to know I could attempt to own a copy of the HD version should I wish to. Now I don't feel left out! Hurray!

All we need now is for SEGA to confirm this officially, though something tells me they'll hold out until E3 for that.

They call me Gato ♪

I have metal joints ♪

Beat me up ♪

And earn 15 Silver Points ♪

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Been playing Chrono Trigger for the first time.

You are not the first one who thinks I use this nick for that. xD

People in a PSO server think that quite frequently because I use a HUcast.

Back on topic, the only question that remains is what will become of Sonic Fan Remix now that PC gamers have an alternative?

We can have both.

Double ration of classic Sonic goodness, not to mention both games look quite different and use different music, we have 2 visions of classic gameplay to enjoy, everyone (AKA me) wins. :D

Oh man I can't believe this... does this means I'll stop buying games to show support and actually be able to play them? ;_;

Hold ya horses Gentlemen and Gals. I checked the Sonic Retro Homepage and Gene has postet a little update.

PC could potentially stand for "Project Cafe" from Nintendo!

I mean, it's rather unlikely, but you never know!

Edited by Tobibrocki
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Hold ya horses Gentlemen and Gals. I checked the Sonic Retro Homepage and Gene has postet a little update.

PC could potentially stand for "Project Cafe" from Nintendo!

I mean, it's rather unlikely, but you never know!

It only lists Generations for 2011 though, and the Cafe is speculated to arrive in 2012.

Not saying Generations won't probably end up of the Cafe anyway eventually, but the dates suggest a PC version just now.