Awoo.

Sonic Generations for PC!?!? Official

Woun

Let's hope its for the Personal Computer then! And Sega doesn't throw us a Curve Ball at E3 or so.

Hopefully many of you Wii-onl folk who were upset by being left out will be able to play the game now, even if you have to play it one the minimum settings. Unless you have a Mac. In which case, lol.

Blue Blood, you do know that Mac's are practically PC's now and that you can Install Windows on a seperate partition, right? I must know, had one for a long time! ;)

So, nothings impossible, however, if ones Mac is rather old, then, yeah, you have a bit of a problem in that case. But I would just purchase a Console version in that case and play it on a current-gen system.

Edited by Tobibrocki

That's awesome! I'm 100% getting it for the Xbox 360 and I'll probably nab a 3DS copy for on-the-go purposes :D

I'm hoping for some proper 3D gameplay since the 3DS is much more powerful than the DS. Not to mention that speeding in 3D with the 3D effects on would be so cool.

Oh YES!!

Blue Blood, you do know that Mac's are practically PC's now and that you can Install Windows on a seperate partition, right? I must know, had one for a long time! ;)

In order to that though you need to have Windows in the first place. Not that it matters really. Only a very small minority of people will be without a 360, PS3, 3DS or Windows though. It's a nice move of SEGA to finally put a NEW Sonic game on PC. We got ports of SADX, Riders and Mega Collection after they'd been released elsewhere (and ports of '06 and Zero Gravity that never materialised) but they were a long time ago. The only thing we have had is ASR with no online.

Edited by Blue Blood

"Sonic 4...I...I just don't think things are working out between us..."

"What do you mean? *voice slowly raises* Don't I pleasure you whenever you want, when you want it?"

"Um, yeah, but...well, I'm sorta seeing someone else... *under breath* someone better endowed...>_>"

"What?! I THOUGHT WE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL???!!!1!"

"It's not you, it's me...sorry"

*hears car pull up outside*

"That's them now, I- gotta go, Sorry again ._."

*runs over to the car, which has "generations" written on it.*

Sonic 4: ;A; ...

Epic story bro! :lol:

In order to that though you need to have Windows in the first place. Not that it matters really. Only a very small minority of people will be without a 360, PS3, 3DS or Windows though. It's a nice move of SEGA to finally put a NEW Sonic game on PC. We got ports of SADX, Riders and Mega Collection after they'd been released elsewhere (and ports of '06 and Zero Gravity that never materialised) but they were a long time ago. The only thing we have had is ASR with no online.

Yes you do, that is correct, but ya have always good old friend torrent to help ya out. *wink*

Anyway, yes, its been ages since there has been a main series Sonic on computers all across the world. SADX, ah yes, played it on a old chunky PIII PC with 512MB of Ram and 500Mhz Pentium III processor, was fun (honestly it was!), was also the first Sonic I ever completed. Only played the demo of Sonic Riders on PC though, was fun too, bought the GameCube version a while later ... ripped my hair out on that game sadly, much like Heroes, never completed it. =(

ASR though was a really good port, has a few hiccups during the first round in a Race since the Stage has to load (I guess), but other than that, if this PC port will be just as good as ASR's port, then we have a winner, otherwise we have a Wiener with Ketchup! =/

@Inferno:

Don't worry, I´m pretty much neutral and never intendet to steer up a discussion, thats something I let other people on the net invest their time into.

Edited by Tobibrocki

"Sonic 4...I...I just don't think things are working out between us..."

"What do you mean? *voice slowly raises* Don't I pleasure you whenever you want, when you want it?"

"Um, yeah, but...well, I'm sorta seeing someone else... *under breath* someone better endowed...>_>"

"What?! I THOUGHT WE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL???!!!1!"

"It's not you, it's me...sorry"

*hears car pull up outside*

"That's them now, I- gotta go, Sorry again ._."

*runs over to the car, which has "generations" written on it.*

Sonic 4: ;A; ...

This is what I told MW2 and halo 3 when I picked up Halo Reach. :P Just fill Reach with Generations and Sonic 4 with MW2 and H3 and you have my story.

Anyways +1 to Inferno again.

Wow....for the PC?! Yowzah!! That's huge! AND it's coming to the 3DS after all?

tumblr_lkokw7DMS61qzzxaqo1_500.jpg

My wallet.... it is ready...

• Thumbs Up 6

Oh goodie.

Just yesterday I ordered $800 worth of parts for the PC I'm building. Hope the GTX 460 I bought can handle TWO SONIC'S.

Holy shit just imagine the mods!!!

frysonic.png

Edited by CanofEpicSauce
  • Thumbs Up 5

Whilst my Laptop couldn't possibly handle running Generations PC at max spec. Seeing what it would look like with the Hedgehog Engine running at 100%, would be spectacular.

Let's hope the listing of these 2 platforms isn't an error. SEGA UK said "no comment" rather than outright denying it, so I think we're safe.

But anymore when a company says 'no comment' after something is leaked it's usually true. Nintendo said something along those lines wen the Project Cafe rumors started coming in and now they just decided to let the cat out of the bag. I don't think SEGA will be any different this time.

"Yeah, But can it run Sonic Generations?"

Aww man out of all the rumors i hope this is true. We Sonic PC fans have been needing a good modern sonic game PC port.

Sonic Generations on 3DS? Or rather, that should be 3D-YES!!! :D

I am so happy to see this basically confirmed now. Having Sonic Generations on 3DS would be absolutely friggin' amazing. The best of classic gameplay and Colours-esque gameplay, my two favourite Sonic gameplay styles, on the go? And in THREEEE DEEEEE?

I personally think we will more likely see Unleashed Wii-esque stuff. And what does Colors-esque even mean. Well get 2d plattforming enough in the Classic stages, and 3d stuff from Colors is watered down and should be used again.

Hopefully the PC I'll be getting soon will be able to run this. I am definitely interested in a PC port.

Edited by GameFarnsworth940

I'm already planning on picking this game for the 360 and 3DS so this news doesn't effect me that much. But it's good to know that people who don't own a HD console could get the chance to play Generations so Sega haven't left the Wii owners out. :)

3D Vision Surround with full anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering at HD+ resolutions with max settings and a constant 60+FPS...

... Please?

Please.

PLEASE.

PLEASE!

• Thumbs Up 1

3D Vision Surround with full anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering at HD+ resolutions with max settings and a constant 60+FPS...

... Please?

Please.

PLEASE.

PLEASE!

^ You can always force them in the graphics drivers if the game fails to include it by default...

Edited by eXtaticus
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh my god, instant buy now if this is true. It will be the first version I get! <3

Hold ya horses Gentlemen and Gals. I checked the Sonic Retro Homepage and Gene has postet a little update.

PC could potentially stand for "Project Cafe" from Nintendo!

I mean, it's rather unlikely, but you never know!

Edited by Jetronic